Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I don’t think Su-won can spare him so easily, since it was not the first time Tea-Jun showed insubordination and was spared.
http://www.titaniascans.com/reader/Akatsuki+no+Yona/010:+Red+Hair/#page=24
.
I didn t exactly mean that there will be no severe consequences to his actions..I just wondered if Soo Won will sentence him to death or if Tae Jun will receive another (minor ) punishment.
Well, she is the MC. Its her story. Everything is gonna be about her. Believe me, a long time ago i was putting my hopes up for some minor characters to shine/take center stage but at the end of the day, they cant beat yona.
***
Which character did you mean? I am curious.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
In fact Yona thought that Hak was rude in the past, since he "teased" her.
So it did seem that she didn t perceive it as a mere joke...

I made different experiences, that s why I think that the teasing part is not necessary.

Though it is nice sometimes.
haha, that panel was probably for comic purposes. But you can see that she still didn't care much because at that point she was still into Soo-Won.

Though later we can actually see her getting flustered when Hak teases her, and this is because she is starting to like the guy. She even told Hak to stop teasing her many times, so he pretty much started behaving more civilized. So yeaaah.

But I still think guys love teasing girls they like. That cliche is real lol. Not everyone needs to like it though.

Update:

And here we go again... Same BS comments of how Yona's character is being written as always right, no consequences, no mistakes, luck... blah blah blah. Honestly, if you're this broken up about Yona's character, I'd love to see your take on Soo-won's character...oh wait I have and you're fine with him. Not just fine, you complement him on the fact that he gets whatever he wants(without having to lift a goddamn finger), makes no mistakes and always has a perfect plan for everything he's faced with(except Yona). But no, forget about the blatant Gary Stu/perfect character and how he gets his achievements and complain about how the main character, who literally puts her life on the line in everything she does, gets stuff done or finds another ways to solve a certain problem, other than through War.
Lol I missed your rants.

Luck aside, for Yona this arc it was either bring Xing and Kouka together or lose her dragons. So she has really done the best she could despite being heavily limited in resources that can help her. Also we find out even more this arc that she isn't interested in the throne and is interested more in humanity in general. She made use of her relationships well. This is not a Senin or Josei were the MC will struggle like anything, be on the brink of death etc. before she achieves something. This is a shoujo manga and one of the much better executed MCs of shoujo mangas that I have seen.

Though I don't think Soo-Won is a perfect character either, and this arc shows that more than ever. He has a big aversion to dragons, Hiryuu and Magic for...personal reasons for all we know...and this could be his undoing. This is very unlike someone as rational as Soo-Won and I am glad the author has shown us this side of him. He will really need to get over whatever thing he has against dragons and realize that the dragons have been helping him all along. Hopefully we will get that sort of resolution by the end of the manga.

Another Update:

For those of you complaining about Yona being jelous...some fans look forward to this stuff because some of us actually want Hak and Yona ship to sail...and it was obvious that they are going to have a talk...it is a romance fantasy after all.
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Though I don't think Soo-Won is a perfect character either, and this arc shows that more than ever. He has a big aversion to dragons, Hiryuu and Magic for...personal reasons for all we know...and this could be his undoing. This is very unlike someone as rational as Soo-Won and I am glad the author has shown us this side of him. He will really need to get over whatever thing he has against dragons and realize that the dragons have been helping him all along. Hopefully we will get that sort of resolution by the end of the manga.
I prefer the outcome that the dragon warrior´s service would end before the last chapter of AnY. Zeno and the other dragon warriors suffered too long under the influence of the bond. Their powers are a double-edged sword. Not just in Shin ha s case. As long as the dragon warriors exist, there will be either people after their powers or they fear them and wish to kill them therefore.

That is one reason why I hope that the future kings (and hopefully queens ) of Kouka don t need their heavenly powers anymore or to say it more precisely: That the human beings can solve their problems on their own without the interference of the gods.
Hence I think that Soo Won s politic ,where he prioritizes the human factor, is more a step in the right direction.

