About Gon! many questions and need quick answers

acehaya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Country
Canada
I just have some questions and I want to have a discussion on his character & his part in the series.


Don't be overwhelmed
These are a lot of questions, but I just want
quick mini answers in each of them.

1) How do you him to develop as a character? Become more Mature? Smarter? more Flawed/Unlikable? or just Stay Innocent & Simple?
2) Are you fine with Gon characterization and development to be centered on his flaws?
3) What do you think Gon & Gyro relationship going to be? Enemies from beginning to end, Father & Son dynamic or Friends then Enemies, etc~~
4) Do you want Gon to come back or You want him to stay irrelevant
5) Why do so many people hate Gon?
6) Are you fine if a lot of people hate and don't care about the main protagonist Gon
7) Do you personally feel emotionally invested, attached and connected w/ Gon? or do you lack connection w/ him?
8) Do you think Gon lacking presence (which was intended by Togashi) a good thing?
9) Do you think HxH is bias to Killua perspective whenever the two are together and do you think it's a good thing?
10) Will Gon and Hisoka fight again? if so, when do you think it'll happen.
11) Do you think we'll have an arc fully dedicated on Gon and his nen?
12) Do you think Gon lose his 1 out of ten million talent/potential Or His nen type is going to change?
13) What's you're opinion if Gon nen type will change and he isn't a enhancer anymore?
14) Why do you think 2011 changed Kite introduction and a little bit of his relationship with Gon
15) Does Gon care about Killua just as much as Killua cares about Gon?
16) Your thoughts if Killua becomes the main protagonist& hero and Gon becomes a Villain
17) What type of Hunter do you think Gon going to be?
18) 2 words to describe your reaction and opinion to Gon in Chimera ant arc? Amazing? Heartbreaking? Confusing? what chu think?
19) What arc did Gon shines the best in?
20) Is there a certain thing you want Gon to go through or experience?
21) Do you want him to keep wearing his elf outfit or would you want it to change?
22) Do you want Gon to go to DC?
23) What is the worst thing Togashi could do to Gon character?
24) When he becomes relevant again, what do you think his new goal going to be?
25) What you think about Gon? Love him? Like Him? In the Middle/Neutral? Hate him? Indifferent?
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
1. I want him to become less reckless and more observative. Jis battle against the Owl/Gorilla Combo in Chimera Ant Arc was a good step towards it.
2. Overall yes.
3. Gyro is too much of an unknown factor to give a clear answer to this.
4. I want him to come back. He has faced the darkest moments of this series. He Wanted to sacrifice himself. Now i kinda want him to reflect on it and regret it abd learn from it.
5. Uhm.. are there people hating him?
6. Yes. Because there is very much around him / he is not the only protagonist.
7. I feel connected with him. I can understand him. But was unsatisfied with him after ge got healed so far. This is not finished yet.
8. I Hope we see him soon. And see his development. Not that ge will get a surprise comeback one day with the power he had vs pitou.
9. No i dont think it is that way.
10. I cant see it happen in the future the way it is now.
11. I guess it will be part of something else. Like the Dark Continent Arc where his Father is much present.
12. I can see his Nen type changing. I also guess his jajanken ability will be lost.
13. It will be a solid development after all what happened. I cant see him to be too lighthearted and simple anymore.
14. I dont know. Maybe to have it more recently instead of him to be a character introduced and forgotten for a very long Time like who will remember.
15. Yes i Believe so. Except for the chimera ana arc. Thats where his personality change started.
16. Excuse me?!
17. I guess the type who travels and discovers stuff.
18. Depressingly self-destructive.
19. Greed Island.
20. An epiphany ob what kind of wonder it is that he is still alive.
21. Change please. To whatever fits the situation.
22. Yes.
23. Bring him suddenly back with a new nen ability maybe more powerful than ever without satisfyingly explaining what happened to him.
24. Find his Grandfather/Ancestor maybe?
25. I like him.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,434
Gender
Male
Country
France
Don't be overwhelmed

:s OK.


1) How do you him to develop as a character? Become more Mature? Smarter? more Flawed/Unlikable? or just Stay Innocent & Simple?
Gon has a simple mindset in general, but he is not innocent. He needs to experience more things and he will gradually evolve as a Hunter in many ways.

