All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Bugzee - Really? i actually like it. That's probably because I'm a huge eminem fan, but I think it's really good.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

You think so? Well, I'm not happy with it tbh. It wasn't the "final look" that I was hoping for. I had plenty of time to work on it before the deadline but I kinda got fed up with messing around with it. :sweat

Me likes your current sig a lot, kakashi919! :grin
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol I get fed up a lot trying to make things look good.

I like my current sig too, even though there's clearly a lot of mistakes, but i was too lazy to fix them >_>
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

By the way thanks to you I watched Shigurui and it's great. There's no topic for it on mangahelper forums though, or am I mistaken?
Great choice for a banner for sure. I think I detected at least one spectacular shot which I'm gonna use for sure one day :amuse
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

By the way thanks to you I watched Shigurui and it's great. There's no topic for it on mangahelper forums though, or am I mistaken?
Great choice for a banner for sure. I think I detected at least one spectacular shot which I'm gonna use for sure one day :amuse
No problem mate ;) I always want other people to enjoy the good things I experienced.
Looking forward to your Shigurui signature ;)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Haven't watched an anime in weeks and don't feel like watching any these days for some reason. If i wasn't feeling this way, I would have watched it, but I'll tell my brother about it and he will watch it ;)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi: I noticed that you made several signatures lately ;) and ihope that you don't mind me commenting on them.
I think that you have made a huge progress, Congratulations for that.
I have a suggestion for you: If you want your render to blend well with the signature duplicate it, switch the bottom one to linear dodge or color dodge and smudge it. you can make several duplications and smudge them. the bottom one should be more smudged than the one on top of it. (just change the smudge properties). In the end erase the edges of the top render (which should be left "normal" using a soft brush eraser.

I noticed that you erase the edges of you renders lately and it makes your work look blurry and less realistic.

I hope you find my advice useful. Good luck and keep up the good work.

@ Buggy-san:
Dude, that signature is good even though I don't like Eminem XD. Also, when a signature makes you mad, just force quit photoshop and go do something else, because you just cant have good results if you're mad/annoyed.
I wish you luck in the university and I hope that you find enough time to hang out with us here like you always do.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Shin Thanks :p
I don't erase the edges though, i smudge them too much and blur them way too much. Been practicing a lot and trying out different tutorials and different techniques. But yeah, i know what you mean. Still have a lot of improvement to make, but i don't have much time on the laptop these days.... so whenever i get the time i practice a bit.

Thanks for the advice :D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Buggy-san:
Dude, that signature is good even though I don't like Eminem XD. Also, when a signature makes you mad, just force quit photoshop and go do something else, because you just cant have good results if you're mad/annoyed.
I wish you luck in the university and I hope that you find enough time to hang out with us here like you always do.
Hey Shin! :)

I know what you mean. Trust me, I do! I always take "mini breaks" whenever I'm making an art piece but I just got tired of trying to amend some of the areas of my sig. Thanks anyway. =P

I considered going for something completely different and I was about to start on a reflection sig based around the manga; Until Death Do Us Part. Here's the picture I had in mind. Pretty sick, right? 8D

In the end, I didn't.

Why?

Because the base picture was just too perfect. :smile-big
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Submitted mine, and before anyone asks, .... No ......
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

On vacation so I don't have much time but...

@Coffee - Love that animation, it's very sutble and elegant.

@ Kakashi - Your current sig looks amazing, great improvments, love the renders and the fire effects are sweet! What is it from - FF perhaps?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron naw lol It's from Devil May Cry 4
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

On vacation so I don't have much time but...

@Coffee - Love that animation, it's very sutble and elegant.

@ Kakashi - Your current sig looks amazing, great improvments, love the renders and the fire effects are sweet! What is it from - FF perhaps?
Ya I figured Id go with the KISS method

Keep It Simple, Stupid lol


and I can guess where most of those 50+ votes are going to LOL
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Tsukisama, I have a quick question in regards to the Summer Signature Contest;

What has happened to Farfalla's winning Underwater Signature? It didn't look like that when she submitted it and eventually won in that particular week. :blink

An error of some sort?
Hmm... :?bunny I'm not sure. That is the image that is in the gallery, and it hasn't changed. It may have something to do with .png and .jpeg files.

~For the past couple days I felt like I wasn't doing something that I usually do on MH, and that was reading Tsukisamas post on the new Theme.... and when I did =


Now this might be a sly tribute to Mr. T by Tsukisama, or it might just be a typo?
Yes, a sly tribute... :shifty No, just kidding. I just made a typo :sweatbunny, but I am glad that you were able to find some meaning in it.

(I had noticed the typo a few days afterwards, but I thought that it wasn't that important and left it. Next time, I shall correct the mistake. :amuse Bloopers are fun sometimes though, ne? ;))


The voting period for the reflection sig contest has begun. There are six lovely signatures from which to choose. Decide which one come in first place by casting your vote. You have one week to reflect upon your decision. :tem

A new contest is up, and the theme is wings. Your submission obviously should have some sort of clear connection to wings. You could do your submission about a character with wings, a thing with wings (e.g., airplane, glider, etc.), or some work with "wings" in the title. I hope you enjoy the theme. For those with wings, fly to your dreams. :hb
 
Last edited:

Faux-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

A signature contest.. awesome. O_O

I just finished my entry for Wings, but I'm not sure if I can already submit my entry in the other thread right now...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Fauz-kun!

Welcome! Glad to see another member joining us in this awesome contest! :D Woah, already fnished huh? Yes, you can submit it straight away if you want. This is the thread you need to post it in. Make sure you read the first post, it'll only help you out more. ;)
 

Faux-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

oh okay! But I think imma get some feedback from here first. ^^

anyway, here it is:


tried some abstract-ish style in here. Would've like the kanji to be less blocky, but I can't find a font that has the kanji in it.

comment away~ gogogo
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

welcome faux :D
I would comment on the sig,but i'm on my psp and it looks grainy and from it,so maybe later xD.

Nice wings theme. Have a few ideas and i'm gonna try not to use an anime character for this one. Good luck to everyone :D
 

Faux-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

ahahaha, sure. ^^

yeah, the theme is definitely a challenge. best luck to all those who will join!
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

oh okay! But I think imma get some feedback from here first. ^^

anyway, here it is:


tried some abstract-ish style in here. Would've like the kanji to be less blocky, but I can't find a font that has the kanji in it.

comment away~ gogogo
Hi Faux, and welcome to the signature competition.

Nice color choice, good idea and great lighting. Those are the positive parts of your signature.
Let's me tell you what I think are the negative parts (I comment on the signature regardless of who made it... Some people feel bad when you tell them the wrong things with their signatures, but since you asked for feedback then I guess you have a professional spirit :D):

- The Purple parts of your signature seem a little sharp and they distract the eye from the center of the signature.
- The font you used doesn't go with the theme feeling :) I know you said that but it's important (you can find kanji fonts if you search a bit).
- The last bad thing is not important since we're not here to win, but to learn from each other: An abstract sig doesn't attract people, unless it's a 100% graphic design forum :P

Thank you for participating with us!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top