All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ DeBaron8: I'd vote for that. Gj
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Coffee~ I was kiddin' about your "old" signatures. I hope you didn't take that the wrong way....again. :p

@ DeBaron - I agree with Shin. That's one awesome-looking rabbit-themed sig dude. Great job. I'll give you a few suggestions later today. Right now, I honestly like it the way it is. I guess you could work on the "sharpness" of the colours in the background. :)

@ Shin & Farfalla - Have you guys started on your rabbit-themed sigs yet? :p
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Didn't have time! XD I'm living further from work now... 10h of work and 4h to get to and come from work XDDD~ And I can't use Photoshop in this computer work ;-; I'll look for an img I'll use now, and try to start the sig at night^^
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Shin & Farfalla - Have you guys started on your rabbit-themed sigs yet? :p
No I haven't :S I have no idea what to put in the sig at the moment... I'll wait longer.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

This rabbit theme is really difficult... :oh Can hardly think of any good ideas :darn
Well I do have one in mind,but I dunno if I'll be able to pull it off.

Seeing that people are sharing their colorings,I'm share a work in progress. It's a page from Wolf Guy,one of the best pages imo.

 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I was always under the impression that Deviant Art images were off limits, but if they are not - woooo~
Yeah, I'm not going to submit this until I get permission from the artist first. That's what I've done in the past, if they say it's ok then I use their work, otherwise I usually avoid stuff from DA too. This time I just couldn't resist so hopefully they will approve, if not I probably will delete it from my image shack and not enter it. :( Glad you all like it though. :)

@kakashi - That looks like a sweet panel to color, show us the final product when you're done.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I use DV work a lot. If I state the credits/sources than it's all good~
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I just remember reading from other forums that DA works werent allowed in art contests. Apparently that rule doesnt apply here though~?
Tsukisama?

@Kakashi
- Whoa ViOlEnce! lol
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:XD It's strange though... these days I'm not really into action and violent manga,but Wolf Guy is really good. I guess it's because of the way the mangaka tells the story. Very poetic.

I have an updated coloring,but I can't upload it right now. Also,I finally started on my rabbit sig,but it doesn't look too good so far :darn

Btw, Coffee, that Lelouch gif is really great. Made me laugh :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

have you seen the original one I made, its in my gallery~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Honestly, I haven't really checked out anyone's gallery yet. Will have to check some time soon~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I just remember reading from other forums that DA works werent allowed in art contests. Apparently that rule doesnt apply here though~?
Tsukisama?
As long as you get the permission of the artist to use their work in the signature and you provide proper credit information to the artist for his or her work, it is okay.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

didn't find one that matches his awesomeness ? :P
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

...nah, it's all in the title. 8D ...mhmm... I am curious to know what kind of avatar/sig set(s) he did have before he went with the permanent naked look. hahahaha~ xD

Tsuki! Make a mod thread instead! :cheerbunny

Only a few more days left to submit something in for the render contest. I haven't made up my mind on which render I would like to put forward for the voting phase. :darn

Far~ I really like your render submission. Very pretty~ ^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Tsuki, can I ask a silly question? XD Why u don't use avatar and sig?^^
When I first became a member on the site, I really only came to post my thoughts on manga and didn't explore the options for things like that. Later, I became a moderator and then a global moderator. People at that time asked me why didn't have avatar and signature, and then I did consider getting them, but I couldn't find one that I really liked and I was also the only global moderator at the time without an avatar and signature, which I thought was sort of special. Since then, I just decided to keep my minimalist look. :amuse

So, I've never had an avatar or signature. ~Coffee~ made two really nice signatures for me for Christmas. I told him that I would use them for my birthday, but otherwise, I think I shall stay the way I am. :vbunny

Tsuki! Make a mod thread instead! :cheerbunny
Thank you, but I don't need one. I am not the sort of person who enjoys that sort of thing. I prefer to do my duties and just be a mysterious, behind-the-scenes sort of person. ;)

Now, enough about me and let's focus on the Sig Contest! :p

Only a few more days left to submit something in for the render contest. I haven't made up my mind on which render I would like to put forward for the voting phase. :darn

Far~ I really like your render submission. Very pretty~ ^^
Yes, that is right! I hope that we get a few more renders from which everyone can choose. Voting shall happen next week, and then the winning render shall be used in the same render contest, which will be the theme following the rabbit theme. :whoabunny
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Guess I won't be able to participate in the same render contest, because I'll be traveling... but I'll still try and find a good render to submit...
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

LOL, Shin XD!
And now I bet Tsuki is scorpio >P Those guys love mysterious things!

Thx, Jin!^^ I thought about getting a... horizontal render XD 'cause I think it fits better in a sig. But I rly like that render^^

Nana Ç.Ç Pliz, try XD I think u'r the only one that makes your own art to the sig, that's pretty cool.
Ps.: Till today I owe you a TIM phone call XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Got this idea today for the rabbit theme. Forgot all about the bunny symbol :XD

 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Random sig -_- :
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top