2) Are you fine with Gon characterization and development to be centered on his flaws?
I do not think that his characterization is centered on his flaws. Both his qualities and flaws are highlighted in the story.

3) What do you think Gon & Gyro relationship going to be? Enemies from beginning to end, Father & Son dynamic or Friends then Enemies, etc~~
Friends then enemies I guess.

4) Do you want Gon to come back or You want him to stay irrelevant
I want him to come back but there is no rush. Even if I didn't want it there is no way he won't come back. He is the main protagonist.

5) Why do so many people hate Gon?
They do? :D

6) Are you fine if a lot of people hate and don't care about the main protagonist Gon
Yes. What can I do?

7) Do you personally feel emotionally invested, attached and connected w/ Gon? or do you lack connection w/ him?
I am invested.

8) Do you think Gon lacking presence (which was intended by Togashi) a good thing?
I never got the impression that he lacked presence.

9) Do you think HxH is bias to Killua perspective whenever the two are together and do you think it's a good thing?
I don't think there is a bias. Gon is a central character for Killua's development and he had his insecurities.

10) Will Gon and Hisoka fight again? if so, when do you think it'll happen.
Yes. When Gon will be "ripe" of course.

11) Do you think we'll have an arc fully dedicated on Gon and his nen?
Yes. But not a long one if it's just about his life on the island. I might not count as an arc.

12) Do you think Gon lose his 1 out of ten million talent/potential Or His nen type is going to change?
No reason for him to lose his potential. I think his Nen type might change, but I am not sure of it. Even if he does become a Specialist, I think he will probably incorporate Jajanken for his techniques somehow because the ability has not been thoroughly explored in the manga.

13) What's you're opinion if Gon nen type will change and he isn't a enhancer anymore?
Wing said you can become a Specialist later in life. I don't think you can become anything else. If Gon's Nen type change he will become a Specialist.

14) Why do you think 2011 changed Kite introduction and a little bit of his relationship with Gon
My guess is that they didn't plan to adapt so many arcs initially. The relationship is the same in my eyes, it's even fleshed out.

15) Does Gon care about Killua just as much as Killua cares about Gon?
Heh, they are best friends. It's hard to gauge feelings. No? If he does, they don't show it the same way. Killua is more fragile than Gon when it comes to friendship due to his education.

16) Your thoughts if Killua becomes the main protagonist& hero and Gon becomes a Villain
If Togashi does something like this I will probably like it(I don't think he will though). But even if Gon becomes an antagonist he could still be the main protagonist.

17) What type of Hunter do you think Gon going to be?
I don't know. That's why Ging told him to think about his future and goals on the island, right? One of the best for sure.

18) 2 words to describe your reaction and opinion to Gon in Chimera ant arc? Amazing? Heartbreaking? Confusing? what chu think?
Surprising. Entertaining.

19) What arc did Gon shines the best in?
Greed Island IMO.

20) Is there a certain thing you want Gon to go through or experience?
I don't know. Love maybe? After seeing his reactions through the arcs and especially the Chimera Ants arc, nothing really clear comes to mind. But I want to see how dangerous he will become as a person when he will get stronger.

21) Do you want him to keep wearing his elf outfit or would you want it to change?
Elf? :XD I don't particularly care as long as the outfit is cool.

22) Do you want Gon to go to DC?
Yes.

23) What is the worst thing Togashi could do to Gon character?
Er, kill him offscreen while he is on Whale Island?

24) When he becomes relevant again, what do you think his new goal going to be?
I don't know but he will end up going to the DC. I would prefer to see him work as a Hunter in the known world first though.

25) What you think about Gon? Love him? Like Him? In the Middle/Neutral? Hate him? Indifferent?
I like him.
 
Last edited:

acehaya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Country
Canada
I'm surprised you guys aren't aware that Gon is hated by a lot of people lol
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm surprised you guys aren't aware that Gon is hated by a lot of people lol
Would you please be so kind to tell me why though?
I read HxH since 2001 and i really havent heard from it. Must have some poor reasons.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,434
Gender
Male
Country
France
I guess the more fitting thing to say is that we are not very exposed to Gon hate. There is a hatedom for Gon, sure. But most of the other characters are no exception.
 

acehaya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Country
Canada
Would you please be so kind to tell me why though?
I read HxH since 2001 and i really havent heard from it. Must have some poor reasons.
This might just be north america or a 2011 hxh fandom thing. Gon is pretty unpopular here and he gets mixed reaction.