So you could say...I hope that Yona doesn t need their powers anymore at the end of the manga.
Another Update:

For those of you complaining about Yona being jelous...some fans look forward to this stuff because some of us actually want Hak and Yona ship to sail...and it was obvious that they are going to have a talk...it is a romance fantasy after all.
I don t mind the talk. It is about time. I was just glad that we were spared the typical jealousy, which occurs in nearly all the shojo mangas at least I have read.

Zeno.... Well, even hak(and he's an MC)
Oh. How I would have liked that!
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
And here we go again... Same BS comments of how Yona's character is being written as always right, no consequences, no mistakes, luck... blah blah blah. Honestly, if you're this broken up about Yona's character, I'd love to see your take on Soo-won's character...oh wait I have and you're fine with him. Not just fine, you complement him on the fact that he gets whatever he wants(without having to lift a goddamn finger), makes no mistakes and always has a perfect plan for everything he's faced with(except Yona). But no, forget about the blatant Gary Stu/perfect character and how he gets his achievements and complain about how the main character, who literally puts her life on the line in everything she does, gets stuff done or finds another ways to solve a certain problem, other than through War.
I know you will not stop complaining about Su-won no matter what and the fact that you still complain about Su-won’s perfectness after this arc confirms it. Seriously, in this arc Su-won believed that war is a solution to Xing problem and was proven to be wrong. What else do you want? Yona wanted to solve it peacefully and this is what happened so she was shown to be right. She was Miss Right in this arc, not Su-won.
Luck aside, for Yona this arc it was either bring Xing and Kouka together or lose her dragons. So she has really done the best she could despite being heavily limited in resources that can help her.
If Kusanagi wanted, she could have left her with one dragon, for example, Zeno so that he could advise her in making sound political moves and teach her. She could have used Hak to teach Yona something about politics as well. It was Kusangi decision to leave Yona in this situation. She might have decided differently.
This is not a Senin or Josei were the MC will struggle like anything, be on the brink of death etc. before she achieves something. This is a shoujo manga and one of the much better executed MCs of shoujo mangas that I have seen.
This would be a valid argument if I were comparing Yona’s development to a development of a josei heroine, but I am not. I am comparing how she developed in this arc vs. how it looked in previous arcs and pointed out why I think it was handled better in the previous arcs. How she first had to learn and put some effort in gaining a skill before enjoying a success.

I agree that she was one of the better executed shoujo heroines in the previous arcs, but in this arc no. There was nothing out of the shoujo standards.
For those of you complaining about Yona being jelous...some fans look forward to this stuff because some of us actually want Hak and Yona ship to sail...and it was obvious that they are going to have a talk...it is a romance fantasy after all.
To tell the truth I don’t know why anyone who likes Hak & Yona can be happy with Yona being jealous. It is an obvious hindrance on their way to be together and it is a trick used to slow down the romance. I am ok with a discussion between these two. It is just the jealousy cliché that I would like to avoid.
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I prefer the outcome that the dragon warrior´s service would end before the last chapter of AnY. Zeno and the other dragon warriors suffered too long under the influence of the bond. Their powers are a double-edged sword. Not just in Shin ha s case. As long as the dragon warriors exist, there will be either people after their powers or they fear them and wish to kill them therefore.

That is one reason why I hope that the future kings (and hopefully queens ) of Kouka don t need their heavenly powers anymore or to say it more precisely: That the human beings can solve their problems on their own without the interference of the gods.
Hence I think that Soo Won s politic ,where he prioritizes the human factor, is more a step in the right direction.

So you could say...I hope that Yona doesn t need their powers anymore at the end of the manga.
Another Update:

I don t mind the talk. It is about time. I was just glad that we were spared the typical jealousy, which occurs in nearly all the shoujo mangas at least I have read.
I don't get why people on this forum are so against God? It depends on belief at the end of the day. For example, I am agnostic but I believe in a divine power that connects us all together and has a very high level governance upon humankind. If you think of it - the world itself is a miracle. Earth is positioned at the exact distance from the sun that makes it possible to breed life. Everything is a miracle, so is human life. So why should we be so against "divinity" or the unexplained?

