Am I in the right track?

.Ram

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was just practicing Editing a chapter for the first time, so far I've done 4 pages in 2 hours and was wondering if I'm in the right track?

The 4 pages: http://ramencreation.com/scan/
 

Digitalr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
106
Reaction score
44
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Overlevelled, terrible raw, bad typesetting (spacing on automatic or something), greys appear to be burned too.

Start out with something easier next time.
 

rolobio

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So you did pretty good for your first time. Some problems are that the image goes from white to black instantly, there's no grey in between to smooth the transition. When its highly contrasted like that it does make it very easy to see the details, but it doesn't resemble what the artist was going for. You need to keep it as clean as possible without destroying the original artwork. So next time, don't level so much. The midtones are very light and hard to notice, those help give it some depth so make sure to keep them good and strong.
 
Top