All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks again for the additional feedback everyone. :) I will definitely go with a smaller border. I guess I'm the only one who liked the big border.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So it seems that the PNG/JPEG issue is still going on, as I looked in to the Fire Sig Voting Area again, and there is no transparency in the sigs, effecting the transparent borders and my scanlines as well XD


PNG =

JPEG =
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So it seems that the PNG/JPEG issue is still going on, as I looked in to the Fire Sig Voting Area again, and there is no transparency in the sigs, effecting the transparent borders and my scanlines as well XD
Yeah, that's really too bad. I think the jpeg thing has only effected the rounded corners of my sig, and I think the rectangular shape actually looks better. :amuse I hope this gets fixed b/c it limits our options for future entries. I kinda thought about this problem when I made my reflection contest sig as I scraped the animated version and one that had a cut out shape.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
The winner of the fire sig contest has been decided, and despite it being close, the victor is Shin Akuma!!! :tem Amaterasu truly is the hottest of all fires, burning all others. Very good job! :hbunny
:confetti

Be sure to wish Shin Akuma congratulations on his fiery triump!​


One more thing: In case anyone was wondering, the reason for those few signatures becoming unable to be seen was that the code for those image tags became ineffective. Those signatures had something like this

Inoperable:
[noparse]
[/noparse]​

for the code. To make it visible, you would need to use the following code:

Working:
[noparse]
[/noparse]​

Notice that the second one is missing the file extension at the end. I hope that clears up any future confusion. :vbunny
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:cheerbunny
Congrats on the win Shin!!!
:confetti

You extinguished the competition! That sig was classic, can't beat Itachi!!!​

@Tsukisama - Thanks for clearing up the issue with the .png images. :)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Not the one I expected to win, but Congrats Shin~

(I thought BAN KAI would win)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
Congrats Shin Akuma!!!​
:confetti​

Very awesome fire sig indeed. I loved it. A well deserved victory!!! Great job! :thumbs

I'm so happy! It's still 1-2! :vbunny Bwhahahaha. 8D
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats!
Doesn't surprise me too much, but I'm surprised that Ban_Kai has so relatively few votes. Well, not many people voted so unforeseen distributions easily happen.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks everyone.
Let's work harder for future competitions xD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Shin! A well deserved victory indeed.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Just submitted by Reflection entry. :) I'm not sure if I'm 100% satistified with the final result, but I think it's still one of my better sigs. Thanks againe everyone for all the useful feedback.:D

Looking at the relfection entries again, I think it will be VERY HARD to beat Shin Akuma this week. IMO, that is one of your best sigs Shin. I just love it! :wtf And I'm not in the least familiar with that anime either.

I made a new sig yesterday. It was one of my initial ideas for the reflection contest, but I decided it didn't have a "real/litteral" reflection in it and was too similar to Kakashi's idea, so I chose to do something else. Maybe I can use it for the contest where you can use any of the past themes, I think it could work for Memory or Moon.

I'd really appreciate any critics/comments on my new sig. Thanks in advance!


Also, if you haven't done so already, don't forget to vote on the Summer Signature Contest and Summer Art Contests!!!
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron
I was just gonna ask why you didn't use the itachi sig lol. You had similar ideas as me, I also had an idea with the moon and that itachi render :p

I can't say that it has a lot of errors. The only thing that's bugging me a bit is the text under Itachi.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron8: Thanks. You should know that winning the competition is not the ultimate goal behind this contest. IMO, developping your abilities and sharpening your skills in Photoshop and other graphic softwares, should be the priority ^^.

If you havent watched Shigurui, I suggest you to do it :D they are the best samurai anime that I've ever seen.

