All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I'm running out of time. :iik
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

How much more time do you need? :?bunny
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Erm...maybe one more hour.

I just can't seem to make the sig look how I want it too atm. I've been playing around with all sorts of patterns/layouts. I might not make it. :darn
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

That is fine then. I shall let the contest run an hour or so longer. Just be sure to submit as soon as you're finished. :vbunny
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

You are so kind, Tsuki :luv


I'm just finishing it up RIGHT NOW! It should be uploaded in about 5/6mins!!! Hang on!!! :pmg :pmg :pmg
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

hmph! Hurry it up man! :yelling
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

All done!!! :confetti

Thank you Tsuki for giving me the additional time to finish up my siggy! :hug

There are a few things I wanted to polish up but I ran out of time. Appleseed and Appleseed 2: Ex Machina are two EPIC anime movies that I highly recommend everyone (even the guests/lurkers reading this) to WATCH! :nuts

There was a quote from the movie which I wanted to include in my sig:

…but I’ll fight on… for our children’s sake.
...but I didn't think it would suit the overall look of the sig nor did I have time to figure out where to place the text lol. I hope you all like it and I wish everyone the best of luck in the voting week! :)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Nice submision Jin! I like it. Though at first look, it reminded me of Final Fantasy Crisis Core :XD
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Voting for the future contest has now begun! Who will win? Only you can decide. Vote now with one week's time. The future waits for no one! :tem

The new contest is up, and the theme this time is shadow! Your submissions can be about anything related to shadows, including, but not limited to, actual shadows, shadowing, shadow manipulation, things with "shadow" in the name, and even shadow puppets! This should be a fun theme; so, why not step out of the shadows and join in! :cheerbunny
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Sweet! I like the new theme more than the future one tbh.

Maybe, I should work with that Pride (FMA) render. :headscratch
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Don't forget that you only have one more week to brainstorm which render you want to nominate for the same render contest! :wtf
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hmmm.... Shikamaru is the first character that comes to mind for the shadow theme. :oh
Meh..... I'm kind of fed up of trying to make sigs with Naruto characters TBH :bored
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Mhmm...

- Shadow Gear (Fairy Tail)
- Shunsui (Bleach)
- Gecko Moria (One Piece)

LOL! Those were some random things that came to mind for the shadow contest. xDDDD!
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Shadow the Hedgehog :facepalm

This is gonna be a hard theme for me -_-;
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hmm.... interesting new theme. First thing that comes to mind is Assassin's Creed. I wanted to make a sig about the game for the Light theme, but didn't find a suitable render to fit this quote: "We Work In The Shadows To Serve The Light." Mabye I'll try again, I think this theme opens up the render options for this idea.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Good luck, and don't let yourself be overshadowed!
hehehe~ very good theme Tsukisama, thank you!
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Here's my first attempt. I saw a sig in this style and liked it, so I thought I'd try it again. Basically it's a composite with some blurring and a few lighting effects. As always the text sucks, but I needed it for the theme....



I made this fast b/c I really need to do school steady work for two weeks and not think about anything else.


Ahh.. damn typos....
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Looks good DeBaron. The only problem I have is the text...it isn't blending in properly with the rest of the sig. I like it, good job :thumbs
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

- I know, I hate text. I never know what to do with it. Sometims it blends too much, or then it stands out too much.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

and if the Logo in the corner isnt a part of the original image, you should move or get rid of it~

for me it seems like this sorta blocks the light
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top