All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I know. That's what I was talking about~

A stroke or outer glow could work but the main colours would still clash with the overall sig colours imo. Over using one kind texture/tone can sometimes downgrade or weaken the look of the sig in the end. Kashy, you might as well test it out and see which one you like best. ^^
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Ah... thought that the kanji needed more work. I did think about making the faded render larger, but I haven't made any major changes yet I think. Thought about adding a stroke or outer glow to the kanji also, but I wanted feed back before I made any major changes :tem Don't want to mess up another sig -_-;

Thanks for the feedback,will work on it as soon as I get the chance tonight. :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

and maybe a little Gaussian blur on the faded one too?~


Nice nice submission nanaDmari!
 
Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Okay I submitted mine... really quick work as I only got to know of the theme this week... also because I was short on time, I didn't comment on anyone's work... on top of being for 2 weeks without internet, telephone or cellphone, I had tons of things to prepare for university --_--"

and only now I noticed I submitted the png to the gallery instead of the jpg with "fake" transparency... it's really weird there... but in my submission post I used the image from my deviantart... so it's showing properly there...


thanks coffee n_n
Yours is also really nice~

and good choice for the "same render"... I really can see many different ways to use that render, witch I think is the most important in that version of the sig contest...

and I haven't prepared anything for that @___@
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Fantastic idea, nanaD~~~ I love it! :zomg

nanaD or Shin for the win~ :occa
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

where is yours Zee? (that sounds cool, I think I will call you that from now on)

Aren't you going to turn one in, you just made it sound like you weren't and you just don't want me to win T_T
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Fantastic idea, nanaD~~~ I love it! :zomg

nanaD or Shin for the win~ :occa
nah ... I don't have many fans ;) + I wan't nanaD to win a contest.


why did I write "wan't" ...----> WANT <---- sorry... I just woke up.
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

where is yours Zee? (that sounds cool, I think I will call you that from now on)

Aren't you going to turn one in, you just made it sound like you weren't and you just don't want me to win T_T
I'm still working on it. Zee is fine lol.

Here's a sneak peek at what my sig looked like a week ago:


I kid you not. It's the base template of my initial idea/design. :p I would say it's about 80% complete now. I just need to work on few more things and polish it up a lil bit. I haven't spent this long on a sig for a while but it's been well worth it. I've had a lot of fun making this one tbh. :amuse

It's not that I don't want you to win, Coffee~ It would be nice to see nanaD, Debaron8 and few others get a win under their belts. ;)

I really like Shin and nanaD's submissions the most. A lot of strong contenders as usual though. Good luck everyone!!! :)


nah ... I don't have many fans ;) + I wan't nanaD to win a contest.
<hr noshade size="1">
why did I write "wan't" ...----> WANT <---- sorry... I just woke up.
Shin, you went on a winning streak not too long ago. :p Coffee, had two wins...shame about the last round. :D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I just made a new set :) I'm so damn happy it looks good !
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Shin - I like your new set a lot. I think it's the first One Piece set I've seen from you? You should do more of them. :)

Also, everyone except Coffee, you all need to submit your renders for the same render contest!!! We need more than two choices to vote for.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I'm not sure I'll be back home in time to finish my sig for shadow theme... And I'll put a render for the same render theme when I reach back.

Great submission nana :thumbs

WHITE BEARD LIVES!!! I have no idea who that character is...all I know is white beard :cookiestare
Still,it looks awesome Shin :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I agree, nanaD's submission is pretty interesting for Shadow - I like the vertical popup effect



on another note, Im gonna try my hand at the coloring contest, I think. - Started coloring something last night - Thoughts?
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

oh my god... thank you guys, I don't know what to say... you are all just too kind...


coffee, isn't her hair missing some parts? for me it seems that it's not tied, so it should appear behind her neck?
I usually start coloring the background, then go to the top layers... I think that if I saw a cute kind of sparkling background it would be better, but that's just me XD
I like the blue, but maybe you could also try some warm colors...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thank you nanaD, It isnt done yet, a lot of the parts are just placeholders (such as the background) and the thing on her head just looks like one of those frilly 'hat?' thingies. but dont ask me. Im not a pro on womens fashion XD
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Oh, I see it's not done yet, it's just that the black made it darker, and she has that cute feeling around her... and for a neutral background, then I would choose medium gray, because it's a color that doesn't interfere much on the perception of others... (okay, all those books I read about colors just showed up in this last phrase)
hey, I'm a woman, and definitely not a pro in women's fashion either XD
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee - Good coloring thus far. I see some jaggy edges in parts though (around the shoes and hair). For me, I find lines the hardest part to make, but if they look good then so should the coloring as a whole. A technique someone just told me to try is too make the lineart and coloring on a larger scale than the original, and then resize it at the end. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it may hide some of the smaller flaws, especially in the lines. Btw, what method are you using to color? There are many out there, most of the pros seem to use shapes in PS, but I'm too slow with the pen tool to use it.

