Allen Walker prediction thread. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Allen Walker prediction thread.

Discarab

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First off, I copied and pasted my theory from Tumblr. So forgive me if you see me sometimes refer to other posts. Anyway, here is my theory:

Okay, let me get it out of the way that I am a huge fan of Dgrayman. I’ve read everything, and have seen all of the show.

I agree with the theory that Allen might have been Booman’s previous apprentice. But I think there is more than that...

First off, what would change if Allen just ended up being a Bookman? It would be cool, but there would still be numerous questions about Allen remaining...

First.) Why is Allen’s innocence so desperate to keep him alive? We know there are dummy hearts, but Allen seems to be much more closely connected to innocence than anyone else.

Second.) If Allen was previously Jr Bookman’s apprentice, how did he get the innocence? Honestly this question could be easily answered with a simple reveal, but the next one cannot:

Third.) WTF is up with Allen’s curse?! We’ve seen in Krory’s castle Allen’s left eye act up. It seems like the curse has a consciousness of his own. Is it Mana? No... that wouldn’t make any sense as Mana is the Earl. And the man talking to him definitely isnt Nea, he doesn’t even look like him! So who is this “hidden consciousness” commanding Allen to “walk even further into the darkness?”

Allen constantly has this. His curse actively wants to search out for, and destroy demons. But why? If it were Mana or Nea they wouldn’t care. And I believe that - if the consciousness was some of Mana’s leftover memories - Allen’s curse would’ve activated around Noah.

I think Allen’s curse is the key to who, or what, he truly is.

Let me elaborate, think about it. We all know Hoshino loves her some Christian imagery. There’s Noah’s ark, stigmata, crown of thorns. But there is one thing that seems to be missing:

-The Devil

There is no “devil side” at all in D.Grayman. Road has stated that she and the other Noah’s were the “true apostles of god.” Twisted as it may be. Even though the Millennium Earl constantly says things like “detestable god,” etc. etc. He’s, in all likeliehood, just mocking the exorcists perception of God.

So we end up with two sides claiming to fight for God, but with no devil. Isn’t that strange? Isn’t that weird that the Devil is completely absent in a show like Dgrayman? (Yes I know we’ve seen the Earl with horns, but that was in his fake form.)

I think that Allen is the devil, or at least some major demon. Here me out, I know it just sounds like a fanboy trying to turn Allen into a Mary Sue, but there is some evidence...

First off, let’s look at the title:

D-Grayman.

At this point we know that “Gray” refers to Allen being both Exorcist and Noah. But what does the “D.” Stand for? It wouldn’t refer to Nea, or the “demonic” noah, as that would be redundant.

I think it refers to “Devil”

Why? How in the world could Allen be the Devil? Isn’t he the bookman’s old apprentice (if you believe that theory). The answer lies in the background...

Look at the painiting in Allen’s old BO room. It’s a clown carrying a coffin, along a dark path, with a chain tying him to the path. We know the coffin refers to Nea, and the chain representing Allen’s seemingly unchangeable fate. We also know that the clown represents Allen, but it is oddly demonic. Why would Hoshino bother to draw it that way when Allen’s supposedly an Exorcist? It even has horn-like ears!

But we all know a painting isn’t enough to prove this. Then how about Allen’s prophecy? That when darkness covers the earth, his innocence will produce an extraordinary destroyer of time.

Take a look at Allen’s dream in volume 19, the one where he’s pinned to a wall by his own sword...

First off, in those images he is in a MODERN CITY. You can even see the destroyed traffic lights. Second off, in the background you can see the image of a gigantic - white - sword piercing the earth. Who’s other sword could it be than Allen’s?

I think Nea and Mana’s family relationship is just a red herring. Nea has been quoted as saying that he wants to “kill Mana and become the Millennium Earl.” Road also said that Nea “cared for Mana.” I think what she’s saying is that, as Mana and Nea aged. Mana slowly began to lose his mind. So Nea decided to kill him, absorb him, and become the new fully-fledged Millennium Earl.

But if he just wants to destroy humanity, why did Cross help him? What’s the point in helping your enemy? I think Cross wants to help Nea because if he does, then the Earl can be killed...

After all, two Earls mean that the ME can keep resurrecting. I think Cross wanted to join Neas side for this reason. This makes sense as it fits with Neas apparent hatred - and want for destruction - of humanity. And Cross’s manipulative nature...

Next we get to the fabled “other side to the war.” Naturally, we all assume that means Nea. After all, he is trying to kill the Earl right? I think not. Maybe that was what he meant. But I think this is Hoshinos method of telling us that there is more than we think going on.

After all, at that point we already knew Allen was Neas host. So what would be the point in alluding to a side we, can reasonably assume, know already?