No - I don't think it's about Yona not needing her powers anymore. I think its about BOTH sides, Soo-Won and Yona accepting each other's points of view. And Soo-Won loosening up about his stringent standards and bias against God. After all, faith is what keeps humanity moving. Especially in an Asian society, where the manga is set, and spirituality and divinity is widespread. This manga should show that God and Mankind can Co-Exist peacefully, not one overpowering the other (as the priests were doing before).

Update: We can already see a whole lot of Kouka doing rituals on Hiryuu - the more religious ones. The more you surpress religion the more people will act out. After all, not everyone is rational like Soo-Won. Don't you think as a ruler Soo-Won should care for his people's sentiments? Or is only strengthening Kouka important?

Another Update: Sure, the dragon's curse should go away, but the priests and humans should live peacefully together at the very least.

To tell the truth I don’t know why anyone who likes Hak & Yona can be happy with Yona being jealous. It is an obvious hindrance on their way to be together and it is a trick used to slow down the romance. I am ok with a discussion between these two. It is just the jealousy cliché that I would like to avoid.
So what if it is typical or cliche? People who enjoy shoujo romance like stuff like this. We want cute moments like this between our favourite ship.

Because you know...stuff like jelousy actually exists. Love isn't all about just a discussion and over with like some maths quiz.
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I don't get why people on this forum are so against God?
It is not about disliking gods, it is about how Yona's development was handled in this arc and how it seemed that her being reincarnation of a God and the Chosen One basically solves problems for her.

I hear you, and feel the same of lucky pot for the main character. Tbh, I don't mind if Yona accomplished things because of luck.
However, I don't like the way the writer delivered her to be the most SPECIAL than anyone and this would make me drop this manga.
All I see is their teamwork makes good things happen, not Yona alone.
Although I like Yona because she's brave, and good heart, I don't see the difference between Yona, Lily and Tao. All of them put their best effort to resolve problems and help their countries.
Only one thing I give Yona the best score is her point of view about Suwon.
I see. I dislike Yona being successful due to luck, because in the first arcs it seemed that it will not be the case and she will need to put effort to gain some abilities and will succeed as a result of gaining them.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I don't get why people on this forum are so against God? It depends on belief at the end of the day. For example, I am agnostic but I believe in a divine power that connects us all together and has a very high level governance upon humankind. If you think of it - the world itself is a miracle. Earth is positioned at the exact distance from the sun that makes it possible to breed life. Everything is a miracle, so is human life. So why should we be so against "divinity" or the unexplained?
I am a religious person myself. So I am not against God/Gods or the concept of religion. And I did never say that.

No - I don't think it's about Yona not needing her powers anymore.
I think that will be the case. Kusanagi demonstrated quite often that the powers of the dragon warriors are a problem and the following is important:
King Hiryuu couldn t solve the problems of the people with the dragon powers alone. Even the bond in itself is dubious and questionable..Jeaha questioned it along with the mangaka herself.

I think its about BOTH sides, Soo-Won and Yona accepting each other's points of view.
I agree Soo Won also has some lessons to learn. He is based on his upbringing to prone to use violent means.

And Soo-Won loosening up about his stringent standards and bias against God. After all, faith is what keeps humanity moving. Especially in an Asian society, where the manga is set, and spirituality and divinity is widespread. This manga should show that God and Mankind can Co-Exist peacefully, not one overpowering the other (as the priests were doing before)
.

And here we disagree. Even under King Hiryuu there were wars.
The priests (along with Zeno) participated in politics and most likely wars.
Then...there were a bunch of problems in Kouka under the rule of the religious King Il.

Even the hands of the people outstretched to Zeno ....I deem this scene rather creepy.
Where is the peaceful coexistence of the religion (who meddled in politics) and the state?

