Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Thanks Aylinn, so it's a long wait for the next chapter, sigh!! I hope the chapter is worth the wait, since the contents of the chapters are becoming less and less :(

About Suwon still being the King by the end of the manga, I'm not very positive about the idea, I do agree that he's the right person in the right place, no question about that, but unfortunately it's about the story set up rather than capabilities issue here, since it will make Yona somewhat irrelevant, you know Hiryu and all that Jazz. As Aniela said if he only manages to stay alive I'll consider it a happy ending for him.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I want Su-won to be the King, because I don’t see how this manga can have a decent ending otherwise.

As Aniela wrote, killing Su-won off while he is heroically protecting Yona and/or Hak is cliché. It is so cliché that it would leave a bad taste in my mouth and if Kusanagi ruins Su-won’s story by doing something like this, I will most likely try to forget that I have ever read this manga.

As for Yona becoming a good ruler, at this point I don’t see it happening. I don’t see how it may look good unless this manga has twice as many chapters and Yona becomes interested in ruling and starts learning stuff in the next few chapters.

If this manga is not going to last much longer than showing her as good ruler despite her lack of knowledge will be pretty much turning her into a Mary Sue, thus a terrible writing.

Doing a time skip and showing Yona as a good ruler after it will not be a good idea too. It will mean that Kusanagi realized belatedly that she doesn’t have time to show Yona’s development, which as she is the main character, should be shown, and basically said her readers: ‘Sorry guys, I have no idea how to show Yona’s development/I don’t have time to show Yona’s development, so I hope you will accept me wriggling out of showing it and you will be happy with seeing nothing\next to nothing.’

Time skip is not a bad method of showing something, but not a good method when you are using it to skip something that should be in the story.

A time skip would not be bad in showing how supporting characters like Su-won has changed. Like, for example, showing how he is starting to leave his suicidal mood and hinting that he may find happiness in the final chapter and then showing in the chapter(s) after the time skip that he is happy. Something like this would be acceptable, since Su-won is not the main character and it was never a story about his getting out of depressive\suicidal thoughts.

However, it is a story about Yona and her development is important so leaving out a good portion of the main character’s development in this case would be a lousy writing.

Another option is to show Yona struggle as a ruler who knows nothing about politics, etc., something akin to what was done in the Twelve Kingdoms, but this seems unlikely as well, as it would also made this manga much longer.

Besides, I think Su-won has a chance staying in the throne, since Yona is ok with him being on the throne and she is not interested in ruling.
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I think Soo-Won will be the king at the end of the manga because:

1) Author purposely made his character likeable as a good king. If I was a writer I wouldn't bother making my character this likeable only to kill him off in the end. Unless this was a snape/itachi situation I don't see him dying.
2) Yona and forgiveness - like Aylinn said - Yona seems to be coming to terms with Soo-Won as king. I don't see why the MC would need to come to terms with that unless Soo-Won remains King.
3) Yona has no interest in being Queen. In fact, she doesn't only want to side with Kouka but with all of humanity (feeling bad for the citizens of Kai, working together with Xing). Being Queen means you absolutely need to be biased to your own country. I feel people don't understand Yona's character enough if they think she will be Queen at the end.
4) The prophecy and this is the biggest giveway. The dragons will protect the "king" and then the red dragon will restore the dawn once again. Red dragon is Yona and I 100% feel she and dragons and going to protect Soo-Won at some point.

After the protection what I think will happen is Hak, Soo-Won and Yona will have a somewhat reconciliation (but it will never be like it was before) and part ways. Hak and Yona will be together, helping from the shadows, she will be an urban legend amongst the commoners of Kouka - maybe she will renounce her rights to the throne, but the commoners will still try and lookout for the "wandering warrior princess". So she will not be irrelevant at all but a legend. Dragons will also part ways because I feel they will be the last of this line of people with powers - I hope they settle down - I hope Zeno also rests in peace. Soo-Won will still rule Kouka until his last days with Lili by his side.

