An Elastic Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

Played and finished Twilight Princess on Wii while ago. It was a very good game, awesome music, especially Hyrule's field theme while mouting my horse. But I can't compare it to the other Zeldas since I've never played those (but saw others playing it or news etc). The fight at the very end was epic.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

You've never played Ocarina of Time? :gwah
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

You've never played Ocarina of Time? :gwah
Yeah I know it's a great Zelda, didn't have the occasion to play it.
It's not like I owned a single nintendo console until the Wii... (and I don't have it anymore).
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

Well there are other games, but with recent Nintendo systems, you buy them for the Nintendo exclusive games - Zelda, Mario, Super Smash, etc... I know Twilight Princess is on GC too, but my GC's laser is pretty much shot. Every time I want to play it I have to take it apart and strengthen the laser, only for it to weaken after a day or two. I even had to buy a special screwdriver bit to open the thing up. I think the Wii control isn't essential to play Twilight Princess? At least not like Skyward Sword. I wouldn't mind owning the remade versions of OOT and MM though.

I haven't had a handheld since Gameboy Color :rofl ...I was never much of a handheld gamer to be honest.

Have you ever played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2? Very Zelda like, all-time classic games IMO.
Naw, you can play Twilight Princess on Gamecube too. But I heard it's 1298102982 times more difficult, since there's not the Z-targeting system like the Wii. That's one of the things that makes it really fun on the Wii. You can just point and shoot as opposed to moving the joystick to target things.

My little sister has been talking about buying a Gamecube for a long time. You can get them for only $30 at Game Stop and Game X Change, so it's not a bad price at all . And the games are pretty cheep now. Probably not the Zelda ones though. I'd like to play Wind Waker and all of those if she ever does decide to get it.

I'm going to buy Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link's Awakening for my Gameboy Color eventually. But yeah, I agree with you. Not huge on handheld consoles. They're just not as fun for some reason. I'd rather carry a book around than a video games really.

No, I've never played those. The only games I've ever played on the PlayStation were X-men games or other fighting games. XD And I played Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on it too. That was easily the best Harry Potter video game. It's like the OoT for HP. :derp

Been there before?
Of course! I went to the Florida one (they're opening one in California in a few years) the year it opened! I think it was about 1-2 years ago that I went. It's one of my best memories with my dad. He was trying to dig himself out of the largest shit hole he's ever made for himself toward me and it did mean a great deal.

Played and finished Twilight Princess on Wii while ago. It was a very good game, awesome music, especially Hyrule's field theme while mouting my horse. But I can't compare it to the other Zeldas since I've never played those (but saw others playing it or news etc). The fight at the very end was epic.
If you loved that game, you would loooove Skyward Sword too! It's not as dark and it's a lot more sparkley, but it's a hell of a game. :amuse

Yeah I know it's a great Zelda, didn't have the occasion to play it.
It's not like I owned a single nintendo console until the Wii... (and I don't have it anymore).
It's said to be one of the greatest video games of all time. I think it scored a perfect 10 on a several game rating sites. I can't wait until I get to play it all the way through by myself. :x3 And I can't wait to torture the chickens again! :arf

That's one thing about SS. No chickens. :scry
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

Well don't mind too much about video games website scoring, especially americans/english ones (they give 9 or 10 too easily), a LOT of games got a 10 several times. The way they're rating it is a bit weird, it's still better to read the test itself because, often, it is less enthusiastic than the notation itself. Test from French websites (since I read them) can give a lower notation but a more enthusiastic test than the americans ones who gave a 9 or 10.

The design of skysword is a bit unexpected after what we used to see from Twilight Princess. I'm not sure but I think I heard that an enhanced version (HD etc) of Ocarina of Times would come.

About Harry Potter : the "own a owl" fashion following the serie is fadding, now there are a lot of abandoned owls who are dying by starvation (not used to the wild life and probably not the good place to free them). People realized that it takes a lot to take care of them (they smell, they makes quite a lot of fecal...). :-_-
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

Well if you don't trust the rating websites, then take it from me. It's one of the best video games of all time! I'm uber excited broster. :derp

Oh yes. It's soooo different from Twilight Princess. It's also much earlier on the timeline (it's the first Link/Zelda so far). I actually like it a great deal more that Twilight Princess, but that's not to knock it. It was an awesome game. Just the fact that there's no wolf transformation/curse makes it really different.

