Discussion - Alvarez vs. Igneel | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Alvarez vs. Igneel

Who wins?

• Total voters

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Dude stop saying that when he's not going to do that. He didn't use it on FT so now he's doing to use it on Igneel?
Why didn't he use etherion? Cause of plot lmao. And also because he planned on turning back time instead of dealing with Acno at present (which he didn't for some reason, and instead fought Natsu for no reason at all lmao)

Acnologia could've one shot all the good guys, yet didn't (I'm talking of pre ravines, where he didn't need DS alive to stabilize his spirit). Hell, he couldn't catch up with one stupid ship lmao, while he's actually faster than dragons fast enough to traverse the entire continent within minutes.

Zeref has quite a lot of hax, including time stop that he didn't use. He's more skilled in enchantment than Eileen herself, yet didn't use any of it. All he used in fight against Natsu was freaking punches lmao.
Zeref was retarded due to plot. The same way most villains in the arc were.
August should technically have all Spriggan magic with possible exceptions of Bradman, Serena and Wahl, but he didn't use any of them either, right? Instead he killed himself after tanking the only source of damage his opponent has.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

FH can defeat Igneel if it is used properly. But the fact is , Zeref is a dumbass and he doesn't use it the way it should be used. Instead of connecting it to power up Fairy Sphere , he doesn't connect it to anything which results in his "Fairy Heart" form being at the same level as his base form. I'm not giving him the benefit of doubt that he will somehow gain the common sense to use it properly in this battle. Blame it on Mashima's stupid writing , but that's how it is. Intelligence is also a factor in battles. The fact that Mashima is willing to nerf FH in a stupid fashion so that Acno should be the final boss clearly tells us the author's intent at who's supposed to be more powerful.
Yep, this.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

People still don't understand it, FH is totally useless in a battle against Igneel or even Acnologia. The point of FH was overall for Zeref to travel into the past to kill weak Acnologia probably as Kid.
FH was never a powerup for Zeref to fight equal of Acnologia, he still don't want fight him, the gap was still to large even with FH.

Little power of Igneel give Natsu enough magic power to almost take out Base Zeref. Imagine Igneel with in his prime and strong stats, he gonna smack both versions of Zeref.

Igneel take this.
The powerup Zeref gets is irrelevant. I agree that it is nowhere even close enough to scratch Igneel.
But the point is that, while the powerup itself is limited, it is an infinite source of magic power. There are many other ways he can use FH. For starters, he can power up Fairy Sphere with enough magic to immobilize Igneel. Etherion is another option.

If used properly, an infinite supply of magic power in the hands of an immortal is the most broken stuff in the verse. Only Acno can possibly do something about it, since he can eat any magic. But Igneel or any other dragon can be taken down using it

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can see the logic of saying that Fairy Heart could win if used properly, though I'm generally not a fan of giving characters feats they haven't shown.
Igneel would win if FH Zeref fought the same way he fought Natsu.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why didn't he use etherion? Cause of plot lmao. And also because he planned on turning back time instead of dealing with Acno at present (which he didn't for some reason, and instead fought Natsu for no reason at all lmao)

Acnologia could've one shot all the good guys, yet didn't (I'm talking of pre ravines, where he didn't need DS alive to stabilize his spirit). Hell, he couldn't catch up with one stupid ship lmao, while he's actually faster than dragons fast enough to traverse the entire continent within minutes.

Zeref has quite a lot of hax, including time stop that he didn't use. He's more skilled in enchantment than Eileen herself, yet didn't use any of it. All he used in fight against Natsu was freaking punches lmao.
Zeref was retarded due to plot. The same way most villains in the arc were.
August should technically have all Spriggan magic with possible exceptions of Bradman, Serena and Wahl, but he didn't use any of them either, right? Instead he killed himself after tanking the only source of damage his opponent has.

Yep, this.

The powerup Zeref gets is irrelevant. I agree that it is nowhere even close enough to scratch Igneel.
But the point is that, while the powerup itself is limited, it is an infinite source of magic power. There are many other ways he can use FH. For starters, he can power up Fairy Sphere with enough magic to immobilize Igneel. Etherion is another option.

If used properly, an infinite supply of magic power in the hands of an immortal is the most broken stuff in the verse. Only Acno can possibly do something about it, since he can eat any magic. But Igneel or any other dragon can be taken down using it
So all of a sudden he's gonna use it properly? Cool.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yea, cause no PIS and CIS in vs battles. Or else it's pointless
And? There was no CIS and PIS for him to use it right away, he was willing to kill Natsu. Again, he's not going to use it any differently.

Vex_Haid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gonna post this because i found it

igneel stomps

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Weren't you the one saying Igneel is weaker than Irene some time ago lol?
That bait was god tier

also @grey matter i realized that u voted for alvarez
do u still think that they can win?

Nvm i just realized that zeref has FH

he solos unless igneel gets feats in backstories (if there are some) in ignias arc, as of now he gets hard stomped

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
That bait was god tier

also @grey matter i realized that u voted for alvarez
do u still think that they can win?

Nvm i just realized that zeref has FH

he solos unless igneel gets feats in backstories (if there are some) in ignias arc, as of now he gets hard stomped
I had voted Alverez earlier because I thought FH Zeref can outlast

I would change to Igneel. He can replicate what Natsu did and burn off Zeref's time/space magic

Still, I think FH Zeref can win against "Acno tiers" as long as they can't deal with his space/time magic. For eg, I think Aldoron and Merc will lose to FH Zeref, but not Ignia. Selene probably can BFR him, else she lose too.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had voted Alverez earlier because I thought FH Zeref can outlast

I would change to Igneel. He can replicate what Natsu did and burn off Zeref's time/space magic

Still, I think FH Zeref can win against "Acno tiers" as long as they can't deal with his space/time magic. For eg, I think Aldoron and Merc will lose to FH Zeref, but not Ignia. Selene probably can BFR him, else she lose too.
doubt that igneel can burn space-time since that was probably a moment for natsu to surpass igneel (since he is the MC so he should surpass his father eventually by defeating the main villain)

his half dead version def cannot, his prime version (stats only) probably can since he should be close to rot acnologia tier

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
With FH Zeref, they take this.
FH Zeref + Larcade is too much for Igneel

Seahorse

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
Even if Zeref can't use Etherion, they can simply put FH in Wahl and let him fire countless Etherions

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
The 12 Spriggans, Zeref and a massive amount of soldiers get eradicated by a single roar. Zeref probably survives due to his curse, but Fairy Heart gets vaporized:disappoint

Igneel blitzes through the rest of the army and calls it a day