If there is a timeskip I would like to see the above happen - dragons have parted ways but they all get together with Yona, Hak and Yoon for a reunion. At this point Hak and Yona have a child and so do Soo-Won and Lili. I would like a cute ending of their kids meeting in the woods or something. Maybe the royal barge is enroute to somewhere, and Yona and Co are having a reunion at the same place in the woods. It would be a nice way for the kids to take away any remaining hatred and look forward for the next generation.
 

ShiKou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
14
Country
Philippines
Yona x Hak happens to be the most boring pair in the manga, and there's no chapter as dull as a chapter full of the so called Yona x Hak moments, like really :D
as for Suwon , I'm not sure we'll ever see him fall in love with any girl given how he is, :noworry It would be nice to see it happen though.
about Suwon being happy at the end of the manga, I wish for it, but the odds are he'll die, or get killed, or at least he won't be happy, since Yona has to make her way to the throne for her to succeed as the Main Character.
hmmm as for Kouren, she'll become good friends with Suwon, yup yup , I'd like to think of them as more than friends but I guess Lily is a massive contender too lol !!

btw, the next chapter is coming next week??
yes totally agree with you about HakxYona's romance is just too typical for my taste.. not really my cup of tea.. well maybe because it's pretty obvious that they're the end game that's why I'm not really expecting something from them.. what I want to see from them is their interactions with SW and it's really pretty interesting to see them together again (the 3 of them) and how will they manage to control their feelings esp. Hak towards SW .. well Yona's a bit calmer now when facing SW unlike b4.. but I want at least to mend their broken friendship b4 this manga ends.. but not in a way that someone will die thou.. nonono I don't really like that idea.. it's so cliche (well it mostly happens in some anime/manga) hope the mangaka will not end up taking that route //sigh//

I think that Yona doesn't have an eye for the throne (atleast that's what it looks).. and if her being a queen? well that's too much responsibilities for a 16 year old girl so I say NO, a girl that who lacks knowledge about politics.. that's totally mental torture! ..her solely role is that she's the red dragon and that's the thing that she's capable of esp. dealing minor problems or helping behind the scenes.. I want her just to be like that but I also want her to explore more things that she doesn''t know yet.. like learning political stuff or other things that can nurture her and for the country as well..

on the other hand, about Kouren and SW to become a good friends? hmm? not a bad idea (hopefully soon thou) ughh! can't really wait to see Kouren's reaction towards SW! ☺ but Lily is really the closest match for SW ..they're so opposites.. and opposites do attract LOL! it feels like SW need someone like Lily in his life! :) ohw well, all we can do is to wait and see what will happen! :/
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
It’s so boring without a chapter, really!!!!!! We need a new chapter with new stuff to talk about!!!!!! :bored

@ShiKou & @Mini_kinkin
I know that Yona didn’t seriously think about becoming the queen or ruling so far, but I imagine at some point she’ll disagree with Suwon about his methods and ideals and as a result she’ll fight it out with Suwon for the throne, Suwon is thinking of what is best for his country while Yona wants everyone to be happy so they’re going to clash soon enough and this arc is the start of it, at least this is what I believe is going to happen. But I also like Kinkin’s thoughts of the future events and if turned out to be something like that I’ll have no complains I think. I think I read too much tragedies lol.

@ShiKou
since you're a Ceil fan, why don't you visit Kuroshitsuji's thread? It's so painfully neglected, I posted something in there but I was practically talking to myself lol :D
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Hehe! Actually because they have really opposite personalities - I feel they will work well together..
In real life, I would disagree, but it is such a common trope in manga to put two characters with opposing traits together.

But, if he decided that it was a good idea without knowing the situation and properly investigating it, then how would he know that war is the best option? It would be terrible planning and it is often a recipe for a failure. It doesn’t look good, since he was shown investigating the situation and planning in previous arcs.

However, never mind, I just recalled that Min-soo said that Su-won knows about Kouren’s hatred and that she wants war, so maybe he does have another source of information other than Ogi?.
I remember Ogi sending his information along with Yona and Hak s message.

Well, there is not enough information on Yu-hon to judge, but what we have seen so far seems contradictory to me. On one hand in this Xing arc it appears he was not a master of self-control, but on the other hand in Su-won’s memories he took the news that he is not going to be the King very calmly. It, of course, could be that he pretended in front of his son that it is nothing, but this must have been a great disappointment, so even pretending should take a good amount of self-control.

