All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Yep, everything seems to be in order, so no problems.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

This week's contest is going to be awesome! Thanks for submitting, people.

@abc
illustrator is very useful.Try and mess around with it. It's pretty fun too. :grin


New theme is up. It's TIME! Don't feel intimidated by the theme. For those who have no idea where to start, I'll give you some ideas. You can do stuff like:

- a clock
- an actor/model posing with a watch (like what you see on ads)
- an anime character with time/clock
- stopwatch

well, basically anything that has something to do with time. ^____^
Good luck. Try and be creative!
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

- an anime character with time/clock
LOL, you practically gave away a hugeeee idea there.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

If you say it out loud, it sounds like Air Gear. : D

Air - ehhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh

Gear - giiiiiiiiii aahhhhhhh
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Haha. I know nothing about air gear but I am glad it helps. XD
What's with the giiiii and ahhhh thing? Is that something people in air gear cheer all the time?
I'll be amused if someone uses Hiro Nakamura as his/her submission. He's the guy who stops time. hehe.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Nah, it was just a little joke thing in one of the recent Air Gear manga chapters. In Japanese they pronounce Air Gear like ehh ahh gii ahh instead of just ehr gear like in English.

I think I've seen a Hiro sig before and it looked pretty nice, but it was a really long time ago.

 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Just for the fun of it, I've actually made a sig myself based on this theme. My entry doesn't count as a legitimate one though. :D It's just for fun.

Time - Hiro Nakamura, the man who stops time - Leen



Hiro's stock from dodevice.com and the clock's stock is from zengifts.com
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Hm...it looks nice, but the thumbnail from Photoplog crapped up the quality. Man, I haven't watched Heroes since like Dec '06.

It looks fine when I look at the original tho.



Ah, you forgot to capitalize the O in my name up there. Could you fix it please?
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Done.

Hey, no one participating the contest this week? It can't be too hard now, can it?
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

I think I'll make one tomorrow. I'm so exhausted after today's party. Man, I swam for like 4 hours.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

This is effectively the last day for submission for this round's contest. If I don't see at least 3 submissions by tonight, I'll extend the deadline to next week.

SO SUBMIT!!!! XD
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Hm...almost done with my sig, just a little bit more to do. :]


Augh, can't pick a good text!
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

More shouts from me!

We need at least 1 more submission to close the contest and start the voting process. Just submit a submission. :wtf I promise to give an easier theme next week. >.>

Two more days! Look around for anything that has to do with time *cough*Kira's trump card*cough* or anything else to be made into a sig. ^.^ I trust your creativity.

Submit! :yelling

:sweat


One more week of extension. >.<
 
Last edited:

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Maybe you could submit yours so we have 3?
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

K, did one in 5 mins so that we can get the new theme, I'm really tired of this one v.v
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Maybe you could submit yours so we have 3?
I know that there're many members like you who wouldn't mind, but we received complains in the past that the Art mods can edit the polls like they wish and decided to exclude the ones directly involved with the contests from participating (which are Leen, sakura-aniki and Stiluz, at the moment).

We aren't happy about this rule either, since all of our contest mods are also artists who would like to participate but it's the only way to show the members that it's a fair, non-biased contest.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

All right. We have 3 submissions. I just closed it since no one is going to submit anyway.

So here's the deal for this week's theme. You might have realized this but in order to keep to the Tuesday deadline, this week's sig submission is only 13 days instead of 14. Try to submit by the deadline. I have made a really easy theme this time. Sorry for the "time" theme and thanks for the brilliant people who come out with something despite the complicated theme. The voting duration is still the same, which is 5 days so no worries on that part.

All right, for this week's theme. Some hints will be:
- you can use purely names of the movie to create a sig (like say using the word Lord of the Rings) and create the cool background
- you can use any actor/actress in any movie to make a sig
- you can use producers/directors ... as your stock too

Basically, anything within the movie range is fine. If you want to be creative and submit a sig that has the stock of an empty director chair, it's fine too. ^___^

That's all from me this time!
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Gah, I was happy to see that you extended the deadline and nearly finished ;___;


Nah, whatever. Maybe next time then >.>
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Hm...I have a harder time thinking of something for this one than Time, but it's probably just me. Oh well, I'll think of something.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

eni, if you want to submit for the "time", you can still submit it. Just post the submission and I'll add you into the voting. ^.^ Things are kind of messy for this week's submission so it's fine to be flexible. =D The more the better!!!! :whoo

abc,
that's harder? :wtf
I thought that's way easier than the time one. >_> Just try your best ya!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top