All I say is...that Soo Won s political core...seems to be necessary. Why just wait until a god solves the problem, why not let the human beings be responsible for their own luck? Why not more cooperation between the different tribes?
That sounds far more practical than hoping for the help of a wavering god.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
It is not about disliking gods, it is about how Yona's development was handled in this arc and how it seemed that her being reincarnation of a God and the Chosen One basically solves problems for her.
The discussion in this case is about the existence of divinity within Kouka and if it is required, not about Yona\s characterization.

I am a religious person myself. So I am not against God/Gods or the concept of religion. And I did never say that.
Sorry but that is how it came across, but I guess I am clear on that now.

I think that will be the case. Kusanagi demonstrated quite often that the powers of the dragon warriors are a problem and the following is important:
King Hiryuu couldn t solve the problems of the people with the dragon powers alone. Even the bond in itself is dubious and questionable..Jeaha questioned it along with the mangaka herself.
I did mention that I think the curse should go away and I think it will by the end of the manga.

I agree Soo Won also has some lessons to learn. He is based on his upbringing to prone to use violent means.
Rather than violence it is just what is the most convenient way.

And here we disagree. Even under King Hiryuu there were wars.
The priests (along with Zeno) participated in politics and most likely wars.
Then...there were a bunch of problems in Kouka under the rule of the religious King Il.

Even the hands of the people outstretched to Zeno ....I deem this scene rather creepy.
Where is the peaceful coexistence of the religion (who meddled in politics) and the state?

All I say is...that Soo Won s political core...seems to be necessary. Why just wait until a god solves the problem, why not let the human beings be responsible for their own luck? Why not more cooperation between the different tribes?
That sounds far more practical than hoping for the help of a wavering god.
I am not saying rely only on god. I am saying their can be a coexistence. Let me ask you something...did Iksu seem like a bad person to you? Yet Yu-Hon killed and massacred a lot of people like Ik-Su some of them who might have even been good people, who actually cared for Kouka more than their own power.

Sure, let the people take responsibility...but you can never take the faith out of people either. That's why people have already started religious ceremonies on Hiryuu. Soo-Won needs to find a balance instead of vehemently denying the existence of gods (bordering on denial sometimes), and also not realizing the place of God within the people of Kouka's hearts.

I think Divine powers and human beings can work together. Which has already been happening since Yona and Soo-Won have been working together without even knowing it. Which is my whole point.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Update: We can already see a whole lot of Kouka doing rituals on Hiryuu - the more religious ones. The more you surpress religion the more people will act out. After all, not everyone is rational like Soo-Won. Don't you think as a ruler Soo-Won should care for his people's sentiments? Or is only strengthening Kouka important?
Su-won has not been shown to persecute religious people. He is just shown as someone who does not want religion to get involved and mess with politics. I agree with SamuelDean here.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Su-won has not been shown to persecute religious people. He is just shown as someone who does not want religion to get involved and mess with politics. I agree with SamuelDean here.
Soo-Won seems like someone who does not wish for divinity to exist at all and I think there are personal reasons behind it. Also for someone who is so against divine powers, he has sure gotten a lot of help from these powers, indirectly - but we have had this discussion before many times.

If the author wanted to go for a - no divine interference at all route - why would she constantly make Soo-Won's and Yona's paths cross? It is obviously to reach a somewhat resolution by the end of the manga.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Soo-Won seems like someone who does not wish for divinity to exist at all and I think there are personal reasons behind it. Also for someone who is so against divine powers, he has sure gotten a lot of help from these powers, indirectly - but we have had this discussion before many times.
I don't think that Su-won would oppress anyone because of religion. Hak himself believes that Su-won would not do anything like it.
http://mangafox.me/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v24/c139/9.html
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
The discussion in this case is about the existence of divinity within Kouka and if it is required, not about Yona\s characterization.
It is not about the existence of divinity...Religion is practised in Kouka. You said there was a peaceful coexistence...but there was no peaceful coexistence so far, because the priest meddled in the politics of Kouka.

I did mention that I think the curse should go away and I think it will by the end of the manga.
But if the bond vanishes, so will Yona s "powers." Yona is a human being after all and doesn t seem to have any special powers and that is what I mean.


