All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well Tsukisama, you'll need see "lost canvas" to remember who are this GS. :D
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well Tsukisama, you'll need see "lost canvas" to remember who are this GS. :D
I watch the Lost Canvas! So, it isn't Tenma then? Who is it? Who? Who?!? :wtf
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

In the same time, with Shion e Dohko, he is Sagita no Sisyphus. xD
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations leafです :thumbs!!!

The next entry is by Sasori, another golden member (an allusion to their orange usernames ;)). The theme for this submission seems to be Konohagakure and Naruto from Naruto. That scene with Naruto looks somehow familiar (although I can't remember him ever in a cool pose with a senbon needle in his mouth). Is it from an anime/manga scene? Naruto totally works here, especially with his golden (yellow) hair, the bottom of which just barely makes it into the submission.

What really does it for me is the background. I love the golden leaves in the background and the autumnal imagery. It really complements the real-life scenery and interestingly juxtaposes with Farfalla's more vernal submission. (You two didn't scheme this, did you? :wtf:p) You also make use of a common theme associated with autumn: nostalgia. Naruto looking back on the golden days of Konoha while watching the falling of the golden autumn leaves is great. (Plus, on a smaller note, you are also working the konoha = leaf angle too, which adds even more to the subtext.) I imagine this is an older Naruto looking back over the many adventures and noble shinobi he has encountered over the years, as I find it hard to imagine the current Naruto like this just yet. Good job! :kkthumbs/QUOTE]

Tsukisama-senpai :hug
You're always very gentle, thank you very much for your opinion so detailed every time!
About my sig, you're right, Konoha=Leaf and Naruto has golden hair. (I think you're the only one who associated the fallen leaves and Konoha, you're great (or maybe you're a mind reader :blink ). Plus, you noticed the nostalgia surrounding all the scene, in this autumnal scenery, Naruto remember the golden days in Konoha, maybe all the time passed long time ago with his best friends Sasuke, Sakura and why not... Kakashi sensei.
Naruto image with the senbon needle is from the anime, do you remember the ending theme n°6 (you can see here).
Finally, about this ---> "It really complements the real-life scenery and interestingly juxtaposes with Farfalla's more vernal submission. (You two didn't scheme this, did you? :wtf :p)"... maybe next time we'll plan something together... :nosebleed
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

In the same time, with Shion e Dohko, he is Sagita no Sisyphus. xD
Ah! Of course it is the one gold saint that I didn't even consider. It is just so hard to differentiate him without his wings IMO. Well, since it is Sisyphus, your signature about golden loyalty is even more appropriate. (For those who don't get that reference, I suggest you read Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and learn what true loyalty and devotion is from the example of Sisyphus-sama! :crying)

Congratulations leafです :thumbs!!!

Tsukisama-senpai :hug
You're always very gentle, thank you very much for your opinion so detailed every time!
About my sig, you're right, Konoha=Leaf and Naruto has golden hair. (I think you're the only one who associated the fallen leaves and Konoha, you're great (or maybe you're a mind reader :blink ). Plus, you noticed the nostalgia surrounding all the scene, in this autumnal scenery, Naruto remember the golden days in Konoha, maybe all the time passed long time ago with his best friends Sasuke, Sakura and why not... Kakashi sensei.
Naruto image with the senbon needle is from the anime, do you remember the ending theme n°6 (you can see here).
Finally, about this ---> "It really complements the real-life scenery and interestingly juxtaposes with Farfalla's more vernal submission. (You two didn't scheme this, did you? :wtf :p)"... maybe next time we'll plan something together... :nosebleed
I am glad you appreciate my comments, and thank you for your equally detailed response. :hbunny
I knew that I had seen that image before! That ending wasn't one of my favorite endings (I wasn't that into the song); so, that explains why the scene isn't sticking in my memory for such a recent anime ending. :amuse Thanks for posting the link.

It would be interesting to see if you guys (or any of you all) were to collaborate secretly to coordinate your submissions. Just don't do it too often, or else it will seem sort of unfair like teaming up to take on the competition. ;)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

my submission is up for gold theme. a really cool theme if not one of my favorite :) all the submissions are really good!

congrats to leaf on winning the last one!
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I forget! GZ Leaf! :D
 

leafです

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thanks everybody. :)

Great sigs this SOTW.:amuse
I should be able to think of an idea for my sig eventually.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Wow, you gave more meaning to my sig I did XD
This text... I tried to use a music lyric (I used google on this one, so I dont remember what music was ._.), in the end, the text was just too big ç.ç So I took part of the idea and invented a sentence. It's a little weird, in my opinion o.o
And we're opposites^^ Here's spring, and I'm longing for the fall...
The pet I believe is a dog^^ And the art is original, I think. The girl who made has a website with some images that look her own.
The pink and orange I used to look like is almost sunset (I continued with then along the border to make it soft).
Thanks for the complimments^^ I'm glod to be back. As I said before, I missed you, guys. Good luck to all =*
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats, leafです! Pure win. :amuse
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

my submission is up for gold theme. a really cool theme if not one of my favorite :) all the submissions are really good!

congrats to leaf on winning the last one!
I'm really glad you like this theme! :D When I come up with them, I try to make them rather varied. So, some are meant to be more unconventional than others, but this one seems rather broad and conventional, which is good sometimes.