Looking forward for the next theme.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Just submitted by Reflection entry. :) I'm not sure if I'm 100% satistified with the final result, but I think it's still one of my better sigs. Thanks againe everyone for all the useful feedback.:D
IMHO, the fire-themed sig contest had two outstanding pieces from both yourself (DeBaron8) and the eventual winner, Shin Akuma. I think it's your best work(s) to date imo. I love them both. Now, I'm not suggesting that the other entires were bad. So please don't take it that way guys! :sweat Keep it up, DeBaron8! :cheerbunny

All the "Reflection"-themed sigs are looking great. :nod
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron8: Thanks. You should know that winning the competition is not the ultimate goal behind this contest. IMO, developping your abilities and sharpening your skills in Photoshop and other graphic softwares, should be the priority ^^.
@Shin - Oh trust me winning is not my objective, I just want to make pretty signatures and improve my skills. I also really like coming up with the ideas for each theme, it helps me think more creatively and make artwork I never would have thought of on my own. I just wanted to express how awesome I thought your sig was for the reflection theme, even not considering the theme at all, it's one of my favorite sigs. I may just check out Shigurui as well, I love samurai themed stuff. Is it a manga too? I prefer to read manga over watching anime.

IMHO, the fire-themed sig contest had two outstanding pieces from both yourself (DeBaron8) and the eventual winner, Shin Akuma. I think it's your best work(s) to date imo. I love them both.
Thanks a lot Bugzee! :D

Now, I'm not suggesting that the other entries were bad.
Not sure if this was directed towards me? But, IMHO, many of my old entries were bad. I won't deny it. My first couple entries were literally the first things I ever made in PS and GIMP, other than colorings, and I'd only done those a few times.

I already feel that I have improved a lot, mostly because of everyone's helpful commentary and by seeing some really awesome sigs made by all of you guys. I now feel that I can make sigs for myself, that are not as shameful as before, which believe me, my sigs before participating here were really ugly.

I feel like I have already achieved what I initially hoped to do by participating in these contests. I can make a decent sig now. :) Any future improvements to my sig design skills and chatting with everyone here are just a nice bonus. :tem
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I may just check out Shigurui as well, I love samurai themed stuff. Is it a manga too? I prefer to read manga over watching anime.
I also prefer reading manga over watching anime but Shigurui is a special case. They really nailed the animation. It's a must watch! I wish I could release it from my mind to watch it again with the same excitement.


Just take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVJEoldlfAw
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Shin, may I see a PSD for the Claymore Sig, if you dont mind?


~For the past couple days I felt like I wasn't doing something that I usually do on MH, and that was reading Tsukisamas post on the new Theme.... and when I did =
Sig of the Week #120-121
September 18 - October 2 (2010)


The theme of the Week:
Reflection
​

Requirement: Signature must contain something related to reflection.

[tsuki]The idea behind this theme van be interpreted more figuratively or literally. By this, I mean that you can go for a physical reflection (like in a mirror or ray) or pensive reflection. Of course, media with "reflection" or "reflect" in their title work too! Good luck, have fun, and try not to get burned! :cheerbunny[/tsuki]​


Now this might be a sly tribute to Mr. T by Tsukisama, or it might just be a typo?​
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Tsukisama, I have a quick question in regards to the Summer Signature Contest;

What has happened to Farfalla's winning Underwater Signature? It didn't look like that when she submitted it and eventually won in that particular week. :blink

An error of some sort?

@ Coffee - you know the fire sig contest is over, right? :p
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Tsukisama, I have a quick question in regards to the Summer Signature Contest;

What has happened to Farfalla's winning Underwater Signature? It didn't look like that when she submitted it and eventually won in that particular week. :blink

An error of some sort?

@ Coffee - you know the fire sig contest is over, right? :p

Its the PNG/JPEG issue again Bugzee~ and Yesh I do and Whoops.. I guess I should make that more general~


~There, Fixed~


I seem to be the only one talking again.... T_T

anyways I think I may try another animation XD
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

^ Oh I see. Looking good now. :P

So yea, I just went ahead and submitted my reflection sig. Probably my worst piece to date imho. I lost patience with it tbh and I just left it. Eminem's one of my favourite artists of all time and he's gone through an interesting period *in the music business* recently; so I decided to base my reflection sig around him this time around. :amuse

This is probably going to be my last submission for a while now...I need to focus on my Uni studies. I'll try my best to stay as active as possible around here though.

Good luck everyone! :cheerbunny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top