@nanaD - I like your submission a lot.:) It's unique and very well suited to the theme. Btw, I forgot to tell you that I finally played the new Assassin's Creed and it's very entertaining. I would call it AC 2.5, b/c you're Ezio again and just have different missions, with improved weapons and features. Like horses are allowed in towns, and other sweet stuff. I would certainly recommend it. Hopefully it will come to Brazil soon. :)
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

A technique someone just told me to try is too make the lineart and coloring on a larger scale than the original, and then resize it at the end. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it may hide some of the smaller flaws, especially in the lines.
I do this... usually I get the size the image should be and work with 600ppi (as I need 300ppi for printing, I work with double the size) some things do disappear at the resizing, and while you experiment you don't loose that much quality...

@nanaD - I like your submission a lot.:) It's unique and very well suited to the theme. Btw, I forgot to tell you that I finally played the new Assassin's Creed and it's very entertaining. I would call it AC 2.5, b/c you're Ezio again and just have different missions, with improved weapons and features. Like horses are allowed in towns, and other sweet stuff. I would certainly recommend it. Hopefully it will come to Brazil soon. :)
thank you, thank you!
and seeing another AC related sig was great... I can really feel the concept behind the quote... nice n_n
Oh, I saw it to sell online the other day... but it's just for consoles, and I don't have any... maybe a friend of mine will buy it... hopefully... (ps3 version costs now around us$120,00 here, she'll probably look it up on ebay or amazon) so I might play it in her house... thanks for the info n_n
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I just woke up. :oh

I got like 30mins to complete this sig. This happens every damn week. :nerve


Uploading right now!!! :turtle


All done! I went for the Pokemon Contest theme kind of play. Good luck to you all! :bye
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The voting for the shadow contest has now begun! Whose signature casts the biggest shadow? You decide. Cast your vote within one week's time.

The new contest is up, and the theme is rabbit. If you were not aware, the Chinese New Year just occurred recently, and we have now entered the Year of the Rabbit. This year is of special importance to me as I am a Rabbit (by Chinese zodiac and spirit :hbunny). So, all submissions can be about anything related to bunnies, including things with either "rabbit" or "bunny" in the name. Have fun and may fortune smile upon you in the new year! :lovebunny

The nomination phase of the same render contest was supposed to end today, but since there are still only two nominations, it shall go on for one more week after which voting shall begin. So, don't forget to submit your nominations soon! :whoabunny
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee - Good coloring thus far. I see some jaggy edges in parts though (around the shoes and hair). For me, I find lines the hardest part to make, but if they look good then so should the coloring as a whole. A technique someone just told me to try is too make the lineart and coloring on a larger scale than the original, and then resize it at the end. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it may hide some of the smaller flaws, especially in the lines. Btw, what method are you using to color? There are many out there, most of the pros seem to use shapes in PS, but I'm too slow with the pen tool to use it.
- Yah, I havent even touched the shoe area yet and I did notice the areas around the hair, hopefully I can create the patience to fix this and make a completed, awesome coloring for once.
- And yah, I use the Pen, lasso, and quick selection tools usually, and I think I may have just discovered a very easy and fast shadowing technique as well~
- Also, I dont usually do the shrinking technique, and unless theres something over the top (like a word or bubble) or it doesn't stand out quite enough, I don't often do anything with the lines~

I do this... usually I get the size the image should be and work with 600ppi (as I need 300ppi for printing, I work with double the size) some things do disappear at the resizing, and while you experiment you don't loose that much quality...
- Most of the time I just leave it at 72, lol I rarely bother to change it.

@Tsukisama~ Interesting and fun sounding theme. At the same time it sounds pretty tough.... Time to break out a Bunny Girl render~ or OOH OOOO!!! A Cabbit render! Titled "Half Rabbit" .... XD would that be acceptable?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top