However, it is also a scene that takes place few years later, so it is also possible he changed in the meantime.
True. I highly doubt that Yu hon was just a psychopath, since Geuntae (along with a few others) considered him a true leader and very intelligent. That doesn t quite fit well, with a headless commander wishing to kill for fun.

Yea I think this is a good estimate. Early 200s is my guess as well.

This is a pretty good explanation, well with what we know. That reminds me, it's been a while since we saw Ik-Soo. Perhaps he knows.

On Hiryuu's reincarnation - I think both Yona and Soo-Won are. The dragons are affected by Soo-Won, and Zeno was taken aback when he first met him (looks like Hiryuu sans the red hair).
True. Zeno s reaction...or even more Kija s reaction was at least a hint, that Soo Won doesn t seem to be just a mere human being. Kija was not able to hurt Soo Won, even though he wished to kill him.
If he had no connection with Hiryuu/prophecy/dragon warriors, I wonder why Kija was not able to hurt him?

About Zeno's initial reaction to Soo-won. I see this used a lot in 'Soo-won is supernatural/divine like Yona' related theories. When Zeno first ran into him and had that shocked expression, I thought it was just because he recognized his face. It's been established Zeno was a creepy stalker quiet observer of the other 3 dragons and Yona -and by extension Hak and Soo-won when they were younger. He was there too when Yona and Hak were forced to escape the castle, so he must have known about Soo-won's betrayal. Thus it would make sense he gets a shocked expression when he ran into him, right? I didn't see anything more to it, but maybe some of you are seeing something I'm not.

As for the other dragons' regard toward him:
Jae-ha was chill and I think he liked him and respected his planning and leadership skills. I didn't see anything supernatural about this. He did save Soo-won from getting wrecked by Hak though, but that was before he knew who he was and only knew him as Lily's bodyguard who helped them. So if there was any supernatural imperative to protect Soo-won (maybe the 'King' in the prophesy?) it's way more subtle than with Yona.
Kija wanted to enact justice for Soo-won's betrayal of Yona and Hak, but found he couldn't do any harm to him after interacting a little more with him. Was it supernatural instinct, or simply human instinct to not harm someone with an amiable character like Soo-won? I don't know. He also thought he was like Yona in some respect. Again that could have been the supernatural part of Yona or it could simply have been the leadership or caring-of-people qualities they share.
Shin-ah also got rather positive feelings from him. He didn't think Soo-won was a threat.

As said before, if there's anything supernatural going on with the dragons and Soo-won, it's way more subtle. If even there.
Then why did Zeno ask Soo Won, if he wished for the dragon warriors?
The question is irrelevant, if Soo Won is a normal human being, not associated with the prophecy/Hiryuu/dragon warriors.
So it was likely not just Zeno recognizing Soo Won during the water tribe arc. Zeno must have at least considered the possibility.

Also why was Soo Won compared to Yona. There are a few events, where the mangaka loves to set up Yona and Soo Won in the same situations...

Subtle hints...but Soo Won must have some sort of connection to the dragon warriors, King Hiryuu and/or the prophecy.
 
Last edited:

Kikolinsky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Age
32
Country
Austria
Hey guys! I'm new here, but I've been following the discussion since the mangafox forum closed down. :hi But now I've decided to finally join the discussion (Maybe we can get our own subforum if we're able to keep this topic active).

I think Soo-Won will be the king at the end of the manga because:

1) Author purposely made his character likeable as a good king. If I was a writer I wouldn't bother making my character this likeable only to kill him off in the end. Unless this was a snape/itachi situation I don't see him dying.
2) Yona and forgiveness - like Aylinn said - Yona seems to be coming to terms with Soo-Won as king. I don't see why the MC would need to come to terms with that unless Soo-Won remains King.
3) Yona has no interest in being Queen. In fact, she doesn't only want to side with Kouka but with all of humanity (feeling bad for the citizens of Kai, working together with Xing). Being Queen means you absolutely need to be biased to your own country. I feel people don't understand Yona's character enough if they think she will be Queen at the end.
4) The prophecy and this is the biggest giveway. The dragons will protect the "king" and then the red dragon will restore the dawn once again. Red dragon is Yona and I 100% feel she and dragons and going to protect Soo-Won at some point.

