Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010
I agree with Shin Akuma though... the picture of team kakashi should be more visible than sasuke's actual reflection. Seeing the picture more clearly would show a deeper meaning of the reflection theme imo. A blend of actual reflection and reflecting on the past.
I might totally come to a deadlock with this point of mine, but I still think that the current version is at least as viable as your idea

So, let me try to put my thoughts into words once more:
-Either the photo or the reflection becomes the first thing visible, depending on the optical design. The less obvious thing becomes the second thing the observer notices. If Sasuke's reflection is stronger, the observer first sees the reflection and then the photo, and vice versa.
-I'm prone to rate the
second thing to be seen higher than the obvious. It's the same like a reasoning text to me: The strongest points should be at the end to have the largest impact. And: The more subtle detail always seems more important than the superficial appearance, making the part beeing noticed secondly more important.
For this image, it there would be two ways of thoughts according to this:
-The observer sees the photo, and then Sasuke beeing reflected in it.
-The observer sees Sasuke's reflection, and then what he's reflected in
So, in a way putting the reflection as the obvious, superficial part really makes the reflection itself less important. But by putting it first, the "idea" behind the reflection, that it's a reflection of himself in team 7, becomes more important. And I think that's more meaningful in a way.
Yeah I see I'm totally getting carried away by small details. I think that as the effect looks very fine anyways, the best optical look might be more important than such trifold thoughts
