Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
As far as I remember Min Soo just didn t object when Hak asked him if he had shot the arrow,but he also didn t stated it clearly. That means it is possible that it was not Min Soo that shot the arrow. It could have been Zeno as well. That would make sense since Zeno observed them when they fled the palace. He could have been there earlier as well.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
It would be so nice to get a little Zeno spin off, like some stuff he did or learnt during those 1000s of years he was alive and before meeting Kaya. Could be like an arc of one shots. Need to see more of Zeno because he's a very interesting character.
 

MushiRock11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Age
25
Country
Bangladesh
When do y’all think Yona reveal her feelings to Hak, chapter-wise if possible? I binged through the manga a week back or so and I absolutely adore the relationship between Hak and Yona.
Chapter 151, where Hak revealed his feelings, was just so heartwarming and so I’d like to see them officially start a relationship. Don’t get me wrong though, I love these awkward moments that spans around now.

Looks like things are heated up meanwhile for a war now that the neighbouring Kingdom are on the offence.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
When do y’all think Yona reveal her feelings to Hak, chapter-wise if possible? I binged through the manga a week back or so and I absolutely adore the relationship between Hak and Yona.
Chapter 151, where Hak revealed his feelings, was just so heartwarming and so I’d like to see them officially start a relationship. Don’t get me wrong though, I love these awkward moments that spans around now.

Looks like things are heated up meanwhile for a war now that the neighbouring Kingdom are on the offence.
Hak Yona are my fave Shoujo couple :P.

But I honestly think Kusa will drag it to the end, like we may see a kiss at the end and then a timeskip with their family or something. Wish there were moments before but manga is reaching its climax most likely and focus will be on the war.

Liked the cute moment on the recent chapter though. Glad she is feeding us shippers in small ways.
 

MushiRock11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Age
25
Country
Bangladesh
Oh, they are my second-favourite couple after Yamato x Mei. All the development they have received from the beginning to now has been phenomenal, and every touching moment between them is so heartwarming. I hope we get to see Yona confessing soon.

Also, thanks for the information! I didn’t know the manga was reaching/has reached its climax.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Also, thanks for the information! I didn’t know the manga was reaching/has reached its climax.
It's nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a feeling some of us got here - that since Kai is involved, and Yona's existence is coming out, we must be getting close to the big finale. Plus, Su-won's flashbacks of Il were quite suggestive, too.
 
Last edited:

MushiRock11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Age
25
Country
Bangladesh
It's nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a feeling some of us got here - that since Kai is involved, and Yona's existence is coming out, we must be getting close to the big finale. Plus, Su-won's flashback of Il were quite suggestive, too.
Oh right, thanks!
Now that I come to think about it, I think you’re right.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Oh, they are my second-favourite couple after Yamato x Mei. All the development they have received from the beginning to now has been phenomenal, and every touching moment between them is so heartwarming. I hope we get to see Yona confessing soon.

Also, thanks for the information! I didn’t know the manga was reaching/has reached its climax.
Yeah I really like all their moments together, some of those chapters are my favourites!
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Spoilers for chapter 160 are out (and I'm crying 'cause my tumblr dash literally attacked me with them... But well, since I already saw them...)
Apparently Keishuk found the HHB. There's a really stunning picture of Shin-Ah facing him. From what I read, it appears he wasn't trying to kill him, only to stun him. I've no idea how it turned out. Other than that, there were other picks, but I tried very hard not to look at them.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Spoilers for chapter 160 are out (and I'm crying 'cause my tumblr dash literally attacked me with them... But well, since I already saw them...)
Apparently Keishuk found the HHB. There's a really stunning picture of Shin-Ah facing him. From what I read, it appears he wasn't trying to kill him, only to stun him. I've no idea how it turned out. Other than that, there were other picks, but I tried very hard not to look at them.
Nice, it's good to see Shin-Ah moments. It's high time he got to shine too combat wise since he has the deadliest power of them all.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
:bored aaahhh... I wanted blood, guts and gore during their confrontation. Although by the looks of it, it seems zenos ability was left out as keishuk only witnessed shin ah & jeahas power together with kijas oversized hand. Still hoping for more gore in their confrontations to come.