After the protection what I think will happen is Hak, Soo-Won and Yona will have a somewhat reconciliation (but it will never be like it was before) and part ways. Hak and Yona will be together, helping from the shadows, she will be an urban legend amongst the commoners of Kouka - maybe she will renounce her rights to the throne, but the commoners will still try and lookout for the "wandering warrior princess". So she will not be irrelevant at all but a legend. Dragons will also part ways because I feel they will be the last of this line of people with powers - I hope they settle down - I hope Zeno also rests in peace. Soo-Won will still rule Kouka until his last days with Lili by his side.

If there is a timeskip I would like to see the above happen - dragons have parted ways but they all get together with Yona, Hak and Yoon for a reunion. At this point Hak and Yona have a child and so do Soo-Won and Lili. I would like a cute ending of their kids meeting in the woods or something. Maybe the royal barge is enroute to somewhere, and Yona and Co are having a reunion at the same place in the woods. It would be a nice way for the kids to take away any remaining hatred and look forward for the next generation.
I love your ending theory! It's really well thought out. Also, I do think that everyone deserves a happy ending. From what I've heard, the author doesn't like tragedy endings, so I think there's a possibility that she won't kill anyone from the main characters off. Besides, I'm also a huge Soo-Won x Lili shipper. :luv I really hope they become canon one day, even though it's hard to predict Kusanagi-sensei's intentions (at least when it comes to Soo-Won and Lili)... :?bunny

I know that Yona didn’t seriously think about becoming the queen or ruling so far, but I imagine at some point she’ll disagree with Suwon about his methods and ideals and as a result she’ll fight it out with Suwon for the throne, Suwon is thinking of what is best for his country while Yona wants everyone to be happy so they’re going to clash soon enough and this arc is the start of it, at least this is what I believe is going to happen. But I also like Kinkin’s thoughts of the future events and if turned out to be something like that I’ll have no complains I think. I think I read too much tragedies lol.
Yona does seem to acknowledge Soo-Won as a King and also the best option for Kouka's throne. I don't think she'll start a fight with Soo-Won to get her throne back, even though I'm not a huge fan of Yona (sorry!). I believe that she'll start to gain more followers. For example: Lili spread the information about Yona's true identity and all the efforts she made to help the Water Tribe to get rid of the Nadai. Then there's the Fire Tribe. After this arc is over, most of the Fire Tribe citizens will recognice who Yona really is (after the beacon was lit). And as they are great worshippers of King Hiryuu, that'll mean even more followers for her. I'm not talking about the Wind Tribe here, because it's clear that they'll always remain loyal to Yona and Hak. I mean, they're even willing to disobey their King for this purpose. The only Tribe that's left is the Earth Tribe. And with Captain Gigan and her pirate crew, she also has her supporters here.

True. Zeno s reaction...or even more Kija s reaction was at least a hint, that Soo Won doesn t seem to be just a mere human being. Kija was not able to hurt Soo Won, even though he wished to kill him.
If he had no connection with Hiryuu/prophecy/dragon warriors, I wonder why Kija was not able to hurt him?
I also wonder about that...

Then why did Zeno ask Soo Won, if he wished for the dragon warriors?
The question is irrelevant, if Soo Won is a normal human being, not associated with the prophecy/Hiryuu/dragon warriors.
So it was likely not just Zeno recognizing Soo Won during the water tribe arc. Zeno must have at least considered the possibility.

Also why was Soo Won compared to Yona. There are a few events, where the mangaka loves to set up Yona and Soo Won in the same situations...

