All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2009

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
And the art contests are back in 2009!

The 2008 thread can be found here.

You can comment here on anyone's entry. It has been decided to do so here, since it's a bit rude to comment the entries prematurely within the submissions threads themselves. So any sort of discussion on any of the entries should be held here.
Discuss anything regarding the contest entries or the contests themselves and enjoy your selves .
​
 
Last edited:

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So we aren't going to vote on the entries that were in the submission categories before tonight?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, no.

We're starting the contests fresh, so the old contests won't be judged and the winners stated. Sorry about that, I'm assuming you had an entry in one of the old contests, right?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah and I won't have the time to color something else for a contest for a while. Oh well, figures.
 

Giilshark

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
281
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why is Advanced Coloring lasting 2 months?

Before lasted only 1 month, right?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
There were previously some old entries from January, so to include their entries in, the staff changed the title to include January. The contest will run the same, however, and good luck with your entry, Gilshark. :amuse
 

Giilshark

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
281
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I understand .. So the competition is going to apply to two months, is not it?
I hope I win this time. xD
Thanks Hatsu ^^
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just for this contest, it'll be two months. Next contest, it'll be back to the normal monthly contest.
 

nereidaia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Can I enter any colouration as long as it hasn't been entered into another competition yet?
I'm wondering, because I'm considering to enter an old colouration of a page from Bleach's chapter 305 that I did for M7's release.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
That should be fine, as long as you haven't entered it in a contest here at MH previously.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What happened to the fanart coloring contest? Or can we just submit those to the other coloring contests?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Since there are quite a few people entering the fanart colouring contests, and mis-entering them in either the Advanced or Amateur contests, we'll be starting up a General Fanart contest.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Are the Coloring contests getting extended to June now? I'm just curious because I'm working on how to budget my time.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
No, we're having a june one =]
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
is it OK that I joined in the advanced colors contest even if I rarely participated before?:wtf
I only participated once, long time ago (almost eternity).
Already submitted my picture, http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=8270. If you feel that it should go to amateur, go ahead :).
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Well, it's up to you to decide which kind of competition you'll want ^^ The only thing we don't really agree with is when a really good contestant keeps on submitting into Amateur and winning always...if you're good, just move up! :D


It seems we're extending the contest again....only 1 submission for Amateur and 3 for Advanced. :(
C'mon guys!
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Thanks for answering.
I think I'll keep it advanced. If I lose, oh well... :)
 

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When I want to submit a colored Fanart, which category I should submit it to?
Seems that the Fanart Contests are gone ...?
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
You already won the advanced contest with that ;)
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
When I want to submit a colored Fanart, which category I should submit it to?
Seems that the Fanart Contests are gone ...?
Yup, but you can still submit it to the Coloring contest, if you like.
 
Top