All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Razeus, can we make a team? We have time?
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Razeus, can we make a team? We have time?
Sure just PM the PSD and such.

Cast: Yep sure was and I was the starter for this XD.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Im willing to make one if anyone wants/needs a partner~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations to TeAm#7FoReVer for winning the rain contest!!! :confetti
I believe that this is another first-time winner, and so TeAm#7FoReVer deserves extra special laudation. :tem

Also, we have our first submission for the cooperation contest by Razeus and Andrews! It looks very good. I checked out the stock photo (lovely choice, by the way), and you both did a masterful job in turning it into that sig. If you don't mind me asking, would you care to talk about how you two worked together on this? :)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It was very nice~

and it also looks like I got shunned
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It was very nice~

and it also looks like I got shunned
Don't be discouraged! Someone might still be your partner yet, and if you can't find a partner by Monday, then I will be your partner. :amuse I don't have any image-altering software other than Microsoft Paint, but I could help you with ideas if you want. :)
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Gogogo Tsukisama! xD

About the sign: I thought about the first idea and make a sketch in Photoshop, then send the .psd file to Razeus. He make the magic. xD A very good light effect, some "cut" to make the image more clear, and a new brush with more "movement".

He can tell more.


Oh! And GZ to TeAm#7FoReVer. Very good work.
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti :clap Congrats TeAm#7FoReVer :clap :confetti

Fabolous rain sig, you deserved it :thumbs Well done :clap to the other entires as well! :)
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations to TeAm#7FoReVer for winning the rain contest!!! :confetti
I believe that this is another first-time winner, and so TeAm#7FoReVer deserves extra special laudation. :tem

Also, we have our first submission for the cooperation contest by Razeus and Andrews! It looks very good. I checked out the stock photo (lovely choice, by the way), and you both did a masterful job in turning it into that sig. If you don't mind me asking, would you care to talk about how you two worked together on this? :)
Well first he sent me the stock turned at a angle to make it have flow and added some vector brushes on the side and the words soldiarity.



Next I used a soft brush at 70% opacity to erase some of the stock and moves the vector brushes next to the focal point and erased alittle of the brushes to.

Then I added lightning by using a soft brush at 100px and set the layer to linear dodge after several lightning I applied the image on a new layer and sharpen it and set the layer at 50%.

Finally added a color texture at lighten and lowered it down to about 30%
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

^ Great team effort! :thumbs It looks soooo goood :nuts I love the blue :luv
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey folks! J

Just to let the mods know that I'm waiting for Farfalla to send back our sig because we had to make some minor adjustments....hopefully we will be able to post it before the deadline! :s *prays*

Take care for now! :bye
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks for extra support pressure dHEKU!!! lol :amuse

:sweat I'm sorry folks Farfalla didn't get back to me, It's not her fault though! :)

Naturally, the time zone has an impact as well with these sort of things :XD


Edit: Yatta! :tem We made it!

Sorry for posting yet again! Farfalla has had trouble with her computer so we decided to submit what we already had developed so far! :sweat It's my first try, so I hope I wasn't a burden for you Farfalla! :p

I'm looking forward to participating and submitting more work in the near future! :thumbs
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It wasn't at all x*** Sorry for not being able to finish the sig T.T~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No problem Farfalla! No need to be sorry :tem I'm happy with our work! :)

I think it's only two entries for this contest!? :blink I thought there would at least be a minimum of three :s
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yeah, I have noticed the lack of entries thus far. Since this is a colloboration contest and requires two people coordinating their efforts, obviously it will take a little longer. So I am extending the contest for another week. Does that sound like a sufficient amount of time for everyone to finish their entries? :tem (I don't really want to extend it past another week, or else we will miss the Valentine's-Day-inspired theme that is coming next. ;))
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

LOL! :eek OMG after all the pain and stress :faint in trying to get our sig submitted in on time our saviour; Tsukisama gives us another week!!! :XD

:whoo :whoo :whoo​

Let's make the adjustments Farfalla! If your up for it! :p




o0o0oh :blink Valentine's day theme coming up soon hey.....:smile-big
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Just post in this thread if you are going to resubmit. That way, I will delete your old submission for you. :hbunny

Also, the next theme is inspired by Valentine's Day, but it isn't necessarily a Valentine's Day theme. ;) I wonder if anyone will be able to guess it. :)
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Passion? xD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

valentine's theme huh? sounds interesting....

i really like andrews' and razeus' submission. the colors blend in really good together and the children hel.ping each other brings back memories :D

looking forward to farfala's and buggy's final submission
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top