Subtle hints...but Soo Won must have some sort of connection to the dragon warriors, King Hiryuu and/or the prophecy.
Yes, Zeno's reaction really is odd. I've seen several theories about a possible explanation for Zeno's reaction. The most common would be the split soul theory, but I don't know if it's even possible given Yona and Soo-Won's age gap. Another theroy is the Ouryuu theory, meanig that the Yellow Dragon descended from Heaven and took on a human form as Soo-Won (similar to what King Hiryuu did 2000 years ago). But it wouldn't explain Zeno asking Soo-Won if he desired the Four Dragons. :confused:

I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes, but English is not my first language...
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
But it wouldn't explain Zeno asking Soo-Won if he desired the Four Dragons. :confused:
I speculate the answer would lie in a previous conversation between Zeno and King Hiryuu. Perhaps the former king wished he could have done everything without relying on the four dragons... or something along those lines.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I speculate the answer would lie in a previous conversation between Zeno and King Hiryuu. Perhaps the former king wished he could have done everything without relying on the four dragons... or something along those lines.
You refer to the split theory, aren t you?

It could be true...After all we have very few information about King Hiryuu and just through Zeno s eyes, so the information could be a little biased on Zeno s part.
 
Last edited:

ShiKou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
14
Country
Philippines
@ShiKou & @Mini_kinkin
I know that Yona didn’t seriously think about becoming the queen or ruling so far, but I imagine at some point she’ll disagree with Suwon about his methods and ideals and as a result she’ll fight it out with Suwon for the throne, Suwon is thinking of what is best for his country while Yona wants everyone to be happy so they’re going to clash soon enough and this arc is the start of it, at least this is what I believe is going to happen. But I also like Kinkin’s thoughts of the future events and if turned out to be something like that I’ll have no complains I think. I think I read too much tragedies lol.
haha.. If that's the case then I guess you better read Vampire Knight 'coz that's one of the tragedy genres I've ever read ☺

@ShiKou
since you're a Ceil fan, why don't you visit Kuroshitsuji's thread? It's so painfully neglected, I posted something in there but I was practically talking to myself lol :D

yess I'm really fan of Ciel but I only used his pic for DP 'coz I can't find ShiKou's pic with an exact size for the DP.. sure I will check that out but maybe latersssss 'coz I still need to read the chapters all way through to the latest so I think it will surely takes time for me to visit the thread :)
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You refer to the split theory, aren t you?
Well I do agree with the theory (given Zeno's reaction to Soo-Won's appearance alone), but the question Zeno asked can still be based on something Hiryuu has said to Zeno, even if the theory is wrong. Unless Zeno has some thoughts of his own on the matter, I guess.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Well I do agree with the theory (given Zeno's reaction to Soo-Won's appearance alone), but the question Zeno asked can still be based on something Hiryuu has said to Zeno, even if the theory is wrong. Unless Zeno has some thoughts of his own on the matter, I guess.
You mean based of the fact that Hiryuu was a king, just as Soo Won is one?
In my opinion Zeno has little reason to ask Soo Won that question if he at least not thought of the possibility that Soo Won has something to do with the prophecy or King Hiryuu, dragon gods ect...

It would be strange asking that question, if that is not the case, since it would be pointless. If Soo Won is just a human being, and he is not related to the dragon warriors, why then the question if he wants them?
If he cannot have them....anyway?
 

ShiKou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
14
Country
Philippines
it could be because Zeno asked SW if he desires the power of the dragons 'coz the dragons once served King Hiryuu before and managed to save the country.. but for SW as a human king maybe Zeno wants to confirm it if he also wants the power of the dragons so that he can save the country or it could be that SW is related to that prophecy or whatsoever but still,doesn't need the power of the dragons just so he can save the country.. but for Zeno ..his way of talking to SW it seems like they know each other a lot.. like no awkwardness.. and the way he smiles at SW after hearing SW's answer was like woahhh!! (you really like him do you?)

there are two possibilities of Zeno's reaction when he first encountered SW..
maybe he knows that SW is the king of prophecy or somehow related to it and also SW has the same face of King Hiryuu (split reincarnation yes maybe)..
or maybe Zeno knows that SW was the one who killed the former king..
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
it could be because Zeno asked SW if he desires the power of the dragons 'coz the dragons once served King Hiryuu before and managed to save the country.. but for SW as a human king maybe Zeno wants to confirm it if he also wants the power of the dragons so that he can save the country or it could be that SW is related to that prophecy or whatsoever but still,doesn't need the power of the dragons just so he can save the country.
My problem with Soo Won having no relation to the dragon warriors, prophecy or and above all Hiryuu is that the question is pointless. Similar to somebody asking Soo Won if he would love to fly in the sky. Without the anatomical foundations of wings or other options like a plane, why bother asking?
But I think you mean, that Zeno is testing Soo Won if he wishes for their powers similar to the people going after Abi in the past (or maybe relating to the latest events Gobi)? I am just surprised that people think they can use these powers so easily without considering the possibility that persons that are able to use them like Yona are special cases.

. but for Zeno ..his way of talking to SW it seems like they know each other a lot.. like no awkwardness.. and the way he smiled towards SW after hearing SW's answer was like woahhh!! (you really like him do you?) .
Yup. True. The whole scene with Soo Won and Zeno in Sei is strange.
1. Zeno is surprised that Soo Won is aware of the existence of the dragon warriors. When Soo Won tells him, that Kija was the one who spilled the beans, Zeno seems to be disappointed. So did he consider another way for Soo Won to know about it?
2. Zeno is aware that Soo Won s objective was to conquer Sei, even though Soo Won denied it, which could mean, that Zeno is conscious of Soo Won s futher plans of supremacy over the surrounding countries.
3. When he further denied to wish for the powers of the dragon warriors, Zeno reacted with a smile. My conclusion was that he indeed feels sympathy towards Soo Won.
4. Even more so, when he waved him goodbye and shouted" See you again. Mr. king-guy."

there are two possibilities of Zeno's reaction when he first encountered SW..
maybe he knows that SW is the king of prophecy or somehow related to it and also SW has the same face of King Hiryuu..
or maybe Zeno knows that SW was the one who killed the former king..
Oh..I think the second option is true, he must know that Soo Won killed King Il. I once read a commentary, where a person believed that Zeno and not Min Soo was the one shooting the arrow that rescued Hak and Yona.
Since Zeno mentioned that he observed them since they fled the palace, I agree with this option at least.
But that doesn t throw a good light on King Il ,doesn t it? If Zeno sympathizes so much with Soo Won despite knowing that...

Concerning your first possibility I at least believe that Soo Won has a connection with King Hiryuu. He could be the king of the prophecy, if that prophecy really should come true.
Right now, I somehow doubt it, since the whole cast seemed to have forgotten the prophecy.....
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
About the whole Soo-Won Zeno question, this is how I see it -

Zeno has seen thousands of years worth of leaders so I feel he just asked that questions to understand Soo-Won better. Since Yona is walking on the path of not wanting to become queen with the dragons by her side, Soo-Won is doing the opposite - standing on the path of becoming king without wanting any magical influences to help him. I just think it's Zeno being fascinated by this turn of events and confirming that Soo-Won isn't actually a greedy person and wants to help the country.

But I do strongly believe Soo-Won is the king of the prophecy @SamuelDean. This doesn't mean he really needs to have a connection with Hiryuu or even if there is, Hiryuu could be Soo-Won's ancestor from his mom's side (as @@Aylinn pointed out earlier).

I must have written this before, but I feel like Hiryuu in his previous life didn't want to be king if he was reborn. Even though Hiryuu was a warrior by the end of his life he seemed really tired of all the violence and fighting. According to the theories of reincarnation, what you really desire in one life gets translated to the next (for example if you are a girl and really want to be a boy in the next life, you become a boy in the next life according to the theory). Kusa uses this quite a bit in NG Life. I feel this is why Yona is a woman in this life and not wanting to be Queen:

1) Firstly being born in patriarchal Kouka means she doesn't become Queen who rules over the country.
2) Secondly, Yona is empathetic to the whole of humanity, not only Kouka - and is able to do something about it, trying not to use violence, something Hiryuu wasn't able to achieve as a King since he needed to be loyal to Kouka.
3) Love life - Hiryuu was never shown to have a lovelife, though he does have kids. Maybe he had to marry out of convenience because he was Hiryuu. Or because he was Hiryuu and considered a holy king, he never got time to devote to his lovelife. Thankfully, Yona has no burdens of being Queen and can explore her love life with Hak.

