All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee - I didn't see anything wrong with the first one and I like it a lot more than the new one. But that's just me. I'm going strickly on visuals.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Everyone seems so energtic and "pumped up" for this week's contest. This is going to be a lot of fun. :smile-big

@ Coffee - what does "Ore wa ashita ga hoshi" mean? Is it an anime? Lyrics from a song or something? XD!


energetic* :nerve
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Its a line from Code Geass - "I desire tomorrow" if my japanese is correct there


though I guess im missing an I in hoshii
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Good line. ^^

About your sig - it looks promising and it has potential but to me it has this kinda "dull" look atm. No offence, I think if you work on the black background a bit more and "polish it up" it could look even better. I'm loving the red graphics though. :thumbs
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

ya I never said it was finished~
"How is this looking" should imply that Im still working on it~
Sorry if I didnt make that clear~


and I have another theme for Tsukisama, though it SHOULD already be on your list~
Chibi!!
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congratz Coffee. I should have more friends :P
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congrats Coffee!!! :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congrats Coffee!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:confetti
The winner of the good sig contest has been decided, and the best is ~Coffee~, winning for the second week in a row! :whoabunny

Entitled Good Gone Bad, there is nothing bad about this signature! I am unfamiliar with the character in the signature, but she sort of reminds me of an edgier version of Erza from the manga Fairy Tail with that draconian armor and really cool-looking sword. The character's dark attire and accoutrements are expertly juxtaposed by the brilliant light in the background, underscoring the corruption aspect as the cherub-faced girl turns away from this light towards the darker foreground area. The prominence of cross-like shapes enhances this effect, and the tear-like blood stain—masterful. Bravo! :tem

:confetti

Please be sure to wish ~Coffee~ congratulations on his victory. Everyone did a good job, and you should all be quite pleased with the fruits of your labor! :hbunny​

There is one week left on the future contest! I look forward to what lies ahead. :amuse


Drat! I was too slow making my wordy congratulations announcement that you guys beat me to it! :darn:D

and I have another theme for Tsukisama, though it SHOULD already be on your list~
Chibi!!
It's already on my list, but I was unsure whether or not to use it as some might see it as too close to the "baby" theme, which did not get very much participation. I shall reconsider it now though. :tem


Oh, and very cool Negaduck avatar, Bugzee! :cheerbunny
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thanks!

It's actually a picture of Darkwing Duck but come to think of it now...it does remind me more of Negaduck! haha! :XD

I can't wait to see the rest of the submissions for the "future" theme contest. It's definitely going to be a very exciting challenge to beat kashy and get one over Coffee before he get's a hat trick of wins. :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

How's this attempt?

 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:confettiCongrats on the Win Coffee!!!:confetti​
I loved that sig!

@ Kakashi - Wow, now your sig looks complete. It's sweet!
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The winner of the good sig contest has been decided, and the best is ~Coffee~, winning for the second week in a row!
Two themes in a row....??? Apocalypse!!!

@Tsukisama
- Its the Evil Saber from Fate/Stay Night~
- And about the Chibi theme - I figured it was already on your gigantic list~ and people probably didnt search deep enough in their brains to connect Baby~Chibi... So Im glad you are reconsidering it~


I just worked on that Ashita sig I shared earlier, but I feel I may have just beaten it to death and may need to start over completely yet again. I know what I want, but I cant seem to get photoshop to match the image in my head~ Ill share the progress with everyone tomorrow~
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

How's this attempt?

IMO, The first version effects were better Kakashi.
The lightning you added doesn't fit with the rest of the colors and it seems that every render has it's own aura now...
I suggest you to follow the same steps you did in your very first attempt and try to play with the background image you found.
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congratulations, Coffee \o\~~~
people were really early on this one... even before tsukisama @__@

though I guess im missing an I in hoshii
When I first read I was about to say it... "hoshii" indeed n_n

IMO, The first version effects were better Kakashi.
The lightning you added doesn't fit with the rest of the colors and it seems that every render has it's own aura now...
I suggest you to follow the same steps you did in your very first attempt and try to play with the background image you found.
I agree here... it seems that in the new one the background was much more important... the two sigs are really good... I just prefer the first one...

It's already on my list, but I was unsure whether or not to use it as some might see it as too close to the "baby" theme, which did not get very much participation. I shall reconsider it now though. :tem
eeeh... for me baby and chibi are quite different themes...


I just worked on that Ashita sig I shared earlier, but I feel I may have just beaten it to death and may need to start over completely yet again. I know what I want, but I cant seem to get photoshop to match the image in my head~ Ill share the progress with everyone tomorrow~
this kind of thing is frustrating, isn't it? I have several versions of my works... each one in different stages so I can go back to were I think it can lead me to better result...
but I have faith in you, coffee... waiting for another great sig n_n
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Kakashi - Yeah, I do agree with Shin about the lighting thing. It was awesome in the first one, but I still think both sigs are very good in their own right.

If anyone's interested I colored the cover from Naruto 521: Here. I need some feedback before I complete it. Any CnC would really help. Thanks :)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thanks for the feedback everyone :tem

I will modify it some more and take into account everything you all said. However I'm not sure I will change my submission again, because I don't want to keep making Tsukisama editing my submissions.

Thanks again for the feedback :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@debaron - I think the one with effects looks pretty nice - and it almost has this steaming look - which you would expect coming from someone who is fighting and bleeding in the snow~
- Though I think I spy a blood smear that doesnt look right - On the handle of a weapon in his back on 'Our' right hand top side~ Awesome work~

Anyways here are those sigs I promised - dont laugh at me too hard -


 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Coffee...you a drunkie at night? 8D

Awesome future siggy. It reminds me of your strength sig submission. :amuse
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

so you are telling me its gonna lose? XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top