All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations, kawaii! :confetti

On another note, I am pleased to see someone bucking the princess trend and going for a queen. Perhaps a prince or king might appear as well. :p All of the entries so far look very nice.
I prefer a busty princess (:smile-big)
I know, I'm an ecchi maniac :rofl
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well, we finally have a prince! Now, we only need a king for all of the major royal titles to have appeared.

I am not currently sure who will get my vote, since all of the signatures look so great. :hbunny


I read to-LOVE-ru. It is a very amusing manga. I was a bit surprised to see Lala show up as an entry, but you are an ecchi maniac. :gigglebunny
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Tsukisama, may I ask u if you're a boy or a girl?^^
He won't answer since he loves mysteries ;) but I'd assume you would like him to be a boy :p
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

He won't answer since he loves mysteries ;) but I'd assume you would like him to be a boy :p
Koen, if you use gender-specific pronouns, people will think that you are actually revealing my sex. :p

Tsukisama, may I ask u if you're a boy or a girl?^^
You may ask, but I probably won't answer. Koen is correct that I do love mysteries. :ninja

Anyway, I look forward to the results of the contest (especially since I got to choose the theme :XD).
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

LOLz!
Thx, koenosaki^^
Koen, if you use gender-specific pronouns, people will think that you are actually revealing my sex. :p
:oh a pun, just because she's a female and I asked your gender I was using male pronouns since she would definitely like you to be a man given her status

and o be honest farf: I even don't know :ninja
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Ok, that is SO not true XD
A girl... No, A PERSON cannot be curious anymore?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I am going to side with Farfalla on this one. Curiosity can just be simple curiosity sometimes. :amuse

Anyway, I like your new signature, Farfalla. I see the title is "Royal Soul," and the text in the image states the same in another language (Italian if I'm not mistaken). I don't recognize the character. Is that an original character? Also, if you have any commentary on the thought process behind this work, please share. :)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Actually, it's Latin^^ It's the name of the Edited Manga group where I do stuff XD But it does mean Royal Soul, indeed. I know you're hoping for a prince, but I just loved this queen. I believe it's original art, since I got it from deviant art^^
May I ask another question... (curiosity again!) Is Leen ok?^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Actually, it's Latin^^ It's the name of the Edited Manga group where I do stuff XD But it does mean Royal Soul, indeed. I know you're hoping for a prince, but I just loved this queen. I believe it's original art, since I got it from deviant art^^
I studied Latin in high school, and the only part that did not make sense to me in Latin was "regia" being used as an adjective to mean "royal." Wouldn't the proper adjective have been "regalis"?

Also, I wasn't hoping for a prince. I was hoping for a king :XD (so that the contest would have a king, queen, princess, and prince), but I do like queens too.

May I ask another question... (curiosity again!) Is Leen ok?^^
You may ask anything, but you may not always get an answer. ;)

I think that Leen is okay. She has a life outside of MH that is currently taking precedence. She pops in from time to time, and if you catch her, you can ask her how she is doing.
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well, the contest still has a day and a half so a King may still make an appearance and complete the set ^^

I studied Latin in high school, and the only part that did not make sense to me in Latin was "regia" being used as an adjective to mean "royal." Wouldn't the proper adjective have been "regalis"?
Cool, Tsukisama, you learned Latin? I would love to study the Latin but the only language offered back in my school was French, which I took cooking class instead of it LOL~
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I thought it was Regia, because of a water flower that's pretty common around here. But now that I've searched thru google, it seems that both words can be used. I can ask some biology teachers if, perhaps, they know about it.
I hope I haven't offended you with the "Leen's question" o.o Since you guys are all staff, I thought you would know. I'm sorry if I did!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Votings are opened and new submission is made

Latin, I studied it too but not for long to be honest ^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

The new animal theme should be interesting. Good luck to the participants in the voting. I looked at all of them, and they are all very nice. I am still undecided upon how I'll vote. :amuse

Well, the contest still has a day and a half so a King may still make an appearance and complete the set ^^

Cool, Tsukisama, you learned Latin? I would love to study the Latin but the only language offered back in my school was French, which I took cooking class instead of it LOL~
Sadly, it's closed now, and there is no king. (Well, kawaii's signature may be a king, but it isn't explicitly stated; I can dream though! :yelling)

Yes, I studied Latin and also took a cooking class. (It was more of a general home economics course, as cooking was only one part with sewing and genealogy being the rest.)

I thought it was Regia, because of a water flower that's pretty common around here. But now that I've searched thru google, it seems that both words can be used. I can ask some biology teachers if, perhaps, they know about it.
I hope I haven't offended you with the "Leen's question" o.o Since you guys are all staff, I thought you would know. I'm sorry if I did!
I see. I searched for the word in my dictionary, and the adjective literally means "of or relating to a king" or "kingly," though it can be generically used as "royal."

I wasn't offended about the Leen question at all. I just meant that there are some things that one may ask that may not get answered. Leen's personal life (like that for any of the moderators) is her own business, and we can't just divulge any information on it. So, I could only give you a general response on the issue. For more information, you would need to ask her directly, but again I am not offended at all, just stating this for future reference. :hug
 

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sadly, it's closed now, and there is no king. (Well, kawaii's signature may be a king, but it isn't explicitly stated; I can dream though! :yelling)
Its a queen, but you can pretend if you like :tem
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Its a queen, but you can pretend if you like :tem
I see. Well, I suppose that, for the sake of my obsessive-compulsive need for a complete set, I will just pretend. :D

I am a bit sad that I didn't get the opportunity to vote on the last poll, having been so busy this past week, but congratulations to heavens_dragon! :confetti

I suppose it is to be expected that a bishie prince would win the contest. :amuse As I said before though, all of the entries were lovely, and I am sort of relieved that I wasn't able to vote, because it saved me from a very tough decision. :nod
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Ah! Thank you very much! ^__^

It was a fun theme and I'm happy to have the chance to particpate in, thank you!
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats, heavens dragon ^^ I've voted for you!
I'm a little sad 'cause I couldnt see the results T.T I'd like to know how many votes I recieved .-. Am I the only one who is having this trouble? What happened?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top