Quarterfinal - Aladdin vs. Reinhard van Astrea | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Aladdin vs. Reinhard van Astrea

Who wins?

• Aladdin

• Reinhard van Astrea

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hmmm.. it kind of depends actually. In what point of view do you want me to look at this battle? Are we talking about facts here what both characters do have or are we going beyond that (as in Aladdin counting on Ugo for example) and the likes? Imo, I think it should be looked upon with what the characters have as their own feats rather taking say trasncedent character into the play that turned themselves into a deity (feels kinda like a third party getting involved).

I have to think a bit more about it.. because, if say I will disregard that, Aladdin still has Solomon's wisdom (which is particulary connected to the abilities that Solomon himself has, he is Solomon's proxy after all), meanwhile Reinhard does have his blessing which he got from Rein (is this correct or was it a different name? I forgot XD) and can wish whatever he wants within his verse (is this correct again? I might even gonna read Re:Zero soon lol).
As long as Aladdin is the one actually doing stuff, I dont mind if he uses Ugo's powers to some extent. What I wouldnt see fair is "Ugo goes here and supports Aladdin from this other front" that would be a 2 vs 1, or "Aladdin becomes Ugo" (fuuusion!) you get me, no making the other character do all stuff.

Also yup, Reinhard gets his blessings (absurd hax) directly from Od Laguna but he's already the strongest, fastest most skilled of all the world without them, he only really needs them to fight stuff like Witch Authorities.
Reid is the ancestor of Reinhard btw o/ and most probably Top 3 of the series. When Reinhard uses his sword (named Reid aswell) he gets access to the absolute powers of the "Sword God" that can nullify Authorities.

I hope you pick the novel up, it gets really really good the more you advance in the story.

Interesting :hmm about the third party help
Aside from the phoenix powers, does Reinhard need to wish for it to get it, or will Od Laguna automatically give him the blessing without him even asking.
This goes back to what i said about Aladdin disregarding his own character. If Od Laguna gives on request, a completely different and arrogant Aladdin can do the same and ask Ugo for any wish after he reaches the Sacred Palace. I do agree with Magu, its a very questionable thing on Aladdin's side, but not in the realm of not being possible imo
And like Sinbad said, with Solomon's Wisdom he can go to the Sacred Palace and play god as well.
Oh its not on request. Its not like "Od Laguna, give me this please please please?" :blush :lmao

He only needs to wish for a power and he will get it. Od Laguna doesn't have a will, its not a character. Its the Divine "object" that births all reality and It will grant Reinhard anything he needs. The author compared Od Laguna to the Sun to explain it, an everlasting engine that just keeps working, and Reinhard is the proxy with access to all its powers on demand as long as he needs them.

Od Laguna's powers will grant him even the most bizarre stuff for that reason:

Rain blessing: He gains power in rain.

Sun blessing: He gains power in sunny weather.

Night's blessing: He gains power during night.

Morning blessing: he gains power during morning.

Mind reading: Vague understanding of what's on other people's mind.

Item mastery: able to know how to use any item he holds.

Blessing of War god: able to use any weapons masterfully.

Blessing of Lake: Can walk on water.

Blessing of Mist: Mist do not hinder his view.

Blessing of Cloud: can walk on cloud.

Blessing of lightning: Lightning will never strike him.

The walking of cloud one always gets me. :XD I can only imagine him jumping several kilometers up in the sky and then thinking "If I land now I might damage some houses... it would be best to land on this cloud" dingdingdiiing new power acquired :rofl

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Of course, its all Aladdin's doing. Ugo cannot physically as god interfere with the world since he obeys Solomon's law. He just dictates its laws from the Sacred Palace and controls fate for the Magi world. Though he did journey with Aladdin via his magic as a djinn for some time, but it was always Aladdin who gave the orders, and that djinn could not go beyond its worldly limits.
The only thing that Ugo can do here is give Aladdin the reins of the Sacred Palace, so long as Aladdin wishes for it.
As for the Magi System, its a program overseen by Ugo. If a magi dies he just sends him back via the three ways i mentioned before.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

All in all, if not even the so called author powers can influence Rein, which i guess can be equalized as Ugo's laws, then its a done deal :amuse these are the furthest limits Aladdin can potentially go, or the furthest i can go with squeezing the details. Like i said he aint no Sinbad or David.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think as a verse Magi is stronger, Ugo put a galaxy in a fishbowl or something. But I don't see Aladdin beating Reinhard. He is too reliant on Strength Magic to defeat him IMO, although he learned martial arts it has not been very relevant later and I can't see him defeating Reinhard in this area too. If he had something like Alibaba's Enhanced Perception he would have a solid chance I think.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, from what ive gathered, no conventional means would work on Reinhard given some time.
My biggest bet and last chance was Aladdin using the Sacred Palace via Solomon's Wisdom, but it seems like Rein can resist even author powers.
So yeah Aladdin cant beat him in the end. I cant really argue with that :xp it was a nice try though

People shouldnt really base it on whos stronger with that parody chapter, that was mainly for entertainment, my real campaign was below it.

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, the concept nullification of Reinhard is a very op feature aswell, being able to cut Authorities that defy the powers of Od Laguna is crazy. Virtually unstoppable power + absurd defence.

Still this was a match better fit for a Semifinal tbh, cause Aladdin is very strong and combined with Val's great campaign he deserves a chance for 3rd place. Its unfortunate that these two titans meet in quarters. :nomoar

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Tho tell me seriously Lambu, what would a character need to be able to do to defeat Rein if he can nullify even author powers?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Maybe the real secret is, defeat the nominator(Lambu) instead, then Rein will vanish?
:gwah

:lambirb:handgun

Well there are characters capable of defeating Reinhard, like some of the big guys from DC-Marvel can take care of him. Umineko top witches operate on a greater scale too, and of course Creators (the top stuff) can also challenge Od Laguna's own creation powers and vanish Reinhard.

But he's busted, being the proxy of an entire universe's God that keeps and allows existence in all its forms is op.

gather the dragonballs and wish for your character to get his sword :hip
Then they cannot use it cause they dont have the Divine Blessing of the Sword Saint. :p

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
So you need characters banned in the tournament to beat him :hmm

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So you need characters banned in the tournament to beat him :hmm
Some characters in this tournament could have given him a run for his money. Besides one of the remaining eight might be able to stalemate him like Satella. :gent

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wouldnt El Grande Padre be able to strip him of all his abilities via his op meme power?

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't read nor watch Re:zero but seems like this Reinhard is pretty OP. Bascially, he gets his power from this Od Laguna, which will grant him any blessing he needs and requires at any given time against his opponents?
So he is unbeatable if you actually face him in combat since he'll receive the appropriate counterattack to anything you'd try against him?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wouldnt El Grande Padre be able to strip him of all his abilities via his op meme power?
Reinhard is strong but lets not kid ourselves... he stands no chance against such a concentration of pure memetic energy.

I don't read nor watch Re:zero but seems like this Reinhard is pretty OP. Basically, he gets his power from this Od Laguna, which will grant him any blessing he needs and requires at any given time against his opponents?
So he is unbeatable if you actually face him in combat since he'll receive the appropriate counterattack to anything you'd try against him?
Here's a summarized version.

He can neutralize author-like powers (Authorities) that play with his own universe thanks to his attacks cutting through concepts with the sword of Reid. He has a series of haxes that make him virtually untouchable once serious and is strong enough to destroy the totality of his own Universe with all its dimensions.
As the proxy of Od Laguna he can even destroy it aswell, stated by the author.

On top of that he can wish for any power at any moment as long as he needs it to complete a task. These powers apply to him only and he cannot receive any kind of buff or debuff from anything external to it.

The only thing he can't do is Magic, but since magic is ineffective on him its not an issue. He also can absorb the mana of anything around him to become more powerful, making mages without unlimited mana unable to cast spells.

A rather tough guy :lambirb

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
As the proxy of Od Laguna he can even destroy it aswell, stated by the author.
But if he were to destroy it, wouldn't he lose his powers?

The only thing he can't do is Magic, but since magic is ineffective on him its not an issue. He also can absorb the mana of anything around him to become more powerful, making mages without unlimited mana unable to cast spells.
Aladdin has unlimited mana/Magoi. I read Reinhard could absorb/reduce/reflect/nullify 80% of different types of magic attacks, what about the remaining 20%?
A rather tough guy :lambirb
So it seems! But he must have some sort of weakness, he wouldn't have been allowed in this game otherwise. :hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.