The answer is that Allen is more than just the host for Nea. He’s (maybe) more than bookmans old apprentice. He’s in fact the Devil D.Grayman has lacked.

Going back to Hevlaska’s prophecy. She says: “when darkness covers the earth...” she doesn’t say it was at the Earl’s hands. I think when she says Allen is the “destroyer of time,” she meant it literally. His innocence won’t destroy the Millennium Earl! For, if we believe that Past!Allen was bookmans old apprentice, Nea - who was a part of the Earl - must’ve had a hand in getting Allen his left hand.

This works because, guess what the Earls noah name is? Adam. The first man, and someone who definitely respects God. If anybody has the knowledge, or access, to force innocence upon someone, it would be the Earl(s).

So how can Allen be the devil, or a demon? Well besides all of the moments where Tyki, and the other noah, call Allen a “white devil,” or a “demon of God.” There is also evidence in the akuma.

With every evolution akuma seem to become more and more angelic. Level four looks like a twisted angel. While, on the exorcists side, there is a common theme: blood.

Crystal types sacrifice their blood to make their weapons. Krory’s blood formed a devil like creature. And, at the beginning of the show, the police commissioner comments that Allen’s innocence looks like its “covered in blood.”

Blood, it’s quite strange for a “holy object” to hold such a - honestly demonic - fixation on blood. (Yes I know sacrifice and blood is an important theme of Christianity, but it is far from reserved to Christians.)

It seems as akuma grow more angelic, innocence gets more demonic. Krory’s practically a devil, Kanda can SUMMON demons, one of Lavi’s signature moves is “hellfire and ash.” And the generals? Well we’ve seen how demonic they can be in the 17th volume, where everyone becomes zombies. And then we add in apocryphos, who even the Noah are afraid of, there’s a good chance that innocence is more fickle than we think.

So how is Allen’s innocence different? Why does it save him? Lenalee saved her cause she was destined for a crystal type innocence, but why Allen?

I think Allen’s innocence is saving him because he is the perfect candidate for reincarnation, another major theme of the show. Past!Allen was shown to be smart and calculating. Just like a good chap named Lucifer.

To those who don’t know their bible lore, in his strive for power and wisdom, Satan tried to overthrow God. He was cast down to earth, who then misled Adam and Eve.

I think that if the innocence could be considered the “god crystal” I believe it was made by, not god, but Satan. That would explain how, as time passes, innocence becomes more demonic.

I think Satan made innocence to search out candidates for reincarnation. Or, at least, his descendent. Those who stray from the path become fallen ones, or perish. Remember, Adam and Eve weren’t the only ones in the Garden of Eden. Satan was always there, and was there with Noah.

Like the Noah, the “devil in all of us” could be hereditary. And is something sought out by innocence to search for the devil’s successor.

The Millennium Earl, Adam, wants to stop this reincarnation by destroying humanity. Stopping the devils method of reincarnation, while also transforming them into akuma. Where their “true purpose” is to become clean of the devils taint.

It’s a common theme in the Bible to suffer before one attains paradise. And this might be what the ME is trying to do. Save humanity by ridding it of the devils curse.

The man in Allen’s left eye is the devil. He wants Allen to kill akuma cause that adds to his chances of passing on his power. When he says “step further into the darkness” (remember the prophecy, when darkness covers the earth...) it really means Allen takes on the next step in his evolution.

After all, the curse has NOTHING TO DO WITH NEA. When Allen got that strange skull in Krory’s castle, that wasn’t part of his Noah transformation. That was him taking his first step to becoming the next devil, the one who would destroy time.

That’s why Allen’s innocence doesn’t transform him into a fallen one. And that’s how Past!Allen got the innocence in the first place. It attaches itself to Past!Allen due to his intellect, (maybe) Bookman-esc neutrality, and the sheer lack of care for helping - a seemingly demonic being - Nea.

Allen is the perfect host, that’s why his innocence seems to literally be transforming him into a monster. The sword is due to Nea’s influence. But the claw is all Devil.

Hell, look back at the ending of the very first season! The first image you see of the credits is the ME, Allen and Cross looking away from each other. This could be the “sides of the war” ME representing the Family of Noah and Akuma, Allen representing the Order, Cross representing Nea.

BUT THERE IS ANOTHER PERSON IN THE IMAGE, a hidden figure hiding behind the rest. That person is satan’s hidden influence.

So in summary-

Allen is the next devil, that’s why he is the destroyer of time.

All of his angelic looks allude to the fallen angel Lucifer.

And the reason his innocence is keeping him - specifically - alive. Remember, in the most recent chapters Allen’s innocence went haywire when Nea tried to use it. Is because Allen is the perfect host.