Reference: http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/2HCEcuoHGJk#_sv
 
Last edited:

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
...Who needs gore in a shojo series? Gore doesn't make a series better. Not every story needs it. AnY's been doing just fine without it - better than all those series that have nothing but gore to them, like "Castlevania", IMO.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
...Who needs gore in a shojo series? Gore doesn't make a series better. Not every story needs it. AnY's been doing just fine without it - better than all those series that have nothing but gore to them, like "Castlevania", IMO.
When i first discovered AnY back in 2009-2010ish, i immediately dropped it bec i found the illustration blah and the story ur generic shojo series. I picked it up again in 2015 bec i saw this illustration of zeno being sliced up and googled what sorta manga it is. Was shocked to find out it was shojo. I binged read from chap 1-100ish and by that time i was hooked.
Its precisely the gore in the shojo series that sold it for me. The gore was the wild card.

Believe me, if youve read shoujo ur whole teen life, you'd be bored at some point and overall forget about that whole genre. The unexpected is needed once in a while.
I found the gore(tops the list), the slow burn romance(the most realistic depiction in shojo so far) and the fast paced action unexpected.
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I found the gore(tops the list), the slow burn romance(the most realistic depiction in shojo so far) and the fast paced action unexpected.
Don't know about gore, but I liked that the main lead is strong, and also the slow burn romance and development for sure. Plus Hak isn't your typical asshole, that's so uncommon in Shoujo leads lol. So I really love his character. Also plot is interesting and you need to use your brains sometimes to figure out what is going on, and that is really not needed is many shoujos. And also so many theories spring out of this manga, that generic shoujos never spark.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I think I like the interactions between the characters more than just the mere plot but I think that this is just a matter of taste.

I liked Keishuk by the way in this part. Matter of factly he stated that what Tae Jun tried to sell him was so stupidly wrong.
 

Maryam mohamed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Age
28
Country
Canada
I think I like the interactions between the characters more than just the mere plot but I think that this is just a matter of taste.

I liked Keishuk by the way in this part. Matter of factly he stated that what Tae Jun tried to sell him was so stupidly wrong.
DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LATEST CHAPTER.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
@Trjpyo Zeno getting sliced up gets gore-y sometimes, but it's still little. It might've been handled a lot worse. If this is gore for you, I guess you haven't seen much.

Plus, there's a difference of putting in gore because the story needs it (and Zeno's story does need it) versus putting gore in because you think it's edgy or cool. If a story can do without gore, then it's better off this way, since it'll get more readers/viewers - for many people gore is a deal breaker, so they would't read/watch it otherwise. Perhaps some people who watch stuff for edgy visuals will drop, but if I were in the author's place, I wouldn't care. I want people to read my stories for the plot and/or characters, not because they think that lots of blood is fun.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Perhaps some people who watch stuff for edgy visuals will drop, but if I were in the author's place, I wouldn't care. I want people to read my stories for the plot and/or characters, not because they think that lots of blood is fun.]
Well, i did pick up AnY to be entertained (be it visual or that emotional pull at my heartstrings), since it was marketed as such. Never initially approached it as if i were doing a book report or somethin’. Dont get me wrong, i’d still consider the plot/characters but i’d be in high school reading class for that- no fun.
 
Last edited:

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Well, i did pick up AnY to be entertained (be it visual or that emotional pull at my heartstrings), since it was marketed as such. Never initially approached it as if i were doing a book report or somethin’. Dont get me wrong, i’d still consider the plot/characters but i’d be in high school reading class for that- no fun.
...If you're entertained by "blood, guts and gore", and bored by characters and plot, then you picked up a wrong manga.

And it's really not like there's a shortage of bloody gore-y stories out there. You have lots to choose from.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
...If you're entertained by "blood, guts and gore", and bored by characters and plot, then you picked up a wrong manga.

And it's really not like there's a shortage of bloody gore-y stories out there. You have lots to choose from.
Like i said, its the gore in the shoujo not gore alone. I just thought it was fun for gore and shoujo to crossover. I’ve had my fair share of shoujo immortals but all of them are just pretty boys that the author just cant seem to maximize their being ‘immortals’. Something different for a change. The only thing i’m bored with is the average generic shoujo plot and characters. AnY is just atypical, i love it for being different.
 
Last edited:
Top