All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yo Tsukisama! Your back! :tem

I'm going to start working on some ideas for the Dragon theme very soon :plot. Great theme choice btw! :thumbs

The 'Heart' sig's are all looking good! I would say TeAm#7FoReVer's submission would've instantly won if the theme was lust....:smile-big don'tcha think so?? xD j/k
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

this dragon theme will be a little hard... so many things can be done with this theme :(
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Sorry Tsukisama for asking such a retarded question, I knew where it should have been, but I guess I was being blind.. Right after I asked the question, I went back and found it. I would have edited my post (but there is no edit available[?]) or posted again (but Im not sure how frowned upon double posts are here.)

XD
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

this dragon theme will be a little hard... so many things can be done with this theme :(
I'm sorry. I would have thought that the generality of the themes was a plus :sweat, but I can also try to think of more specific themes to use in the future as well. :tem

Sorry Tsukisama for asking such a retarded question, I knew where it should have been, but I guess I was being blind.. Right after I asked the question, I went back and found it. I would have edited my post (but there is no edit available[?]) or posted again (but Im not sure how frowned upon double posts are here.)

XD
It's okay. Everyone has moments like that. You could have made a second post, and that post would have automatically merged with your first post, but it wasn't a big deal. :)

You are right that edits are disabled for this section; this is because we did not want users to edit their contest submissions and, since we can't selectively make only certain threads not editable, the entire section was made as such.
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, I already submited my signature. It was really difficult to made, the render choice caused me many problems. I worked on this since yesterday, my eyes hurt pretty much now but I am happy with the result. :)

I hope to see more submissions. Don´t give up! :vbunny
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

made a submisison for the dragon theme. can't seem to find the stock for one of the pictures that i used sorry...

@team7
i really like that sig, it's amazing :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, I already submited my signature. It was really difficult to made, the render choice caused me many problems. I worked on this since yesterday, my eyes hurt pretty much now but I am happy with the result. :)

I hope to see more submissions. Don´t give up! :vbunny
And it turned out pretty cool

*claps*
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I can't wait to see the results! :smile-big

I have to make it two victories in a row! :shakefist
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, I already submited my signature. It was really difficult to made, the render choice caused me many problems. I worked on this since yesterday, my eyes hurt pretty much now but I am happy with the result. :)

I hope to see more submissions. Don´t give up! :vbunny

I really like yours. Mine made me feel cluttered and made me hate dragons. :P
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
The winner of the heart sig contest has been decided, and the winner is TeAm#7FoReVer! Congratulations! :confetti
Be sure to express your celebratory wishes to TeAm#7FoReVer on the red-hot signature! :whoabunny
:confetti​

I really like yours. Mine made me feel cluttered and made me hate dragons. :P
NinjahKat, I think your submission is very nice (especially for your first one) and not that cluttered at all. The intertwining of the two dragons is dynamic and beautiful in a primal way like fire and ice. That ball in the middle also makes me think of the golden snitch from Harry Potter, but I know that is not what it is meant to be. :amuse

I can't make out what the image you used in the background is supposed to be, but it looks really interesting and cool; is it from something or original? It reminds me of an image a friend of mine made in a graphic design course.
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The design in the background isn't really supposed to be anything in particular. It's just supposed to represent the clash of two opposing forces. So the two colors in the background join together in the middle.

For the background design I just overlayed this and played with it a little: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3085/9copiaeu4.png - which was not made by me.

Not sure how I did the middle part of the background. Luck mostly.

The center thing reminded me of the golden snitch too :p I don't even know what they're fighting over. Maybe it's an egg or something. I don't know much about dragons.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratz TeAm#7FoReVer! :thumbs

I wish you all the best for the future sig contests. :smile-big
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

made a submisison for the dragon theme. can't seem to find the stock for one of the pictures that i used sorry...
If you still have the pictures you used you can upload them to this and it'll find websites with the same picture on it. You could use them to source it.

http://www.tineye.com/
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I really like yours. Mine made me feel cluttered and made me hate dragons. :P
Thanks. IMO, I like very much your signature. The render and the color choice are excellent, pretty creative.

:confetti
The winner of the heart sig contest has been decided, and the winner is TeAm#7FoReVer! Congratulations! :confetti
Be sure to express your celebratory wishes to TeAm#7FoReVer on the red-hot signature! :whoabunny
:confetti​
Thanks everybody who voted for my signature, it was very close to a tie.:o
All the submissions were wonderful. Good luck for the next contest. :tem

Just three? :?bunny
More signatures, please... :cheerbunny

Congratz TeAm#7FoReVer! :thumbs

I wish you all the best for the future sig contests. :smile-big
Thanks, I wish you the best too. :occa
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have been sick for the past several days, but I am glad to see that two more submissions have been made in my absence!!! They both look very nice. :hbunny

A new sig contest will soon be starting, and I had two ideas for it based on the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick's Day. As such, I have added a poll to this thread so that you can help me decide. Feel free to post your thoughts in addition to the vote. :tem

If you still have the pictures you used you can upload them to this and it'll find websites with the same picture on it. You could use them to source it.

http://www.tineye.com/
Thank you so much for posting this, NinjahKat! :kissbunny This should be a great resource for everyone. I would suggest people bookmark this site as it may become useful for you at some future point. :)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I voted for luck (lol sounds/feels wrong when you read it!). I reckon that theme would be a real challenge for all of us. Arigato NinjahKat! That's a really useful website! :thumbs

I've been experimenting in these past two sig contests on how to attract votes and I must say this coming week I think I've cracked the formulae! :D The person who's inspired/influenced me the most with this, is definitely this guy right here....


Let the voting commence... :woo
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you so much for posting this, NinjahKat! :kissbunny This should be a great resource for everyone. I would suggest people bookmark this site as it may become useful for you at some future point. :)
No problem. It doesn't work well with some pictures. But it works the quite well with anime ones.


And bleh! Green is my least favorite color. :darn
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I voted for luck (lol sounds/feels wrong when you read it!). I reckon that theme would be a real challenge for all of us. Arigato NinjahKat! That's a really useful website! :thumbs

I've been experimenting in these past two sig contests on how to attract votes and I must say this coming week I think I've cracked the formulae! :D The person who's inspired/influenced me the most with this, is definitely this guy right here....


Let the voting commence... :woo
Is that a threat? XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top