Discussion Allen vs Nea (who whose side would you be on?)

Whose side would you take? If you had to choose?

  • (14th) Nea D Campbell's side

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    6

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
So I noticed recently that there were these manga summary pages included with the last chapter, that shows who is on whose side. For example
Cross, Link and Leverive were on Nea's side
and
Johnny, and Kanda were on Allen's side.

So the question is: Whose side would you take, if you had to choose one? and why?

So I'll start the discussion with saying, I'd take Allen's side. I guess because I'm biased. We've watched him for such a long time, so I feel like I have cheer him on. Plus Allen is such a good guy, he'd never try to hurt anyone, EVEN now. Nea blatantly refuses to make a deal with Allen or even get to know him better, while Allen is trying his hardest to understand Nea.

So yeah, I want to hear everyone's opinion!
 

capricorn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
233
Reaction score
190
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
I don't know. There really isn't a clear answer to this. But if i were to compare myself to a character currently involved in this scenario i'd probably be more like Link. Yes I like Allen, but if the situation called for me to make the "big man's decision" between a friend and the fate of humanity itself i'd probably be inclined to choose humanity. For one there exists no easily discernible method to stop Nea's takeover anyway without killing Allen in the process (whether it be by method of Kanda or Apocryphos) and even if there was, good luck trying to convince yourself that you've made the right decision by eliminating the only convincing trump card you had against the Earl.
Who am I kidding though if there was a method to save Allen I would choose him. But right now in the heat of things saving him just seems like a fruitless cause.
 

Dlanor_A.Knox

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
335
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
For now I would be on Allens side... though I think that at the end Allen & 14th's side are both the same.
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Nea blatantly refuses to make a deal with Allen or even get to know him better, while Allen is trying his hardest to understand Nea.
Well, Nea hasn't exactly rejected Allen . All of their "meetings" have been half-hallucinations; Nea didn't even know what Allen looked like until he woke up in his body (although they've technically met multiple times). I honestly think that even this forced reincarnation was some sort of last-ditch effort of everyone involved. I don't think it has even crossed Nea's mind to try an amicable route. Everyone is just so steeped in war that they simply do not see any room for error, no matter how much their hearts cry out for a victimless solution.

This "Whole world vs. My world" question has been addressed through multiple characters (most notably Lenalee), and I really don't have an answer for myself. I don't think I would be strong enough to carry the weight of the deaths of millions on my shoulders, but at the same time I am completely aware of how selfish I am when it comes to my own happiness. Honestly, if I was in this story, I'd probably just kill myself early on to avoid all potential responsibility. Someone else can fight the war lol :outta
 
Top