Seinen - Ah! My Goddess by Fujishima Kosuke | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Ah! My Goddess by Fujishima Kosuke

What do you think of this series? (Please post reasons for opinions)

• I love it!

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • I enjoy it

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • It is okay

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I am not particularly fond of it

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was shocking to me that this manga did not have its own thread yet; so, here it is.

ああっ女神さまっ
(Aa! Megami-sama!)

Ah! My Goddess by Kōsuke Fujishima has been in production since 1988.

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy

Online Viewing: [Manga Hut]

Torrent: [Goddess Miyaku Team] [all chapters up to 234]

Zip: [Stoptazmo]

Synopsis: The plot of the manga (and of most OMG series) centers on a good-natured, yet hapless and girlfriend-less college freshman named Keiichi Morisato. This is partially remedied when he dials the number of the Goddess Technical Help Line (literally translated as Goddess Relief Line). A beautiful goddess named Belldandy (Japanese transliteration of the Norse Verdandi) materializes in his room, granting his accidental wish of wanting a beautiful girl such as herself to stay with him forever. After this, the plot follows the two's comical love story, as Belldany's sisters move in with them and other events and misadventures befall them.

This manga has a beautifully artistic style and contains interesting references to Norse mythology, such as the three principal goddesses of the story being named for the Norns, the Norse goddesses of fate. For those of you who are looking for a new series with beautiful artwork, rich mythology, and light-hearted fun, I would recommend this series.

Please use this thread to discuss this series further.

Update!!! Check out MH's manga database page on this manga.

Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Ah! My Goddess

...Damn! Another series I need to read now! I had no idea it was a Seinen though... I had always thought it was a Shounen, crossing onto Shoujo.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

...Damn! Another series I need to read now! I had no idea it was a Seinen though... I had always thought it was a Shounen, crossing onto Shoujo.
Yeah, it surprised me too when I checked. I always thought it was shounen or shoujo too, but I guess it is seinen due to the avant garde art style and perhaps of its origins as a spin-off of You're Under Arrest. I hope that it does not get lost in the seinen section, given how uncharacteristically seinen it is.

You should definitely get into it, especially if you like the anime, which follows the manga rather well.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Yep, definately, I'll be sure to post back here when I get time to read it. :XD

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Dang. I only meant to submit my opinion to the poll but happened to see that it asked for reasons too...

Um, let see, I began to read this manga since I was in High School, and it soon stayed among my favourites. I fell in love with motocycles and Belldandy's kindness and later the drawing style of Fujishima. The drawing of the very first volumes weren't something I would give a compliment, but when it reached around -- well - I really can't recall, it had gotten better, however. Sadly the release has been so slow in my country, I was so surprised to see the volume 29 on the store the other day. I was thinking about catching up on it again, but is the story reaching some advancement on the relationship between Morisato and his angel?

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Dang. I only meant to submit my opinion to the poll but happened to see that it asked for reasons too...

Um, let see, I began to read this manga since I was in High School, and it soon stayed among my favourites. I fell in love with motocycles and Belldandy's kindness and later the drawing style of Fujishima. The drawing of the very first volumes weren't something I would give a compliment, but when it reached around -- well - I really can't recall, it had gotten better, however. Sadly the release has been so slow in my country, I was so surprised to see the volume 29 on the store the other day. I was thinking about catching up on it again, but is the story reaching some advancement on the relationship between Morisato and his angel?
Yes, my plan to lure people to post with the poll is working. :kukuku

I agree. The artwork has improved over the years, and only now with Fujishima's current style would I call it a beauty. The relationship is still rather slowly progressing. Keiichi is still rather bashful concerning his relationship with Belldandy, but there is a definite sense that they both deeply acknowledge the relationship (even if they don't vocalize it).

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Ah this was a great series back in the day... I remember they did a new anime of it recently too - is that still going on? It was pretty close to the manga.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah this was a great series back in the day... I remember they did a new anime of it recently too - is that still going on? It was pretty close to the manga.
The anime has completed its second season, and it is in limbo concerning a third season; so, there might be a third season, but until confirmation comes, it can be considered on hiatus.

Jimmy C

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

My group has been Editing this manga since 2004. Unfortunately, we are now in dire need of new editors and translators to move forward.
I've put up recruitment ads in the appropriate forums.
Please post here if you are interested in translating this manga for us.
Please post here if you are interested in editing for us.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

My group has been Editing this manga since 2004. Unfortunately, we are now in dire need of new editors and translators to move forward.
I've put up recruitment ads in the appropriate forums.
Please post here if you are interested in translating this manga for us.
Please post here if you are interested in editing for us.
Wonderful!!! :tackle

One of the reasons I think that this manga has such a weak following is because there aren't that many Edited Mangas available for the series and when there are, they are rather infrequent. Hopefully, you will find new associates to produce more Edited Mangas.

Is there a site where your current Edited Mangas can be viewed? If they are available online, then please post a link and I will add it to the first post.

Jimmy C

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

It's on the Manga Hut link that you yourself put in the first post. They have all our chapters up to 234, the last one we managed to release, so far.
However, it seems they don't have our redone early volumes and the Colors book. I know a torrent that has it, but is it ok to post a link to it here?

[Luckas]Sure :)[/Luckas]

Ok then. this torrent contains everything up to chapter 218 of the manga, including the Colors book. From 219 onwards, you can read from the Manga Hut link posted above or get the zips from Stoptazmo. Due to bandwidth issues, archives are only available to registered members.
For some reason, neither Manga Hut nor Stoptazmo have our AMG Complete Edited Mangas. The first 2 volumes are in the torrent linked previously. You can get the third from our site.

[Tsuki]I updated the first post with your links. Let me know if any of the information is incorrect.[/Tsuki]

That information is correct.

Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 239 was a good chapter. I will miss Chrono. She was lively and cute and brought an interesting dynamic to the group. I hope that she does get her wings as Valkyrie and also gets an angel. Hopefully Ere and Ex also receive some characterization later too. :)

It was also nice to see Peorth and Lind. The bit with the maid's dress was rather amusing. Peorth would wear such things on her assignments :XD, and then the hilarity was complete when Keiichi came home to find Belldandy and sisters also pretending to be maids. :gigglebunny

I am looking forward to the next chapter.

It looks like the Daimakaichou is in danger from a mysterious new group. I wonder if Urd is going to save her mother. To be able to take out the Daimakaichou, the group must be very powerful, but the way that they took her out was kind of weird. I suppose it must be very hard to enact several spells simultaneously on a single target, but I wouldn't have that.

Last edited:

kaostheory

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was the first manga i ever read and one of my favorites
Even though i'm not a huge fan of romance this manga stuck with me and is the reason i started reading more mangas

AstroNerdBoy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread needs to be added to the Ah! My Goddess page. ^_^

As for the manga itself, I'm so invested in it at this point, I'll likely keep reading it until it ends, even though it ceased being anything really good years ago. Occasionally something interesting happens, but that's the exception.

I have started Fujishima-sensei's new title too -- "Paradise Residence."

bobso33

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Holy crap, guys read the latest chapters.

shouryuujo

Reaction score
Country
United States
i used to like it but now it is ok. I mean there's not much development between belldandy and keiisuke and we are so far ahead. I am not saying there should be sex but at least they should advance a little more than what it is now. Their development is like a snail.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy crap, guys read the latest chapters.
Quite interesting turn of events, ne? :tem

I also have found these past few chapters quite exciting. I knew that the usurpation of Hild's position would yield a very interesting arc. I don't know if I'm more excited to see the goddess trio go to Niflheim or to learn what Hild is scheming. The foreshadowing around Hild's plot is quite intense, and I have absolutely no idea what it could possibly (which is always exciting when a writer achieves that level of mystery).

Although I expect the goddess trio and Keiichi's secret weapon from Hild to be sufficient to stop Hagal, I sort of don't want her to be stopped just yet. If her actions continue, it might prompt a war between Heaven and Hell, which would be interesting to see. Kami-sama might even get involved if it gets chaotic enough.

All in all, this arc has been very promising and holds potential for even more excitement that breathes a much welcomed breath of fresh air into the plot.

DrunkDragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone, have or know where to find the raws from 252 and above?

raptor02_2001

Reaction score
Country
United States
i found some of site will provide manga but it is required to download in bittorent ...
it is allow??
1st link
http://miyaku.com/about.htm
2nd link
http://gateway.cjb.net/

it will helpful info

i notice so many online manga dont have it ... i wonder it ...
[mod=Kaiten.Sama]Because Dark Horse sends C&D orders to anyone who posts their manga in online readers :)[/mod]
i will planning to read in start over ... but i lost all chapter in my file ...

any one have 1-254 chapter ?? if not well ..

i have hard to find buy manga book in my area..

i will planning to buy book in online ... or download 1-34 vol?? which is better ??

Last edited by a moderator:

nanahuatzin

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
mini Hilde has hinted that Belldandy jealousy can be one fo the most powerfull forces of nature...

Along the time Belldandy has begining to be a bit more posesive..

And k1 is now more secur of himself.

It is getting interesting.