All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

TWNJ

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Actually you can enter a drawing in the Advanced contest anytime, TWNJ. It's just that when you win Amateur three times, you cannot participate in Amateur anymore. That would be unfair to the others who are still working on their coloring skills. Looks like I need to make that a bit more clear in the rules.

Actually, we've always given the results at the end of each Art Contest discussion thread. See the last post of Amateur #47 thread to see what I mean. But last week I did decide to make the poll results visible for a week too before replacing it with another poll.

@ Manga Strip Contests

Either/Or. Maybe we could do more than one category though - original and fanart. We're actually not sure on the details just yet. Just wanted to know what you guys think about it.

I appologies. when i read the rules i thought it meant that you could only submit an advanced if you won the amatuer. sorry.

And iv only been on MH for like 6 months so maybe iv just not seen the results. I mean the percentage vote results rather than just who won.

sorry again.

sorry.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Actually, TWNJ, the number of votes are shown once the winners are annouced.

Example : Amatuer Manga Colouring #46, the results are shown at the last post with the number of votes. This has been done for some time. So if you have submitted previously for any contests, just go back to the participated contest to check on the results.

For yours, an early entry by you is shown here at Manga Colouring of the week #35. :)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Here's a little announcement for all Art Contest fans and participiants:

First, [user]Stiluz[/user] took over the job as Art Contest Moderator from GrayFox, as you may have noticed. Welcome him ^.^

And second: We added a subforum to archive previous contests and have a better overview in the Art Contest main forum. Besides that we changed the thread titles a little and unstickied the ongoing contests (Votings and Submissions) as the forum is now free from the older threads.

We hope that this changes made the Art Contest forum easier to use for everyone :)

Thanks to you all for being here! :luv
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

welcome to Stiluz but why isnt GF mod anymore?
@ TWNJ I never even participated in the beginner contests :XD though I still consider myself a beginner (and I was worse when I first participated in a contest :XD)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Foxy got caught up in reallife stuff (aka school >.> ) from what I know. The Art Contest with it's regular need for new threads, moving old ones, making polls, ect... is pretty time consuming, especially when you need to focus on studies.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Just a note here, I'll still be helping with the Art Contests here at least until January. That's when I have to go to graduate school myself.

After that it's all Stiluz's show.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Phew, the two-week polls are finally over. Congrats to Caracols for winning Advanced, and VASSiLi for winning Amateur for the third time - making him now an Advanced colorist in our eyes here.

I'll be updating the Winner's Thread again after this round, just so everybody knows.

And I guess we'll keep the Advanced contest biweekly instead of monthly since we did get a lot of entries for the last time. Thanks people ^_^

Amateur will stay weekly - last week was just an unlucky occurrence.
 
Last edited:

Bear Walken

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Congrats ShadowScythe. Hell, even I voted for you.
 

ShadowScythe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Wahoo first win!
lol thanks Bear.
 
Top