Seinen - Akikan! by Ranjo Riku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Akikan! by Ranjo Riku

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: Akikan! 01 Edited Manga

Thanks! It would help if you can provide a short summary of what it's about,...but wait, it is seinen romance, isn't it?

foganime

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Split between romance and "mahou henshin shoujo".

Transformation between can and GIRLISH forms is a central point of the manga...
So I chose "henshin shoujo".

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan" ["empty can"] girls appear. However, Akikan girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

(from Animenewsnetwork)

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Split between romance and "mahou henshin shoujo".

Transformation between can and GIRLISH forms is a central point of the manga...
So I chose "henshin shoujo".

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan" ["empty can"] girls appear. However, Akikan girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

(from Animenewsnetwork)
The series "Akikan!" is listed in our database as a shounen manga. Would you suggest that it should be changed to a shoujo manga? (This question pertains to demographics and not just themes; thus, being a romance or even having magical transformations would not necessarily change the demographic.)

Also, I changed the title, as this will now be the thread for discussing Akikan!, the series as a whole and not just this one chapter.

Last edited:

foganime

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Then I would leave the category as "shounen", as long as it's the audience demographic.

[tsuki]Moved to shouned section then[/tsuki]

Last edited by a moderator: