All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

deftonys

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: Fan Art of the Month (June)

why my post was deleted and not even answered to it... theres no faq nowhere to be seen so... i cant blame my own stupideness... that i cant find it... so pleas answer... does it have to be new... specially for this competiton made...

Moderator Notice:
already sent you a pm with your previous post and answer to that...~ T-Mage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

captrosko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Fan Art of the Month (June)

why my post was deleted and not even answered to it... theres no faq nowhere to be seen so... i cant blame my own stupideness... that i cant find it... so pleas answer... does it have to be new... specially for this competiton made...

Moderator Notice:
already sent you a pm with your previous post and answer to that...~ T-Mage
Other people have posted older pics for this. So I don't think it matters much.
 

deftonys

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

damn i was so pist off and confused why my post was deleted... but hell i found it in axident here ^^ hah hah LOL... well problem solved...
 

Manga-K

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #23: Amateur Category

ok i´m a new member and is my second post. i hope you like it ^^




choose your favourite
escojed el que mas os guste no... escoje tu mismo el que mas te guste... esto es un concurso, no puedes poner 2 u 3 ... ^^'

Moderator Notice:
to dispel any suspicions of a spanish conspiracy :p (almost similar to the last time somebody commented in a foreign language....:notrust and raised a lot of hell :s) please try to limit discussions to english and/or post translations at least to prevent similar suspicions of "conspiracies" surfacing again.... :D

"choose one that you like more...you yourself (not others) must choose the one you like (to submit) more...this is a contest...you cannot put (submit) 2 or 3..."
is that a good trans? :headscratch

-----------------------------------------------------

oh btw, moved your entry Manga-K to advanced. Manga-K may be considered "graduated" from amateur to advanced atm.... congratulations... :smile-big
~ T-Mage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

spy117

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #22-23: Advanced Category

Hello everyone this is my first post
I liked all of the posted works and I wanted to congratulate you all :)
keep up the good work :)

Moderator Notice:
too bad i have to move your first post here....kindly read the rules and post all non-submission posts in this all-purpose discussion thread while the submissions and voting are still ongoing. however once the winners have been announed for that particular round, comments/discussions may be posted in the submission threads... :D

i'm sure everyone appreciates your congratulations. don't hesitate to participate in future discussions here and thank/congratulate the artists. :)
~ T-Mage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

lol t-Mage the translation is good :XD from all the spanish I know ^^'
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

It's a good litteral translation, T-mage <3
 

Yondy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
140
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

The translation is "Choose the one you like the most, because this is a contest, and you can't post 2 or 3 drawings".

That's it ;D
 

abu_89

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
393
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

the vote numbers are hidden but you can still tell who's winning for the contests... is it supposed to be like that?
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

the vote numbers are hidden but you can still tell who's winning for the contests... is it supposed to be like that?
clarify please....you can do it via pm....
we're still testing the new modification to the polls.....please report any bugs....

Moderator Notice:
issue resolved and is not a bug! the ones you voted for are in italics.... ~ T-Mage
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

question!!!!!! some of you may now the suigetsu page I started to color ....umm I don't think I'll finish the whole page anytime soon so I was wondering , in the "manga coloring of the week" contest can I participate even if I only colored a panel ? (the page is made of 2 panels and I'm almost finished with the smaller one )

umm forget that ...I read the rulz ... ^^' gomen nasai!
 
Last edited:

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Tis week I went into the "voting both with a bias (yes I will admit it). I was going to disregard the rest and vote for harrmd's coloring simply because of the page he/she chose to color. That said i still looked at all the thumbnails and most of the "fullscreen views". "Turns out harrmd was one of the contenders for this week anyway and i would not have been doing anyone too big an injustice by blindly casting my biased vote. But I could not do it after all.

jmlan and Shispare's colorings just stood out from the proverbial crowd. (I will not say which I ended up voting for)

@jmlan: I really liked the textures you created, real nice detail work there. About the background, did you create that yourself? or is it scanned? Because if you can create a background like that only coloring, then you have mad skillz.

@Shispare: I Voted for the advanced coloring before I voted for Amateur this week and many in the advanced category chose the same page to color as you did. So after seeing their work I was
1. tired of the coloring
2. not very impressed by the amateur colorings (no offense)
I was going to disregard them all submissions of the 354 cover all together. But then I looked at the "fullscreen view" of your coloring. and i was very impressed by the detail. It is obvious you put a lot of work into that one.
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

the recent changes (spoiler thumbs, username links) in the voting threads format are courtesy of yours truly :p based on ideas i had in mind to make votings easier before i became the mod here so people would have second thoughts about "blindly" casting votes,,, :xp

i appreciate that these new changes have improved the participation in the art contests! :D
 

TWNJ

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Im new to this wole forum thing so i need some help. How the hell do you post your art in the thread???
 

2ndKurono

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Re: Guess Karin's Official Colours Contest!

Okay here's mine..
i think Karin looks better like this,and i think her hair is more like this then red.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Congratulations harrmd,
Your coloring really deserved the win this week.
You did an amazing job (I voted for you), You are now officially playing with the big boys. lol
 

Sarada

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I must agree, MasterX's work is truely fantastic, love the lighting, backgrounds rocks, don't know if the deer was in the original page, but if it wasn't, nice touch!
 

*Mel*

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
129
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I can't see the first entry of the advanced contest =/

Anyway, MasterX like I said before has done an awesome job ^_^ I really like his style =D
 
Top