- Joined
- Mar 15, 2013
- Messages
- 886
- Reaction score
- 336
- Age
- 31
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Marine Fleet Admiral Akainu
VS
Marine Admiral Kizaru
Battleground: Banaro Island
Last edited:

I agree that strength is also a factor for fleet admiral, but leadership even more. And I'm not saying that Rayleigh didn't keep Kizaru at bay, but if Kizaru had been more serious, like when he attacked Apoo, Hawkins, Urouge and Drake, it would have been a whole other matter:Kizaru was not even in the run for fleet admiral so I would go for akainu. Its not like strength is not a factor here considering the whole thing ended up being settled literally by a fight. Kizaru's only appears to have the stronger fruit however the whole thing in context does not really work that way. If "light speed" was in any way relevant or even a thing then kizaru would be stronger than the entire military might of the world combined. Yet that is not the case and even an old man like rayleigh could keep him at bay. I would think the whole fleet admiral situation implies kizaru was the least of the admirals otherwise he would have been on the run at least.
Hahahahahah I laughed way too hard at this, thank youHonestly, I don't think he wasn't nominated because he's inferior to his two partners. He's simply far too laid-back to be a Fleet Admiral. Hell, if he was anymore laid-back, he'd be horizontal...

Hahahahahah I laughed way too hard at this, thank you![]()

Why are you assuming kizaru wasn't completely serious against rayleigh though? You mention the stuff he supposedly didn't do against Rayleigh however how do you know Rayleigh simply was strong enough to deal with all of that which I would argue was the case? Kizaru can't simply blitz people with his speed because the fact of the matter is that people of actual power can deal with that. If the fruit worked in any way that made a shred of sense in a real world scenario then kizaru would literally be the only asset the world government would ever need. It would take kizaru fractions of a second to travel between islands and the grand line... There is no reason for us to think kizaru could have actually defeated Rayleigh with the stuff you mention, loosing is a perfectly plausible scenario (even if not necessarily the most probable one). Its true he could have killed the rookies at any point but once Rayleigh came into the equation things changed completely.I agree that strength is also a factor for fleet admiral, but leadership even more. And I'm not saying that Rayleigh didn't keep Kizaru at bay, but if Kizaru had been more serious, like when he attacked Apoo, Hawkins, Urouge and Drake, it would have been a whole other matter:
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
He only used his sword to attack Rayleigh, and stood upon Zoro's back for like a whole minute, just trolling and chilling out. If he had used his explosion kicks, light beams and speed-blitzing, I think that Rayleigh would have lost. He was able to keep Kizaru away from Luffy and the others, and that in itself is a feat worth mentioning, not to mention going toe-to-toe with an admiral. Kizaru has such AOE with his fruit, had he used light beams, Yasaka no magatama, or explosion kicks, Rayleigh and the SH's would have been done for. I'm not saying that the 4 supernovas mentioned before were as strong as Rayleigh at the time, I just find it to be a good example. Not to mention how playful and sarcastic he was being trough the entire war of the best.
It also feels like Kizaru doesn't really have the ambition to become fleet admiral, he seems content with his position as an admiral.
Btw, could everyone please vote in the poll? It's much easier to see the result that way ^^
Too laid back? He is kinda goofy but I would argue the price for being laid back goes to aokiji with a landslide victory. Kizaru is goofy but aokiji is the one actually preaching "lazy" justice. He took a firm stand against akainu but for the most part he has been shown to prefer the backstage and if at all possible take a completely passive role in things.Honestly, I don't think he wasn't nominated because he's inferior to his two partners. He's simply far too laid-back to be a Fleet Admiral. Hell, if he was anymore laid-back, he'd be horizontal...
As for the topic, I want to say Akainu would win, but just like the Law Vs Jinbi, I don't know how he would pull it off. So I'm really just gonna settle for a draw.
Yeah I agree that Rayleigh was indeed strong enough to handle Kizaru at that point, but there's really no point in speculating what could have happened, (goes for both you and me) But I do think that Kizaru would kill Akainu in a fair fight, let's say that the battleground is Banaro Island.Why are you assuming kizaru wasn't completely serious against rayleigh though? You mention the stuff he supposedly didn't do against Rayleigh however how do you know Rayleigh simply was strong enough to deal with all of that which I would argue was the case? Kizaru can't simply blitz people with his speed because the fact of the matter is that people of actual power can deal with that. If the fruit worked in any way that made a shred of sense in a real world scenario then kizaru would literally be the only asset the world government would ever need. It would take kizaru fractions of a second to travel between islands and the grand line... There is no reason for us to think kizaru could have actually defeated Rayleigh with the stuff you mention, loosing is a perfectly plausible scenario (even if not necessarily the most probable one). Its true he could have killed the rookies at any point but once Rayleigh came into the equation things changed completely.
---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------
Too laid back? He is kinda goofy but I would argue the price for being laid back goes to aokiji with a landslide victory. Kizaru is goofy but aokiji is the one actually preaching "lazy" justice. He took a firm stand against akainu but for the most part he has been shown to prefer the backstage and if at all possible take a completely passive role in things.
Aokiji hardly seemed like that in the war or movie Z. He's quickly to get serious when the situation calls for it. Kizaru has not shown the slightest bit of seriousness in his entire life. Even as a kid:Too laid back? He is kinda goofy but I would argue the price for being laid back goes to aokiji with a landslide victory. Kizaru is goofy but aokiji is the one actually preaching "lazy" justice. He took a firm stand against akainu but for the most part he has been shown to prefer the backstage and if at all possible take a completely passive role in things.
The first move was from Aokiji, jumping high up in the air and freezing the tsunamis WB made.Well, the first move in the entire war was from kizaru and he went straight for WB. He did not waste time in the least. Aokiji did have a bit more of a spotlight in the war because we saw him fight a couple of big shots (he went for WB and thanks to a moment of distraction defeated jozu) however I got the impression that kizaru himself was more consistently active in the front lines with other marines. We did saw bits and pieces of him attacking pirates, being attacked by the commander with the giant spiked ball and his attack on law and luffy was the last one before the war actually ended.
It's not about how much they fight, it's how seriously they take the situation. Aokiji was very serious in the War. Kizaru was so relaxed, he was melting.Well, the first move in the entire war was from kizaru and he went straight for WB. He did not waste time in the least. Aokiji did have a bit more of a spotlight in the war because we saw him fight a couple of big shots (he went for WB and thanks to a moment of distraction defeated jozu) however I got the impression that kizaru himself was more consistently active in the front lines with other marines. We did saw bits and pieces of him attacking pirates, being attacked by the commander with the giant spiked ball and his attack on law and luffy was the last one before the war actually ended.
No.Kizaru was not even in the run for fleet admiral so I would go for akainu. Its not like strenght is not a factor here considering the whole thing ended up being settled literally by a fight. Kizaru's only appears to have the stronger fruit however the whole thing in context does not really work that way.