I scanlate Psyren for selfish-reasons, I do it for myself to have something good to read in good quality. I seriously could care less about the public, there are other groups that release chapters. But in the other hand, I've read Edited Mangas from other groups that the group I'm in doesn't do, so in some way, I owe something to the community. For providing me great reads from other mangas.
Good quality? I heard enough people complaining about your lack of quality...
But of course you are right, everyone starts because they want to scanlate and have fun Editing. But do you think any group would survive longer than a few weeks if NOBODY would actually download your releases?! Or if you see that a group which puts 1/4th of the effort into a project than you did before, but is still getting all praise/downloads/attention/etc. ? I doubt it. (Though I personally don't care about any of these, but mabye I would if any of my series were picked up by another group

).
In regards to point one. I think when it comes to non-populars (outside of the big shounen five) then the evidence is a lot less clear cut than you think. Outside of titles like Naruto, Bleach, etc. It's less about getting any material first and more about getting quality material to appreciate the work.
Outside of the top fives the numbers aren't as significant because a non-popular series usually doesn't have a second group speed Editing it. And for other series, true, people are often more patient, because the general reader for those series are often different than the general leecher.
I'm saying that it's as appealing as it's presence. I've picked up countless manga at MangaShare and wanted to get into them but with irregular releases and what not, they fall by the wayside. However with more presence and thus more customer adoration, the Manga Editors would be inclined to push the series out quicker. Case in point, at least for me; Saki.
And you think 5 groups Editing the same manga helps? If three of those groups would stop doing the series and pick up 3 stopped projects wouldn't that help more? (Question is, do they have the resources and skills (also mentioned in my article)).
But now you're saying "more presence" => "customer adoration" => "Edited Manga group gets work done faster". This is clearly not based on facts. There are certain manga, no matter how much presence they get, and no matter how good they're objectively, they'll never get "customer adoration". And then there are always groups, who have VERY POPULAR SERIES, who still don't get things done quicker, because peeps just don't apply, or do apply, but don't possess the necessary skills (Strays). And don't forget this is not the RL market

We don't have a system of supply and demand here.
That's not about hurting the community, that's a bigger issue in which there appears to be no pride in groups these days. Look at what happened with Kuu Scans, Sora Scans started doing speedscans and because the material was out there, half the Kuu staff left and some even jumped ship to join Sora. Where is the pride or commitment?
Who are you, uninvolved in any Edited Manga, to talk about Edited Manga pride?! Pride and commitment? Huh? Can these terms even be applied to Edited Manga? Are you expecting them to waste their time on a project that's already being done, albeit with a horrible quality? They WANTED to, but if nobody applies to fill in the blanks then it's simply NOT possible. And Air Gear DID get a lot of "exposure".
For the point you didn't understand. I'm basically saying that if there's no apple tree planted in the garden behind your house, how can you complain about the lack of apples in your back garden.
Well, I don't know, I personally don't think speed Edited Manga groups and multiple groups working on one release are the only reason for missing resources. One could even say they didn't have any influence. No numbers. No figures. No facts. No way to know.
But that aside, please enlighten me as to how they work. I'm new to seeing this side of it all, up until now i've been fairly ignorant in just getting to see how things pan out from my side of things.
May I ask you for how long you've been reading Edited Mangas and an "active" community member?
Also, don't use mangashare! USE MANGAUPDATES! (NO OFFENSE!)