Rather than violence it is just what is the most convenient way.
I think using effective means is prudent and necessary for any kind of ruler. I just criticize him, that he could maybe apply less violent means.


I am not saying rely only on god. I am saying their can be a coexistence.
Soo Won didn t forbid religion. He is just against the political influence of the religious heads. There was even a priest present at his coronation.

Let me ask you something...did Iksu seem like a bad person to you?
I don t know Ik soo that well. He doesn t seem to be a bad person, but it is still questionable. But even if he should be a "good person", I am not sure if I would trust his political decisions.

Yet Yu-Hon killed and massacred a lot of people like Ik-Su some of them who might have even been good people, who actually cared for Kouka more than their own power.
I don t understand, the context here, with the discussion...

Sure, let the people take responsibility...but you can never take the faith out of people either.
Yu hon/ (or rather what I believe King Junam) has just achieved a separation between state and religion, they didn t kill the priests, nor was/is religion forbidden. During this 150 chapters, there was no event where Soo Won persecuted someone for his religious belief.

That's why people have already started religious ceremonies on Hiryuu. Soo-Won needs to find a balance instead of vehemently denying the existence of gods (bordering on denial sometimes), and also not realizing the place of God within the people of Kouka's hearts.
Soo Won doesn t deny anybody his belief in God, but he bases his decisions not on the will of the gods and yes I think that is a wise decision. People can be religious, but still be capable and act responsible. Soo Won tried to strengthen not only the borders, but also the people (and above else the heads of the tribes) and it seems that these measures were necessary for Kouka.

I think Divine powers and human beings can work together. Which has already been happening since Yona and Soo-Won have been working together without even knowing it. Which is my whole point.
Soo Won cooperated with Yona and I hope we can see more such events in the future...but I disagree about the role of the Gods.
People should learn how to rely on their own strength.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I don't think that Su-won would oppress anyone because of religion. Hak himself believes that Su-won would not do anything like it.
http://mangafox.me/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v24/c139/9.html
I am not saying he will surpress anyone's believes or oppress them. I am just saying that is very clearly against the whole idea of divinity in general. In this sense he is rational to a fault and not everyone will agree with them and there might eventually by an uprising because of it.

It is not about the existence of divinity...Religion is practised in Kouka. You said there was a peaceful coexistence...but there was no peaceful coexistence so far, because the priest meddled in the politics of Kouka.


But if the bond vanishes, so will Yona s "powers." Yona is a human being after all and doesn t seem to have any special powers and that is what I mean.


Soo Won didn't forbid religion. He is just against the political influence of the religious heads. There was even a priest present at his coronation.
Actually that isn't a priest. If you look at previous panels you will see Mundok saying that there is no priest to coronate him.

Update: here it is: http://www.titaniascans.com/reader/Akatsuki+no+Yona/011:+The+Crowning+of+A+New+King/#page=16

There was no peace because they didn't work together and there was always one upmanship. If they work together like Yona and Soo-Won are doing now, then it will only benefit the country.

I don t know Ik soo that well. He doesn t seem to be a bad person, but it is still questionable. But even if he should be a "good person", I am not sure if I would trust his political decisions.

Yu hon/ (or rather what I believe King Junam) has just achieved a separation between state and religion, they didn t kill the priests, nor was/is religion forbidden. During this 150 chapters, there was no event where Soo Won persecuted someone for his religious belief.


Soo Won doesn t deny anybody his belief in God, but he bases his decisions not on the will of the gods and yes I think that is a wise decision. People can be religious, but still be capable and act responsible. Soo Won tried to strengthen not only the borders, but also the people (and above else the heads of the tribes) and it seems that these measures were necessary for Kouka.
I will take an example of ancient times. By ancient times here I will take an example of India - a country in the east. The Prime Ministers of those ancient times were often saints or sages who were dispassionate and gave advice based on the principles of the ultimate "truth". These guys were enlightened masters who adviced the rulers and kings from a very spiritual perspective to keep things balanced in the country and to rule the country wisely. They were never after power. For thousands of years, India was ruled in a somewhat peaceful state through these principals. Then they drove all these guys away and let invaders come in for greed and power.

