- Joined
- Apr 8, 2011
- Messages
- 2,106
- Reaction score
- 1,585
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I think the person of "Nanika" is in fact a demon possessing Alluka.
Now to set the record straight when I say demon I am not referring to it in the JudeoChristian sense of the word where they are basically entirely evil spirits.
(It should be noted that is not meant to be a blanket statement of JudeoChristian
beliefs on demonology. I am by no means an expert on the subject.)
However I think Nanika may be a demon in perhaps a somewhat Islamic sense.
That is to say Nanika is a Genie or more accurately...a Jinn or a demon (basically.)
I admit I know nothing about the subject so if anyone does feel free to add your 2 cents.
Part of my reason for thinking so is that I think the Zoldyck Family
may be partially inspired by Islam and Islamic culture.
Though I don't think the Zoldycks are Islamic themselves.
I think religion exists in HxH but in the same way Jappon does.
We will probably never learn of it and plot wise it probably doesn't matter.
But anyhow you may notice that
1. The Zolydycks are assassins. This term assassin comes from Islam/Islamic culture.
2.One of Killua's Yo-Yo has a Star of David. Normally this is thought of as a Jewish symbol but remember like Christianity and Judasim, Islam is one of the three major Abrahamic religions and there is a lot of overlapping early on. The Star of David is thus also Islamic
3. Republic of Padokea is basically Northern Africa which is predominately Islamic
I think there may be more allusions but I don't enough on the subject to see them
But I think the fact that Nanika grants wishes sounds a lot like a genie, don't it?
But I don't think is Aladdin's genie we are dealing with here. You know it's funny
how nobody has seemed to suggest that Nanika itself could be a danger to
Killua and Alluka. If Nanika itself is something like a Jinn then it could get dicey for Killua
Also I'm sure other people noticed as well but Alluka has a sorta "Shaman" feel.
Of course Shamans aren't Islamic but again I think Togashi likes to mix stuff.
A possible hint to Nanika being a literal Jinn is how the Zoldycks refer to Nanika
as "It" and the talk of "It" being from a "dark place" and how "It" is not family.
Both Killua and Silva may be right.
Killua is right. ALLUKA is family.
Silva is right. Nanika is NOT family.
But it sounds like there is some mystery surrounding Alluka. I dunno if he always
had Nanika or if something happened to him and then he got Nanika as a result.
However I have suspicions that Alluka and/or Nanika originated from the Dark Continent.
Demons on a continent. Literal hell on earth? No wonder they want to keep Pandora's box closed. And if this is the case you can imagine there will be men like Gyro who will try to take advantage.
Well I could be wrong and I'm sorry I don't have much more evidence.
But I think it could be interesting. YuYu Hakusho was all about demons
and it would be interesting to see how Togasi's take on them evolves
Now to set the record straight when I say demon I am not referring to it in the JudeoChristian sense of the word where they are basically entirely evil spirits.
(It should be noted that is not meant to be a blanket statement of JudeoChristian
beliefs on demonology. I am by no means an expert on the subject.)
However I think Nanika may be a demon in perhaps a somewhat Islamic sense.
That is to say Nanika is a Genie or more accurately...a Jinn or a demon (basically.)
I admit I know nothing about the subject so if anyone does feel free to add your 2 cents.
Part of my reason for thinking so is that I think the Zoldyck Family
may be partially inspired by Islam and Islamic culture.
Though I don't think the Zoldycks are Islamic themselves.
I think religion exists in HxH but in the same way Jappon does.
We will probably never learn of it and plot wise it probably doesn't matter.
But anyhow you may notice that
1. The Zolydycks are assassins. This term assassin comes from Islam/Islamic culture.
2.One of Killua's Yo-Yo has a Star of David. Normally this is thought of as a Jewish symbol but remember like Christianity and Judasim, Islam is one of the three major Abrahamic religions and there is a lot of overlapping early on. The Star of David is thus also Islamic
3. Republic of Padokea is basically Northern Africa which is predominately Islamic
I think there may be more allusions but I don't enough on the subject to see them
But I think the fact that Nanika grants wishes sounds a lot like a genie, don't it?
But I don't think is Aladdin's genie we are dealing with here. You know it's funny
how nobody has seemed to suggest that Nanika itself could be a danger to
Killua and Alluka. If Nanika itself is something like a Jinn then it could get dicey for Killua
Also I'm sure other people noticed as well but Alluka has a sorta "Shaman" feel.
Of course Shamans aren't Islamic but again I think Togashi likes to mix stuff.
A possible hint to Nanika being a literal Jinn is how the Zoldycks refer to Nanika
as "It" and the talk of "It" being from a "dark place" and how "It" is not family.
Both Killua and Silva may be right.
Killua is right. ALLUKA is family.
Silva is right. Nanika is NOT family.
But it sounds like there is some mystery surrounding Alluka. I dunno if he always
had Nanika or if something happened to him and then he got Nanika as a result.
However I have suspicions that Alluka and/or Nanika originated from the Dark Continent.
Demons on a continent. Literal hell on earth? No wonder they want to keep Pandora's box closed. And if this is the case you can imagine there will be men like Gyro who will try to take advantage.
Well I could be wrong and I'm sorry I don't have much more evidence.
But I think it could be interesting. YuYu Hakusho was all about demons
and it would be interesting to see how Togasi's take on them evolves
)