Discussion A theory about Meliodas' OG magic

ubw178

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I think I figured the nature of Meliodas' OG magic.
What we know so far is that Mel never used his magic because he was afraid of doing so. Also he stated that he won't be able to live in the mortal world anymore.
He destroyed the DK's arm just by standing close to it which makes it obvious that his OG magic "destroys" stuff.

I think it's a magic that once activated destroys everything around him, without him having control over it. That's why he said he won't be able to stay in the mortal world.
Not because it puts him on the same level as the gods, but because he will destroy everything precious to him. After all what could Meliodas be afraid of? He's the strongest demon and never ran away from a battle so the only thing he is afraid of is losing his friends/Elizabeth.

I think everything we've seen so far makes perfect sense and this is the true nature of his OG magic.

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a more or less similar opinion about it, although I think it may severly harm or even destroy Mel's own body as well. Afterall, he can't remain in mortal world if his mortal body including his seven hearts is destroyed.
This can also explain why DK was seemingly afraid of it and wanted Emo Mel apart from the body. But the fact that DK was provoking Mel to use his OG magic is something I can't explain based on my assumption. :hmm

ubw178

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I haven't though of that but it makes sense as well. If he dies he will lose his emotions so it explains why he hasn't used it before.
No matter what the effect is I think it's clear that Mel's OG magic doesn't put him on par with the gods. It just has a major drawback he's trying to prevent

Mael the strongest

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Right I also think the same .
It must be some destructive energy coming out from him making invisible wall and whoever comes near to him will get hakaied and maybe its area of effecting also increases

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I personally think it ignores conventional durability and erases anything it comes in contact with.

Kind of like Neko from Gokukoku no Brynhildr.