All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

yaminaruto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I barely would check my da though, i wouldn't have noticed if i wasn't looking at my competition, so some might not have noticed.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

dA warns you when they've just taken down something (i think) so they should know ;3
Yes, when DA takes a deviation down, they notify the artist.
 

Laverinth

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Someone enter against me! ... I don't want to win by default. -_-
 

avalon26

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
201
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Someone enter against me! ... I don't want to win by default. -_-
Done, your wish was granted! ... jeje
 

Laverinth

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Heh. Awesome.

That's a sadly low amount of entrants, still. Where is everyone?
 

avalon26

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
201
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Heh. Awesome.

That's a sadly low amount of entrants, still. Where is everyone?
Yep, that's strange, a two week contest, yet on the last day there are only 2 people?
 

kunai-knight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
1,203
Reaction score
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I reuploaded mine...thanks for voting! :)
 

Hitotsumami

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I was moved to advanced? I feel so honored, thank you. *.*

Good luck to all my fellow competitors. ^^

[tmod=GF]your welcome ^^[/tmod]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

avalon26

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
201
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

thanks, good luck to you too...
 

ax999

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
89
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

wow so many great submissions in the colored category for the month! i couldnt decide which one to pick, i had to flip several coins.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Oh yes, seriously I was amazed in Fan art Colourd category by Suigetsu art and Temari, but all in all, I would choose female person, and to that, it's Temari! xD It has my vote xD
 

TRIP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
17
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I keep coming back here every so often to compete when I can't get myself to draw my own linework. I daresay that I enjoy just coloring and cleaning another artist's linework MORE than anything original I could do. If I ever find an apprenticeship that inspires me like Kubo Tite or Eiichiro Oda as a colorist, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I feel like I can color someone else's art better than my own anyways :> I'll try to get myself to compete more if more people keep coming back as well <3
 

morphodoll

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I'm so sorry..my link isn't working...try thiis url
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Umm, sorry, but are you submitting this link for any contest? :amuse

============================================


Anyway, for the rest of you, especially those who participate in the Art Contests, please read the Announcement HERE. There is a change in submission criteria, as all contest images have to be submitted through the Image Gallery instead. Please take some time and read it. Thanks! :)
 

morphodoll

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

yeah the 35th week..it's broken...
 

eats

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!



Oh my, that is soo wrong.


at least if you do a paint over write down the reference or if you use a reference don't do a paint over. Id say Id put this under the category of photo manipulation rather than fan art or if its a fan art its Yui Ichikawa. :eyeroll
 

Yondy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
140
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

That is wrong indeed...

He should have stated it was a photomanip..
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Isn't the point of the fanart section to do something uniquely your own? Photomanips/overpainting shouldn't be allowed unless say it was his own work to begin with.

That does explain why the picture seemed oddly familiar though.
 

Yondy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
140
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Of course that's the point. But obviously this person didn't think anyone would ever find out it was a paint over. Since he doesn't state anything about references in his description, and it's under the "digital paintings" category >>

I'm starting to suspect his other paintings are painted over as well, since they all looked like photomanips.

*sigh* Yet another artist that wasn't being honest.
 

eats

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!



exactly the point Uozumi - the fan art section is supposed to be for original works - well not really original since the character is from another source but, it has to be ones own art. Fact of the matter is v2-6 - stated that he has sketch from his devart account comment anybody can see thats not an original painting all that it is, is color correction and a new face also a few touch ups here and there.
@ Yondy - after doing a cross reference from his work I can tell that from what he claims to be his "original work" and his other works, majority of it is a paint-over and photo manip. from which non was credited at all - and just says its his own.

-its so sad to see something like this, while others actually try to be a better artist, some just like to take a shortcut.
 
Top