So Yes, I feel Yona is Hiryuu the Red Dragon but not the King, King is Soo-Won.
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
About the whole Soo-Won Zeno question, this is how I see it -

Zeno has seen thousands of years worth of leaders so I feel he just asked that questions to understand Soo-Won better. Since Yona is walking on the path of not wanting to become queen with the dragons by her side, Soo-Won is doing the opposite - standing on the path of becoming king without wanting any magical influences to help him. I just think it's Zeno being fascinated by this turn of events and confirming that Soo-Won isn't actually a greedy person and wants to help the country.
Yes. The only reason why Zeno could ask such a question besides the Split Theory/Ouryuu theory is that he wishes to know Soo Won s further plans concerning the dragon warriors, since a couple of persons went after them in the past.It would make sense, since Zeno tends to challenge people in order to confirm certain possibilities.

Though I am still unsure if that was the only reason for the question.

But I do strongly believe Soo-Won is the king of the prophecy @SamuelDean. This doesn't mean he really needs to have a connection with Hiryuu or even if there is, Hiryuu could be Soo-Won's ancestor from his mom's side (as @@Aylinn pointed out earlier)
Concerning the question Zeno asked in Sei, his rather positive reaction towards Soo Won, the scene in the water tribe, and the couple of scenes were mangaka loves to place Soo Won and Yona in the same position, Shin ha s commentary that Soo Won reminds him of Yona, the charisma both characters have...I believe it is plausible that Soo Won has a connection with Hiryuu.
If I remember correctly King Hiryuu had a certain power over people.

I must have written this before, but I feel like Hiryuu in his previous life didn't want to be king if he was reborn. Even though Hiryuu was a warrior by the end of his life he seemed really tired of all the violence and fighting. According to the theories of reincarnation, what you really desire in one life gets translated to the next (for example if you are a girl and really want to be a boy in the next life, you become a boy in the next life according to the theory). Kusa uses this quite a bit in NG Life. I feel this is why Yona is a woman in this life and not wanting to be Queen:.

1) Firstly being born in patriarchal Kouka means she doesn't become Queen who rules over the country.
2) Secondly, Yona is empathetic to the whole of humanity, not only Kouka - and is able to do something about it, trying not to use violence, something Hiryuu wasn't able to achieve as a King since he needed to be loyal to Kouka.
3) Love life - Hiryuu was never shown to have a lovelife, though he does have kids. Maybe he had to marry out of convenience because he was Hiryuu. Or because he was Hiryuu and considered a holy king, he never got time to devote to his lovelife. Thankfully, Yona has no burdens of being Queen and can explore her love life with Hak.

So Yes, I feel Yona is Hiryuu the Red Dragon but not the King, King is Soo-Won.
I agree it is fairly obvious that King Hiryuu had problems with the deaths, that the wars claimed for themselves. Hence it seems to be plausible, that he was born a girl.
I do agree with 1 and 2 since I also perceive Yona as a person that loves many people at once.

The third point is -unfortunately-never proved wrong or right, since Kusanagi never enlightened us here, but if I include the traditions of the past in the picture, then yes, it would fit the bill.
 
Last edited:

Teshlola

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Country
Raven Tail
Why is all the mysterious characters blonde?:p
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Each chapter I promise myself not to read spoilers, and each chapter...

According to tumblr, Mizari dies. Beside that, it's going to be a Kouren vs Gobi vs Su-won chapter, so welcome hype.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Each chapter I promise myself not to read spoilers, and each chapter...

According to tumblr, Mizari dies. Beside that, it's going to be a Kouren vs Gobi vs Su-won chapter, so welcome hype.
So another chapter with fights...

But it is interesting that Soo Won still interferes, I thought, there was a picture, where he told Yotaka, that he won t intervene.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
So another chapter with fights...

But it is interesting that Soo Won still interferes, I thought, there was a picture, where he told Yotaka, that he won t intervene.
Well, but we also know that Kouren was trying to get to him, so perhaps she managed to cross the border, the slash in her back notwithstanding.
 
Top