I seen a lot of people call Gon a psychopath or that he is crazy (in a bad way) on many Youtube comments. On forums, Read several comments of ppl saying what he done is unforgivable and that they hate him. On reddit, there threads discussing how Gon did this one thing that bothered them, people asking why Gon is hated by many people in the fandom lol, discussion on his potential to be a villain and a lot of comments & discussions on his flaws.

The reason for the hate from what I concluded is because of Killua and Gon being flawed that he is, isn't "cool enough" to make him a enjoyable and likeable character for a lot of people. People often say they hate him because of a particular reason, but other character have done worse yet they don't hate them but hate Gon for it. I seen many call him a hypocrite, these people seem to forget his a kid, they treat and judge him like a grown adult. and often time, people who hate Gon are Killua fans and they don't like how Gon treated Killua or they think Gon doesn't care about Killua and I even seen some people say Gon is manipulative towards Killua. I see a lot of either indifference or hate for Gon.
 
Last edited:

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can see theese may be reasons some people tend to dislike him. But theese arent reasons to literally hate him, or are they?
What you said sounds like a bunch of things people say who rather like powerfull edgy main characters and/or totally missunderstand Gon as a whole and thus misjudge him pretty hard.
I dont think solid HxH Fans hate him.
I guess those people writing the "hate-comments" just jumped onto the hypetrain as HxH 2011 aired abd have no Clue about how deep HxH really is.
 

acehaya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Country
Canada
I can see theese may be reasons some people tend to dislike him. But theese arent reasons to literally hate him, or are they?
What you said sounds like a bunch of things people say who rather like powerfull edgy main characters and/or totally missunderstand Gon as a whole and thus misjudge him pretty hard.
I dont think solid HxH Fans hate him.
I guess those people writing the "hate-comments" just jumped onto the hypetrain as HxH 2011 aired abd have no Clue about how deep HxH really is.
Sometimes it's just dislike but there are some people that really hate Gon. I think it mostly because of chimera ant arc, and 2011 did changed kite intro and In my opinion you understand Gon more in the manga rather than the 2011 version. From what I seen, most solid HxH fans don't hate Gon but they feel more neutral or indifferent about him. The hate is usually among casual fans.

For people who like Gon. I rarely see anyone that is a fan of gon, that understand, appreciate and like all the side to Gon. I seen Gon fangirls that love how cute he is and I seen Gon fanboys that started to love him because they thought he was so cool in chimera ant arc. But I don't see a lot of Gon fans that actually like and understand him as a whole.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,434
Gender
Male
Country
France
Currently rereading the CA arc and the first chapters show that there is still a lot of hidden species in the part of the world they know(Kaito's team found more than 1000 new species in three years, Gon and Killua found more soon after joining them). When the focus will be on Gon again I hope there will be a few stories with him hunting there before going to the DC.
 

Fuuji Genichiro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
369
Reaction score
85
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
1) How do you him to develop as a character? Become more Mature? Smarter? more Flawed/Unlikable? or just Stay Innocent & Simple?
As long as his development is done well i don't really mind which direction it goes. An important thing to keep in mind is how his personality contrasted well with Killua.


2) Are you fine with Gon characterization and development to be centered on his flaws?
It's not though. Also, gon has had less character development that Killua and Kurapika, mainly because there hasn't been any need for him to change or develop a more complex personality. Being simple minded has worked pretty well for him.

3) What do you think Gon & Gyro relationship going to be? Enemies from beginning to end, Father & Son dynamic or Friends then Enemies, etc~~
Not currently relevant enough to have an answer.
4) Do you want Gon to come back or You want him to stay irrelevant
I want him to come back but not yet. He probably has to relearn Nen which suggests a timeskip is in order (shortcuts are risky after all). And anything that could bring killua back into the story would have to involve removing alluka. We can safely assume that we won't be seeing any of those two for now and given how neglected leorio has been that's not too bad.