That's not Harry Potter's fault. :noworry That's stupid people's fault.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Not to mention those owl pellets. XD
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

ANY PICS OF HARRY POTTER LAND? :blai
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

Definitely! I actually posted some as the first pictures I ever posted of myself on here. They're old, when I had long hair. D'you still want to see them? I can post them here if that's easier. I' am drunk. :cookiestare
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

Still wanna see! :blai

you were drunk in Potter land? Dafuq? :oh
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

No no no no no. No. I wasn't drunk at harry potter world. Maybe drunk off of elation, but not in the literal sense. I am drunk arifgt now. :arf

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Ok I will find those picture at some point in time.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

How drunk are you?

Were you drunk at Harry Potter Worlrd?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

It's gone now. :arf

You already asked that! :arf
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

Naw, you can play Twilight Princess on Gamecube too. But I heard it's 1298102982 times more difficult, since there's not the Z-targeting system like the Wii. That's one of the things that makes it really fun on the Wii. You can just point and shoot as opposed to moving the joystick to target things.

My little sister has been talking about buying a Gamecube for a long time. You can get them for only $30 at Game Stop and Game X Change, so it's not a bad price at all . And the games are pretty cheep now. Probably not the Zelda ones though. I'd like to play Wind Waker and all of those if she ever does decide to get it.

I'm going to buy Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link's Awakening for my Gameboy Color eventually. But yeah, I agree with you. Not huge on handheld consoles. They're just not as fun for some reason. I'd rather carry a book around than a video games really.

No, I've never played those. The only games I've ever played on the PlayStation were X-men games or other fighting games. XD And I played Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on it too. That was easily the best Harry Potter video game. It's like the OoT for HP. :derp
I know, it was one of the last games to come out for Gamecube. I think the motion controls they added for the Wii version were just pegged on last minute, and the game wasn't really developed with them in mind. It was originally developed for the Gamecube if memory serves me right.

You should play Shadow of the Colossus. It's like Zelda, except it's much more open-world. The world is HUUUUUGE. The object of the game is to find these giants that you have to climb and vanquish with your sword. Making your way around the colossi to find their week spots is like a puzzle in itself. It's basically a game with only bossfights. The scale is huge.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

LOL...she actually compared a Harry Potter game to OoT :derp

I'll take your word for it I guess, but videogames from licensed material are usually always mediocre. Some Star Wars games and GoldenEye are really the only exceptions.

Checking GameRankings, it looks like the LEGO version of HP is the best ranked game :blink. And the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets is ranked better :cookiehand
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Godric's Hollow

I know, it was one of the last games to come out for Gamecube. I think the motion controls they added for the Wii version were just pegged on last minute, and the game wasn't really developed with them in mind. It was originally developed for the Gamecube if memory serves me right.

You should play Shadow of the Colossus. It's like Zelda, except it's much more open-world. The world is HUUUUUGE. The object of the game is to find these giants that you have to climb and vanquish with your sword. Making your way around the colossi to find their week spots is like a puzzle in itself. It's basically a game with only bossfights. The scale is huge.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

LOL...she actually compared a Harry Potter game to OoT :derp

I'll take your word for it I guess, but videogames from licensed material are usually always mediocre. Some Star Wars games and GoldenEye are really the only exceptions.

Checking GameRankings, it looks like the LEGO version of HP is the best ranked game :blink. And the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets is ranked better :cookiehand
That is a very long post :hee
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

It's a merged doublepost...

But yeah, it wasn't spam. Amazing right? :imslow
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

No. shut up.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

I know, it was one of the last games to come out for Gamecube. I think the motion controls they added for the Wii version were just pegged on last minute, and the game wasn't really developed with them in mind. It was originally developed for the Gamecube if memory serves me right.

You should play Shadow of the Colossus. It's like Zelda, except it's much more open-world. The world is HUUUUUGE. The object of the game is to find these giants that you have to climb and vanquish with your sword. Making your way around the colossi to find their week spots is like a puzzle in itself. It's basically a game with only bossfights. The scale is huge.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

LOL...she actually compared a Harry Potter game to OoT :derp

I'll take your word for it I guess, but videogames from licensed material are usually always mediocre. Some Star Wars games and GoldenEye are really the only exceptions.

Checking GameRankings, it looks like the LEGO version of HP is the best ranked game :blink. And the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets is ranked better :cookiehand
The controls were a little weird on Twilight Princess in my opinion. But I think they were fine. I'm pretty sure that Wii Motion Plus wasn't out yet (could be wrong) and that makes the gameplay a little less diverse. I think it was too.

Do they have that for the Wii?

Well if you're as much of a Harry Potter fan as I am, all of the HP games are fun. Chamber of Secrets is much better than the Lego Harry Potter games. I like the Lego ones and own both of them, but they're just not as good. Not sure what GBC is.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

GBC if I'm right is Game Boy Color.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top