All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ya Ive also noticed with Photoshop CS5, (and CS4?) that since they have their own built in animation options, that the output is always extremely lossy when saving it as a Gif. Back in CS3, which I have on my desktop system, when you wanted to animate it would export the image over to a different program (ImageReady) and you could save a lot of the data, though of course, keeping it at a large file size.
hmm... I haven't tried to do a gif with cs5... upgraded this year from cs3... I'll make some experiments...

about the saber sigs, debaron pointed out the blur for a perspective effect... I think that because there's no blur in the sword the perspective sense gets a little lost, maybe that's why it standed out... there're two focal points... about the details on the hand I won't comment because I'm not sure of what I see @__@
(monday morning my computer will get a check up... finally)

ehh interesting themes...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Good Point about the sword nanaDmari. I, for some reason, felt that I shouldnt blur the sword.... and smooth sig!! I was also thinking about doing "Not only angels have wings" or later when I was digging in my renders found a nice one of Tenshi/Kanade from Angel Beats, and then I was thinking of a "An Angel Without Wings" title.

Anyways though I havent blurred the sword on these either =
With Lighting -

With Lighting And Blurring -


Wanted to add @ Nana, that I liked the style of your sig, and the text is cool, it reminds me of something, I cant quite put my finger on, a show or something that had text like that....
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

that is pretty epic though, I saved it ~
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Nice, I have all Berserk scanned and cleaned already :) I thought I could color some pannels someday, but I would just screw them up because they are so epic that you cant touch them :S

Anyway, I am sorry I'm not active these days...
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Nice, I have all Berserk scanned and cleaned already :) I thought I could color some pannels someday, but I would just screw them up because they are so epic that you cant touch them :S
Haha damn that's kinda the situation I'm in. To be honest I think they're damn hard to colour anyways because of the very detailled original lines, it's sooo much more effort than for usual manga style.
I started saving pages at the beginning of Golden Ages arc and really only wanted to save the very best shots. I ended up with a 60mb folder of almost 400 images.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Roflkopt3r - Wow, that Berserk art looks great! I haven't read it. That dragon panel would be great for a coloring contest.

@Coffee - On the updated sigs, I think the combination of bluring and lighting effects looks best. What a great 3D effect, the sig looks superb!:D And I would keep the sword not blurred. For some reason making any blade blurry always looks wrong to me.

Question: If I post my Zoro coloring in th OP art section, would anyone here possibly offer some critics and/or comments?
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Good Point about the sword nanaDmari. I, for some reason, felt that I shouldnt blur the sword.... and smooth sig!! I was also thinking about doing "Not only angels have wings" or later when I was digging in my renders found a nice one of Tenshi/Kanade from Angel Beats, and then I was thinking of a "An Angel Without Wings" title.

Anyways though I havent blurred the sword on these either =
<hr noshade size="1">
Wanted to add @ Nana, that I liked the style of your sig, and the text is cool, it reminds me of something, I cant quite put my finger on, a show or something that had text like that....
It's a lot better, and even though you haven't blurred the sword, because of the background you already have a impression that it's unfocused... the perspective is great in these ones, the lighting with blur gives a good sense of that...

thank you... I thought of old photos and kind of that survival horror games' style, like silent hill... it was my first inspiration for the sig... I ended up not posting it here because I knew I wouldn't have time for corrections, as today there was no electricity here till 2 o'clock and tomorrow I'll take my computer for a check up --_--"

wow, that dragon is amazing ._.
I've never read berserk, now I got curious...


@debaron - I could try making some comments :]
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Lol, Well I requested for a change of status to Artist, in the mentioned Thread, and brought it up here as well, now Im just waiting for a response XD


Also, I started coloring that dragon for funz! XD lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/SSXVegeta/colorzzzzinz.png
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Whoa :o looks cool. But for some reason, it seems to me that color isn't suited for this manga lol. It just looks epic in black and white.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

And the entire forum seems to be dead now...
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

And the entire forum seems to be dead now...
I agree, all my subscriptions are not showing up :)
I think that this is because of the low quality Naruto chaters...
Anyway, let's try and keep the art section alive :S I think Ima pay Photoshop a visit this weekend.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Made a new sig out of boredom :amuse
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

heheh I like it! Time to share another random sig of mine ~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That sig looks awesome :o

Gonna take a nap :amuse work tomorrow :(

Will make some more sigs tomrrow! Hopefully... :tem
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hahah Ill try to make another 1 or 2 as well~


and when did I become artist? XD
 
Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Damn, I used that Thumbnail button and now my submission thumbnail is in minimal size while I can't edit it °_°

Yeah, I just posted that old half-finished Bleach sig which I personally don't even like (though a guy on another page loved it). I hoped for a brainwave to strike me accidentially while I work on other stuff, but that didn't happen so I just posted this one - better adding a low quality thing to it than nothing I thought, contests live by participation after all.

By that time I wonder in which colourisation contest I should participate. Advanced/Veteran makes it feel arrogant for me to participate, while I don't want to take the fun away from those who really just started and don't have experience in the beginners contest, by participating too long in it.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Roflkopt3r: Go for Advanced contest. There is no place for you in the beginner one :) you are way too skilled for that.

Btw, here's a signature that I made this morning. Any questions/critics are welcome:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top