Right now, it is a mess, and there was a period in between that was also a mess full of wars - but what I am trying to say is that religion - actually more than religion, spirituality, mixing in with politics is not always a bad thing if done right. Priests/sages can actual be advisors to the state - with the ultimate decision lying with the King. This could benefit the whole country.


Soo Won cooperated with Yona and I hope we can see more such events in the future...but I disagree about the role of the Gods.
People should learn how to rely on their own strength.
The question is...what gives people strength? Doesn't god also give people strength?
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I will take an example of ancient times. By ancient times here I will take an example of India - a country in the east. The Prime Ministers of those ancient times were often saints or sages who were dispassionate and gave advice based on the principles of the ultimate "truth". These guys were enlightened masters who adviced the rulers and kings from a very spiritual perspective to keep things balanced in the country and to rule the country wisely. They were never after power.
This is not the case in this manga. We were told that the priests in Kouka were meddling in the politics and now we have Gobi, who tried to kill Kouren and take over the power .

I think it is possible to rule a country wisely without religion. In fact what I think is need is wisdom, not religion. The priests might have done a good job, because they were wise, not because they were religious. The same goes to a person who is not religious. He or she might be able to do it because of wisdom.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
This is not the case in this manga. We were told that the priests in Kouka were meddling in the politics and now we have Gobi, who tried to kill Kouren and take over the power .
But on the other hand we have Yona - and her divine dragons and Soo-Won working together to benefit Kouka don't we? We had Ik-Su who didn't seem so bad. So why can't there be an equilibrium? It's not totally impossible.

Update:
I think it is possible to rule a country wisely without religion. In fact what I think is need is wisdom, not religion. The priests might have done a good job, because they were wise, not because they were religious. The same goes to a person who is not religious. He or she might be able to do it because of wisdom.
If we were talking about a utopia without religion, then I would agree. But religion exists and so do the sentiments of people.

They were not religious per say, but spiritual. But even spirituality stems from the principals taught in all religious books. Actually if you go to see, most religions say very similar things, it is the interpretation that is the problem and causes war.

Ruling a country without faith and only rationality is very plausible, yes. But where is the soul in that? What is humanity without soul? What exactly does it mean to be "wise". What is wise for one person might not be wise for another. So many modern day countries have no soul.

Kouka might be fortified, but what about the soul of Kouka. What about the faith of the people? Is it just enough for the people to be alive?

Anyway these are just my two bits...
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I am not saying he will surpress anyone's believes or oppress them. I am just saying that is very clearly against the whole idea of divinity in general. In this sense he is rational to a fault and not everyone will agree with them and there might eventually by an uprising because of it.
In the years during King Junam s rule there doesn t seem to be an uprising, because the priests were thrown out of the castle, since the existence of the religion(s) didn t change.

Actually that isn't a priest. If you look at previous panels you will see Mundok saying that there is no priest to coronate him.
No Mundoek does say that there is currently no priest inside Hiryuu castle (since Yu hon cast them out).

There was no peace because they didn't work together and there was always one upmanship. If they work together like Yona and Soo-Won are doing now, then it will only benefit the country.
Or everyone could stay in his realm...The religious heads do care for the religious or humane problems, but the king is the one to decide the politics of the country (more or less like it is now.) Though it would be good, if Yona could participate. I am not against Yona s interference as a person.


I will take an example of ancient times. By ancient times here I will take an example of India - a country in the east. The Prime Ministers of those ancient times were often saints or sages who were dispassionate and gave advice based on the principles of the ultimate "truth". These guys were enlightened masters who adviced the rulers and kings from a very spiritual perspective to keep things balanced in the country and to rule the country wisely. They were never after power. For thousands of years, India was ruled in a somewhat peaceful state through these principals. Then they drove all these guys away and let invaders come in for greed and power.
Another example is the pope, who clearly meddled in the politics of some countries in the past. Yes, I think it can be done, but it is not necessary, and in this case maybe more harmful, since the people tend to rely too strongly on the heavenly guidance (at least in that manga), instead of thinking about ways how to fight the problems on their own.

