Thanks for the feedback. I'd suggest checking out the
Tutorials post to see how we record the episodes.
===
@Harun: i listened to One Outs 01 a bit (since its the only series on the blog that i actually care about :P). And what i've heard so far ... well i was thinking it may be better to remove vocals from original track.
Whoever will actually use TTS feature will have to download the actual episode as well. If we're talking about totally blind people i doubt they'll actually use it since there are no descriptions in the mp3s and it's kinda hard to actually understand what's going on if dialogues only.
-You're referring to
Descriptive Video Service, DVS in America. We haven't found people who would volunteer to describe the scenes, yet. I'm nearly blind, and my friend who has recorded other series is totally blind, so neither of us could be of use with DVS.
So others who will download the actual episode will have original sound there as well. I know it's hard to concentrate enough to hear English only, at least to the point that i understand it fully. I know that people in question are much better at it than i (so some actually feedback from VI people may be necessary here) but if nothing else i do think hat the original vocals should be much more quieter than the reading voice at least at the time when its reading.
-When we record, the main audio track is at 40% and the TTS is at 100%. It's the only volume levels we found where we can hear both, heh!
I don't know how voiced over TV shows are presented at your country but i know that in mine its brilliantly done. You can clearly hear and understand the reader while the original speaker is barely heard (if at all) and when the reader tells the necessary lines the volume of original speaker goes up to its original volume.
-I've thought of this also, but I don't know howto write plugins. We're using the KMPLAYER to access the audio subtitles. If you know howto write a plugin, that'd be wonderful!
I think this kind of treatment would be better .. or discard any original voices in the recording for the audio track already exists in the episode itself (or maybe you could extract the audio from original, encode it and upload it as a separate file for those that want to hear original voices from beginning till the end).
-I'm confused what you mean here. Do you mean, upload the MP3 and the subtitle file? That would be a good idea. One of the great benefits here, is that I can throw some eps onto my MP3 player (which can't render subtitle files...) and listen to them while waiting for the bus.
Lol.. an essay ... either way i think its something you should think about (but than again its done based on One Outs ep 1 and i have no idea if this got better untill Soul Eater).
Chibi
-Not really... Soul Eater cane out somewhat better than One Outs. Still, One Outs was great.
===
Cheers,