All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I noticed people designated advanced colorists are entering the amatuer coloring competition. I would understand if it was someone who entered the advanced contest once and realized they were out classed, but is it truely fair for people who have even almost won the advanced category or even won it to enter the amateur competition?

I mean competition is all well and good, but if I wanted to go up against them, I would have entered the advanced competition, you know?

If I'm out of line, I'm sorry. I just wanted to speak up.
 

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
285
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

LOL, just found my coloring in advanced category... Me...advanced? LOL!
 

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
285
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

Database error, I think. Says I've already voted.
 

miranu

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
253
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

Hmm funny it' says I've already voted, but I can't remember to do such a thing XD /btw the one I'm supposed to vote, don't have any votes -_-/ Something is definetly not right here :S
 

miranu

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
253
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

LOL, just found my coloring in advanced category... Me...advanced? LOL!
Same here -_- And you're much better then me lol :D
I think they should make another category.. PRO.. And that's it :D
I'm not amateur, but I'm not one of the advanced ppl.. so what am I? :D
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

ummm so many great fan arts!!!! but my favorite is v2-6's kakashi =3 I also like irenukia's sasuke fan art and sonteen12's sasuke too *-* and about my entry ...IT IS HUGE don't full view! lol
 

ToyBricks

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
95
Gender
Female
Country
China
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

clarity142 ,would you please check my image link at this post?
i can't open it.
maybe it's my problem, cause i am not sure how to post image in MH.
so please tell me what happened
 
Last edited:

QianQian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
138
Reaction score
44
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

It seems that I caused some trouble around here, sorry about that... <(_,,_)>

I'm not a regular at MH, so I only checked the winner's post to see which category I should enter. It seems that the amateur winners are around my level, and since it was my first time entering the contest, I decided to start from the bottom...

If I offended anyone, I'm sorry. It was not intentional... <(_,,_)>

As for this week's fanart votings~~

XD I really like greealarm's lineart!!!!!! The linework itself is awesome and the POV is pretty motivating~~v

I also like hyro's coloring style~~~XD
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

the fan arts are amazing in fact, most of the submissions lately have been incredibly good making it really impossible to decide on one. It is really a shame so few of us members actually vote in these contest. because there are many artists who probably are equally deserving of the first prize that inly ever get one or two votes because the few that do vote can only vote once and probably often have to pick between multiple entries they like equally.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I agree with kiddo it's a tough decision
lol XD can't believe I actually got votes for my submission XD thank you :D
 
Last edited:

douglas

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

ta ae mel votado d novo
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

there are a bunch of screwed up links in here. it would be nice if someone could fix them before the poll closes.
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Uozumi, our apologies about the miss. The voting for the amateur contest is being recast.

As well as Toybricks, I don't have an image to your coloring, so you're not entered in this past contest. Please upload to an image hosting site and just copy/paste the link. More information on that can be found here.
 

Dimitri1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Jeez I'm having a tough time picking which to vote for...
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Jeez I'm having a tough time picking which to vote for...
Happens all the time, The quality of the submissions keeps going up.
But that is a good thing right?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Thank you, WinterLion, I'm sorry I didn't catch it sooner. ^_^
 

Dimitri1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

It's so true. Ah well, can't wait for the next Fan Art Of The Month.
 

douglas

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Amateur Manga Coloring of the Week Voting Details!!

ta ae mel
 

captrosko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Congrats on winning the fanart competition, hyro! You definitely deserved it.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry as well. I didn't expect to be in such a close second. ^_^
 
Top