Discussion Against the Gods (ATG)

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, it looks like Yun Che will be heading off to the Divine Phoenix Empire to take part in the 'Profound Sky Seven Nation Ranking Tournament'...
Which to me, means you have to be at the sky profound level in order to participate. Good news is Yun Che can get to Sky profound level in a weekend (jk! or maybe not for him). Bad news is... Qingyue is now Emperor Profound level so can't participate. I can't think of anybody in the sky level that would impress me.... I guess I'm just jaded because of how useless they were against Yun Che. The Thrones may show up for the 'After Party Treasure Hunt' after the tournament... otherwise known as the Primordial Profound Ark.

On the other hand... that prince from the Divine Phoenix Empire seems to have some issues with Yun Che. I imagine it has to how he got Phoenix powers when he isn't part of their sect... or even their empire. From earlier comments, he thinks he has some bloodline that gave him his abilities but you don't get Phoenix abilities unless you go through the challenges from their Phoenix avatar.... the same one that (thought it) killed the 2nd avatar... the one that gifted Yun Che.

This could be dangerous for that small tribe that follows the Phoenix in the Blue Wind. This also could be an opportunity for Yun Che to pick up the first 4 of the Phoenix skills. He already has skills 5 & 6. (if I'm recalling correctly)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well that wedding could have gone smoother....

I wonder if Yun Che is was just being a proud dumbass when he beat up and almost certainly killed the prince of the Divine Phoenix Empire or if it's a calculated thing. Figuring that they are going to come for his life no matter what he does, so it's better if he doesn't let them report back?

Either way, he's up to his neck in it now.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, even if they don't report back, I'm sure the empire will hear of it.

I bet the Divine Phoenix Empire uses this as excuse to invade. They wanted to do it anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They're ALIVE!

The emperor's actions may have just (temporarily) saved his empire. :blink
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Father in law to the rescue!


I think he needs to give Yun Che some pointers on diplomacy. While I realize the way things went down was supposedly followed Yun Che's master plan. He's obviously not a believer in the old "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" adage.
 
Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, Yun Che is back at Frozen Asgard and relations seem to be better than the last time.
I think you will find the next 2 preview pictures to be entertaining. :XD


 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm definitely a big fan. Really hope that's going to be representative of how those chapters play out.

That would mean a lot of Che in full on letcher mode and Qingyue in kuudere jealousy mode. That's a winning combination.:zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This trip to Frozen Cloud Asgard is going even better than expected.

The question is how far is going the modest route and use this chance to get closer to his wife or the Yun Che route and go for all of them. I feel like the allure of attempting to set up the groundwork for a future sister sandwich with Chu Yuechan and twin sister is going to be too much for him to resist.:XD
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yun Che has finally met his match. He lost to a rock. :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yun Che has finally met his match. He lost to a rock. :XD
He's really taking it personally that he can't damage it too.:XD

I wonder if it's occurred to him the breaking the ancient wall of his wife's house, which is made of priceless super bricks, might not have a ton of upside to it.:amuse
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hahah....and so it begins. Yun Che might be about to embark on the happiest days of life or get frozen into a mansicle. If he dies though, I'm sure it will be with no regrets.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Shall be place bets? How many of these lovely ladies will scream when they discover the mysterious disciple is Yun Che?

Oh! And also, is Yun Che blue right now?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shall be place bets? How many of these lovely ladies will scream when they discover the mysterious disciple is Yun Che?

Oh! And also, is Yun Che blue right now?
Blue? If so I missed that part. Unless that is a euphemism for something... in which case yes.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Frozen Asgard disciples have a blue tint to them.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shall be place bets? How many of these lovely ladies will scream when they discover the mysterious disciple is Yun Che?
The answer was: 2 :D
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yun Che said:
“I definitely do not have any profane intentions. Qingyue can bear testimony for this.”

--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm feeling faint! This just takes too much out of me!:kappa
Some day he's going to do it in a hurry and then everyone will know. :rofl
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So far so good with Yun Che's life in the promised land. At this rate he's going to be turning Frozen Cloud Asguard into his unstoppable private army of deadly and loyal beauties.:amuse

Will many of them actually be jumping into the love interest game though? If so, who?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hahaha, man, when Yun Che started opening profound entrances I totally knew he was going to pull this scam. Should have known he'd pull it on the twins.:XD

"Inverse Concealment"... he's a dog. If Qingyue walks in on this though he's going to be a dead dog.:teehee
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
"Inverse Concealment"... he's a dog. If Qingyue walks in on this though he's going to be a dead dog.:teehee
He'll do the left on one and the right on the other... probably :XD
On the translator's site they call him Smooth Che
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Twins! as expected they have the identical problem. Who would have guessed? :kappa

I wonder if Yun Che, the genius doctor would be interested in purchasing some 'Medical Malpractice Insurance'? :XD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm so sick and tired of dirt-bag people who couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it. You'd think that a prince of the most important empire on the continent would have been trained to have some personal ethical standards that he would abide by. Of course, I wasn't really expecting it from his previous behavior, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised once in a while. It might have been better if his older brother would have dug a little deeper with the retainers till he got the actual truth out of them and relayed that to the emperor.... along with his brothers lies.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was there ever any doubt it was going to go this way? Pretty much every powerful person in Wuxia not on the main character's side is a mix of stupid and tyrannical. It's like a world populated by Donald Trump clones.

Knowing Yun Che, and his completely inability to deescalate anything, there is only one way this can go.

The Phoenix Empire may be about to turn to ash.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The Phoenix Empire may be about to turn to ash.
Frosty ash. :kappa

It should be a fairly predictable tournament and after party:

From the preview pics, over the next 2 chapters he arrives in the capitol city and sees the flying ark and then goes to the Black Moon merchant guild. Yun Che can't really go a whole 2 chapters without smushing someone though so we can look for that. Probably at the border he smushes some border guards who where actually told to smush him. After picking up some really expensive and important stuff with the Xiao Sect's money he will sign in at the tournament. Before the tournament starts he gets laughed at for his Earth Profound level and while it is going on Yun Che will have to defeat all the assassination plots, likely killing people important to the Royal Family in the Divine Phoenix empire, thus getting them even more ticked off.
After winning the tournament Yun Che and the other living important people go up to the Ark in the sky. Most people can't get in but Yun Che can because he just happened to buy something at the Black Moon merchant guild that gets him access. Inside he discovers some power ups and when he gets out he is at the Emperor Profound level... but of course he can still fight people 1 or 2 entire realms above himself so the Divine Phoenix Emperor is now toast.

While this is all going on:
1) Xia Yuanba shows up at the tournament at the Tyrant Profound level! Very unskilled though, just really strong.
2) Xia Hongyi (Qingyue and Yuanba's father) is met at the Black Moon merchant guild!
3) Frozen Asgard gets attacked! The Sect survives since they are stronger than expected... Qingyue gets abducted though.

I wonder if I left anything out? :kappa
 

strixflash

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
2,353
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
@Wowzers LOL! I am sure you got it fully right.

Anyways I am far behind. I am on the chapter where the emperor of Blue Wind Empire asks Yun Che to marry his daughter. I guess it was inevitable but still I am not hyped... When she was first introduced I thought she would be a scheming princess or at least a smart one. She was neither.

Let's hope the next arc is more satisfying than this.

PS: If you want a good wuxia/xianxia to read try Long Live Summons and I shall seal the Heavens. Both of them are really good. The first one has strong harem and the MC is a rascal.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Wowzers LOL! I am sure you got it fully right.

Anyways I am far behind. I am on the chapter where the emperor of Blue Wind Empire asks Yun Che to marry his daughter. I guess it was inevitable but still I am not hyped... When she was first introduced I thought she would be a scheming princess or at least a smart one. She was neither.

Let's hope the next arc is more satisfying than this.

PS: If you want a good wuxia/xianxia to read try Long Live Summons and I shall seal the Heavens. Both of them are really good. The first one has strong harem and the MC is a rascal.
Yeah, wasn't a fan of that either. Demure is boring. I liked her more when she had some fire. Especially since Yun Che is so overbearing.

I read Long Live Summons. It's one of my favorite acutally. Though I mainly read for the absurd lies Yue Yang tells. Those are awesome.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I kinda think there is going to be a Vegeta vs the Punching Machine situation here. :D
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Noticing a lot of female names in the battle tournament. Something tells me Yun Che's promise to Little Aunt of not bringing back any new girls is going to get broken spectacularly.:^_^
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
There seems to be an unhealthy amount of interest in the daughter of the Divine Phoenix Emperor... she might be safer with Yun Che. :kappa
 
Top