Your submission looks nice. Super Saiyan Vegeta (or is this SSJ2 Vegeta :amuse) and SSJ3 Goku illuminate the signature with their golden ki. The sparks between them are flying, and we get to see yet another emotional connenction that wasn't shown in the previous submissions: rivalry (although there are quite a lot of fanfictions that suggest there may be more to this intense rivalry :yaoi). The look between the two of them is so intense that the tension is palpable. (I've been watching the old episodes of DBZ via Dragon Ball Kai. It isn't up to anywhere near where these stages would be shown.) I really like it! :cheerbunny

Concerning your stock images, this one is showing a bit of an erroneous message; it says you should link the page and not the image. If you want to fix the link, just post the new link here, and I'll update your post. :)

Also, I am having a hard time recognizing in your post where the first stock image is used. I guess the golden sky image is overpowered by Goku and Vegeta's ki. It is over 9,000 after all! :gigglebunny
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

sorry about the bad link i will post a new link tomorrow... as for the first stock pic i only used it to get the gold color ;)

it's Majin Vegeta when he was under buu's control or whatever :s glad you like it :D

thanks for the feedback! sleep time.... :darn
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Abaixo o Amarelo!
I never can make a good art with yellow ... shame D=


Oh, sry for the double post..
~ My signature is based on FMA 3ºOP - Golden Time Lover by Sukime switch
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Abaixo o Amarelo!
I never can make a good art with yellow ... shame D=
<hr noshade size="1">
Oh, sry for the double post..
~ My signature is based on FMA 3ºOP - Golden Time Lover by Sukime switch
Thank you for the submission, dHEKU. You took a more unconventional approach to the theme with the concept of "golden time." I am not sure that I have heard that term in English exactly the way you phrased it, but I understand the sentiment that is being conveyed (I think) and it is a nice submission. Is "golden time" a common phrase in Brazil, and if so, would oyu mind explaining its exact meaning for me? :tem

It is nice to see an FMA-themed signature. I can't say I have ever seen FMA used as a muse for a submission in these contests before. We can only see Al's hand. (I don't know much about card games. What are they playing, and does he have a good hand? :?bunny) I suppose it is not about who wins or loses, but the "golden" time had spent amongst friends and family, ne? :amuse

The current contest closes tomorrow; so, any last-minute submissions should be made soon.

Concerning the next theme that I had in mind, it is probably a more abstract and unconventional. As such, I'll tell you now (1 day early) to get your thoughts on it. The theme is old age.

It seems like it would be an appropriate theme for this season, and I haven't ever seen any theme that focus on old age and/or the elderly. There are plenty of elderly anime/manga/etc. characters to use for muses; so, it shouldn't be that difficult. What do you think?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

We could use Tsunade xP *just kidding*
Well, it really all depends on your personal concept of old age. If she fits, use her. :tem She certainly finds a way of defying old age. :amuse
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I managed to enter this week ^^.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

old age huh... i already have an idea :D

cool entry aka! didn't expect to see jamie fox in anyone's sig lol
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I managed to enter this week ^^.
Thanks for the submission!!! I am glad you were able to make it into this contest. Your submission looks very nicely done. Gold works well with Jamie Foxx. I am not sure if you have ever heard the song "Gold Digger" by him, but when I saw him in your signature, I suddenly started thinking of that song for some reason. :XD

Jamie Foxx has been in a couple movies as a soldier, I think. I haven't seen The Kingdom. (I don't usually watch a lot of fighting-intensive movies.) Do you really like that film, and would you recommend watching it? :)

Without having seen the movie, there is not much else I can say on that regard, but the signature is really well done. The way you have the sunlight coming from behind him is really pretty. The various lines of light in the foreground make it seem as though this is a camera shot with a lens that has been scratched by dust or something, which enhances to the picture's war setting. In the U.S., it was Veterans' Day a few days ago; so, this picture is very well-timed. Overall, you have done another lovely job! : hbunny

Voting for the gold theme contest is available. Good luck to all entries!!! :cheerbunny

The new contest is up, and like I said before, the theme is old age. I give a pretty decent description of the possibilities in which you can go with this theme in the submission thread, but for those who don't read my little comments in the first post of the submission threads, you could make your submissions about an old character. This character doesn't even have to look really old. You could check out this anime trope entry for some idea of what I'm saying. You also do a submission on the process of growing old. I think this is a really neat theme, and I hope you guys like it as well. :tem
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just wasted the last 2 1/2 hours of my life..... making this gold sig.... UGH!!!!!!!!!!! ;bash Anyways... I got a few ideas for the old theme.... and The Kingdom was boring as heck imo... took me like four days to watch it 'cuz I kept sleeping...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top