All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratz bro :) keep up the good work.

And cmon ppl, submit for the moon contest, it's fairly easy to come up with an idea to such a general theme.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

congrats man :D a close but well deserved win :)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

*Warning: smiley abuse.*

:confetti
The winner of the memory contest has been decided in a very close race! The winner, earning his first solo sig contest victory,​
....:noworry​
is ~Buggy*Fly~!! Congratulations!!! :cheerbunny
:confetti

Be sure wish him congratulations for his wonderful win! :tem
​
:nuts
Arigatou gozaimasu~
:occa Pokemon FTW! :occa​

I would like to thank the four votees (-me), myself and the "artists" I have credited/sourced in this particular sig contest. Thanks as always goes to Tsukisama; who takes care of this very special section of MH and for the awesome theme choice(s). You deserve a promotion. Overdue!? I know. :hurr

Oh yea and the biggest thanks goes to all my fellow contestants! Great sigs as always, thanks for participating and keep up the great work(s)! :thumbs

Congratulations on your first win ~Buggy*Fly~ :cheerbunny

We look forward to many more masterpieces from you in the future.
Thanks. I hope so too.

Gecko, will you be participating in these sig contests soon? Is that why you've been snooping around, lately, in this section? :P What's the catch? jk :shifty

Join in! :yelling
Congratz bro keep up the good work
Thanks! Me hugs all the contestants. :hug

Btw - Very nice new avatar & sig combo. ;)
congrats man a close but well deserved win
Thanks! I know! I thought Coffee would do one better again (and he did imho) this time around.
Graaaatz Jiiiiin!!!!^^ Pokemon was a good choice!
LaaaaaLa!!! Thank you and thank you again for not robbing me this time around! I joke. xD

Where's your moon sig? You too, Coffee! :notrust
I hope we get more moon entries soon. The two we currently look lovely but also very lonely. :worrybunny
And cmon ppl, submit for the moon contest, it's fairly easy to come up with an idea to such a general theme.
I'm sure there'll be more entries by the end of this week. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make a sig for the current contest as I will be abroad on holiday. If I'm lucky and I find a comp with PS or Paint or Gimp lol, I'll try and make one before the deadline, if not then I wish all the contestants the best of luck and I'll see you all very soon again! :D

Bug~​

:confetti
Congrats JinbeiDMaster!!! :XD
:confetti​
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Jin!!!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Good job Jin!! Congratulations!
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

[QUOTE="Tsukisama]The regular signature dimension and size restriction still applies unless stated otherwise. Having said that, your signature cannot exceed 170x550px and 300kb.[/QUOTE]

This made me think of what I think would be a fun and different theme...
We could have a theme where the dimensions are different and required to be certain figures, like maybe have a Vertical Theme or some type of Odd Shaped theme...or maybe even a Big Sig Theme... LOL~

Just my random thoughts for the day.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The only problem with that is that it would not really qualify as a signature by MH standards. :sweat All of the submissions in the Sig Contest should be something that you could actually use as your signature if you wanted.

You could always make that type of submission into one of the appropriate seasonal art contests, which also deserve some love and support. ;)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

T_T well that makes me feel pretty dumb~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No! Please don't feel bad! :worrybunny It was a nice idea, and there are no such things as dumb questions or suggestions. Keep on thinking! I am always welcome for your ideas. :cheerbunny


Voting has begun on the moon sig contest. There are five submissions, but the submissions look pretty good all around. Who will win? You decide. Cast your vote; you've got a week! :tem

The latest contest is up, and the theme is underwater. I think this is a conglomeration of one of Buggy's themes and a theme I had. On my list of themes, I have "undersea" crossed out and "underwater" written beside it; thus, I think I must have seen Buggy's (or perhaps someone else's :amuse) suggestion and expanded it to be more inclusive. Anyway, I'm sure you can understand all of the possibilities for this; the only thing that needs to included in your submission is something underwater. :p


Additionally, you will have one week to vote for your favorite winning Sig Contest signature of the spring season. Please cast your vote here. The winner will get lovely rewards. :luv
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was waiting for this Theme Tsukisams, thank you~~

Anyways speaking of water type themes, how about a Reflection Theme?


Sorry about the mistype~
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Reflection? Hmm... :?bunny That might not be bad actually. There are several various avenues one could go with it: water, mirrors, contemplation, etc. I like it. :thumbs I've added it to the list. :hbunny
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks. I hope so too.

Gecko, will you be participating in these sig contests soon? Is that why you've been snooping around, lately, in this section? :P What's the catch? jk :shifty

Join in! :yelling
Snooping around? How indignified :p

I've just been impressed with the consistently high standard of signatures here, that's all. As for actually joining in, personally, I have the creativity of a doornail and the Photoshop skills of a baby so it's not going to happen any time soon. However, I will continue to drop by a post a few comments occasionally.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Dammn ! too many ideas came at once when I read the new theme :)
One of them is pretty brilliant but it requires coloring a scan ... Maybe it'll take more time than it usually does haha.
Good luck to everyone and I hope we see more signatures than last week.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Interesting sig, Farfalla, I always do enjoy the pop-out types like that~
The eyes of the character are catching too.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ah crap! I just made a sig of Jiraiya dying too. It's pretty different from yours though, so if you don't mind I'll still submit it anyway.


Here's the preview...still needs refining.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Lol i don't mind at all XD I was actually gonna use that image for my sig but i chose not to :)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank u!^^ Saw this effect on the web and decided to try... There's a lot of flaws in what I did xD but at least I could see how is to do something like that^^
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@kakashi919 - Great! I wasn't even going to make an underwater sig, but I thought of this idea in bed last night, it's one of my sister's favorite scenes from the manga. I fooled around with it most of the day, though I need to get some bubbles in there...

Btw, I loved your sig for the tears theme, I'm terribly obsessed with Naruto, and he and Gaara a two of my favorite characters.:D


@ Farfalla - I also really like the text effect you used, I love sigs that are not just rectangles. They look more professional and dynamic, great work!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top