Right now, it is a mess, and there was a period in between that was also a mess full of wars - but what I am trying to say is that religion - actually more than religion, spirituality, mixing in with politics is not always a bad thing if done right. Priests/sages can actual be advisors to the state - with the ultimate decision lying with the King. And a king like Soo-Won who is not easily swayed. This could benefit the whole country.
I think that the bases of the country, their civil rights ect...can mirror the religious belief, but I prefer a clear separation between religion and state.

The question is...what gives people strength? Doesn't god also give people strength?
Surely. But religion doesn t seem to be forbidden. Just the interference of religion into politics.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
In the years during King Junam s rule there doesn t seem to be an uprising, because the priests were thrown out of the castle, since the existence of the religion(s) didn t change.
There was an uprising...the whole firetribe rebelled on the basis of religion (hiryuu). Firetribe head had other plans ofc, but the people believed they are true descendants of Hiryuu. Maybe if their religious sentiments were taken care of, that wouldn't have happened, who knows.

Or everyone could stay in his realm...The religious heads do care for the religious or humane problems, but the king is the one to decide the politics of the country (more or less like it is now.) Though it would be good, if Yona could participate. I am not against Yona s interference as a person.
I am not really speaking about Yona, but just about having religious people be part of the advisory of Kouka. But, only those who aren't after power like Ik-Su. A king like Soo-Won who is a good judge of character should be able to fish them out.

Update:

Come to think of it even Zeno was a divine power who was an advisor for years, and he was also a priest before.

Another example is the pope, who clearly meddled in the politics of some countries in the past. Yes, I think it can be done, but it is not necessary, and in this case maybe more harmful, since the people tend to rely too strongly on the heavenly guidance (at least in that manga), instead of thinking about ways how to fight the problems on their own.

I think that the bases of the country, their civil rights ect...can mirror the religious belief, but I prefer a clear separation between religion and state.

Surely. But religion doesn t seem to be forbidden. Just the interference of religion into politics.
I don't agree here. Most modern day countries are a mess and corrupt. They could do with some "wisdom" of the sages and spiritual masters.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
There was an uprising...the whole firetribe rebelled on the basis of religion (hiryuu). Firetribe head had other plans ofc, but the people believed they are true descendants of Hiryuu. Maybe if their religious sentiments were taken care of, that wouldn't have happened, who knows.
To say that it was a religious uprising. No, just no. First of all, it took place many years after King Junam's rule. Secondly. in the first place it took place, because Su-Jin believed that the throne should be his, because he believed that he is Hiryuu's descendent. It was something that Su-Jin was planning for years. It was not an uprising of the people who felt bad that priests where thrown away from the castle.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
To say that it was a religious uprising. No, just no. First of all, it took place many years after King Junam's rule. Secondly. in the first place it took place, because Su-Jin believed that the throne should be his, because he believed that he is Hiryuu's descendent. It was something that Su-Jin was planning for years. It was not an uprising of the people who felt bad that priests where thrown away from the castle.
Are you going to deny that the people of the firetribe believe they are Hiryuu's descendants, which is a religious matter, hence a rebellion based on religion. Su-Jin manipulated the people into believing he is Hiryuu's descendant and gathered support which is once again a religious matter.

I did not say it was because priests were thrown out, but if religious sentiments were acknowledged, maybe the people wouldn't have felt the need to fight for the rights of their descendants. For example, if there could have been a yearly festival in the firetribe, honoring Hiryuu, with all the tribes participating in this - conducted by priests - maybe the firetribe people wouldn't feel the need to be represented at all and start a fight.

Even now the people are worshipping Yona...they clearly believe in Hiryuu still. What is Soo-Won going to do about that? Just deny it all together?
 
Top