5) Why do so many people hate Gon?
People hate gon?
I'm not sure why they would.

He's not like goku and he isn't completely ignorant or immature.

6) Are you fine if a lot of people hate and don't care about the main protagonist Gon
Why should i care about what other people think?


7) Do you personally feel emotionally invested, attached and connected w/ Gon? or do you lack connection w/ him?
Gon is one of my favorite characters, but there are other characters in hxh like Hisoka or Illumi that i wouldn't mind seeing more of. Hell as i said Leorio to date has been criminally neglected as a 'protagonist'. He might as well be a secondary character.

8) Do you think Gon lacking presence (which was intended by Togashi) a good thing?
Wouldn't mind seeing him around, but then again the current arc has a strictly serious tone and gon not being around helps that.

9) Do you think HxH is bias to Killua perspective whenever the two are together and do you think it's a good thing?
Gon has a pretty simple personality. Killua as a character thinks more and about deeper and darker things. It's only natural that his perspective would be better for story telling because you can pretty much read gon by his facial expressions anyways.

10) Will Gon and Hisoka fight again? if so, when do you think it'll happen.
Hisoka will only be interested in gon when he becomes significantly stonger. He'll have alot of other challenges and stong people in the HxH universe to keep his company until then, so probably a long long time in the future, unless hisoka starts toying with him to guage him.

11) Do you think we'll have an arc fully dedicated on Gon and his nen?
Doesn't need a whole arc. Doesn't even need more than a summarized chapter.

12) Do you think Gon lose his 1 out of ten million talent/potential Or His nen type is going to change?
If gon lost his 1 in a million potential then he'd be irrelevant to the story and would stay that way unless a massive time-skip happened. Killua and Kuripica are considerably powerful and both are still getting stronger. He'd just be left behind.

13) What's you're opinion if Gon nen type will change and he isn't a enhancer anymore?
Not sure why he'd change type. His inherent nature isn't going to change and nen types are somewhat tied to that. Also wouldn't really fit his character.

14) Why do you think 2011 changed Kite introduction and a little bit of his relationship with Gon
Not sure. Doesn't make much difference does it?


15) Does Gon care about Killua just as much as Killua cares about Gon?
Gon is a wholehearted character and has spent a really long time with Killua. Killua might have been insecure before but that's been resolved.

16) Your thoughts if Killua becomes the main protagonist& hero and Gon becomes a Villain
Pretty unlikely and i can't think up a reasonable scenario where that would be possible. therefore i can't give an answer.

17) What type of Hunter do you think Gon going to be?
Probably inspired by father to explore the "larger world". So pretty likely that he'll train and then join the new world in a much later point in the future.

18) 2 words to describe your reaction and opinion to Gon in Chimera ant arc? Amazing? Heartbreaking? Confusing? what chu think?
Well going supersaiyan was the only way he'd stand a chance against pitou so it's not really surprising. But the scale of his powerup was impressive. Pitou said he was at the kings level at least.

19) What arc did Gon shines the best in?
GI

20) Is there a certain thing you want Gon to go through or experience?
Puberty? I'd love to see an over-competitive gon tryhard to get some female's attention.
If you mean something tragic then no. We don't need another Kurapika.

21) Do you want him to keep wearing his elf outfit or would you want it to change?
I would like a visual change but the general aesthetic doesn't have to change.

22) Do you want Gon to go to DC?
When he's strong enough to not be a an automatic liability. Preferably after a timeskip of sorts.

23) What is the worst thing Togashi could do to Gon character?
Er, kill him offscreen while he is on Whale Island?
That's pretty extreme but it can't get worse than that. Realistically speaking, the worst he would do to gon is to actively keep him in the story without him regaining enough power to be a useful character. Basically turn him into a weak side character like they do with most characters in dragonball.

24) When he becomes relevant again, what do you think his new goal going to be?
Obviously to explore the new continent or to find a way to get to the moon.
25) What you think about Gon? Love him? Like Him? In the Middle/Neutral? Hate him? Indifferent?
I like gon. He's a decent character. He's not as brilliant as Chrollo. But he's good enough for your typical shounen MC.
 
Top