Shounen Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

El Autor

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

i don´t understand the story at all xD!!!... but i´ll read it every week
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

Chapter 4 is very nice and pleaseant. The best so far.
Sakurai's face in page 7 is funny.
 

El Autor

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

I fell in love with Natsuki ^///^
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

I really like this series and this would be my first ecchi manga I'm reading that's from Jump. :P
And I also believe I fell in love with Natsuki too. Hahahaha. ^^
 

arsene.lupin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
58
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

I really like this series and this would be my first ecchi manga I'm reading that's from Jump. :P
And I also believe I fell in love with Natsuki too. Hahahaha. ^^
you should read other Mizuki Kawashita's manga. even Natsuki character design really similar with Misaki's Hatsukoi Limited. :D
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

Looks like people in MH likes Ane-Doki. But, when I looked people's comment from 2ch. and accessup.org, the review about Ane-Doki is not very good as compared to Kagijin, and everyone treats Wajimania as garbage.

I'm wondering that people's negative comments will reflect on Ane-Doki's early actual ranking, or people just bluffing.
 

arsene.lupin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
58
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

Looks like people in MH likes Ane-Doki. But, when I looked people's comment from 2ch. and accessup.org, the review about Ane-Doki is not very good as compared to Kagijin, and everyone treats Wajimania as garbage.

I'm wondering that people's negative comments will reflect on Ane-Doki's early actual ranking, or people just bluffing.
imo, what people at Jump care is rank in shonen jump (ToC) and volume (tankoubon) sales :D they don't care what people said on net. well not all Jump reader is 2ch user right?

i already read 3 chapter Kagijin, imo the plot interesting but artwork not as good as other battle manga in Jump. as for Wajima, because it's gag manga i supposed. :)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Thanks muw!
And about the first chapters being longer. I think it's to introduce the readers to the manga quicker - to let us get a clear picture of the setting, chars and to introduce us to the plot. After we're familiar with that (2-3 chapters) the chapter-size will decrease and the story will go as in any other manga.

I like this manga. It's odd, cute and interesting. As expected by the mangaka of some of my fav mangas o/
 

Clubsaa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

The third one was too obvious for my taste. Yet, strangely entertaining. What?

And $6000 for a school trip? Goddamn japanese education system.
If you read the part about that school trip fee again you'll noticed that the trip only cost $3,000.

The other $3,000 still a mystery. Why? because the teacher reminded her that "Listen good, $3,000 isn't something...."

LoL the other $3,000 might be from Kouta's father? Remember $3,000 from strip club? I just can't wait to find out where that $3,000 came from haha....
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I think Kawashita is using completely opposite strategy from her previous work, Hatsukoi. In Hatsukoi's case, Kawashita introduced bunch of characters even in the beginning. However in Ane Doki's case, it is in fifth chapter right now, and Kawashita didn't introduced any new characters since chapter 1.
 

fate_XIII

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
it a very interesting manga , . .
hope this manga series is much better than ichigo 100% :P
....does anyone know when will they release the next chapter ?
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Indeed, it should cost more if it is a good trip/camp/etc.
What? In my view, six thousands are way more than enough. If one class consists of, lets say, 30 people, it means $200 from one student.

If you read the part about that school trip fee again you'll noticed that the trip only cost $3,000.

The other $3,000 still a mystery. Why? because the teacher reminded her that "Listen good, $3,000 isn't something...."

LoL the other $3,000 might be from Kouta's father? Remember $3,000 from strip club? I just can't wait to find out where that $3,000 came from haha....
Hey, really, I didn't notice it! And Natsuki even turned the mobile off when that guy started to talk about the amount of money. So there is something left to that plot.
But I doubt Kouta's father has anything to do with it. he seem to be there for comical relief only.

I think Kawashita is using completely opposite strategy from her previous work, Hatsukoi. In Hatsukoi's case, Kawashita introduced bunch of characters even in the beginning. However in Ane Doki's case, it is in fifth chapter right now, and Kawashita didn't introduced any new characters since chapter 1.
Well, wasn't that the main feature of Hatsukoi? To present several short stories integrated one through another and connected by a pretty large cast of characters?
Whereas Ane Doki tries to build a story of a certain Kouta and a certain Natsuki with a little addition of as-of-now secondary characters.
At least, it seems like that to me :)

....does anyone know when will they release the next chapter ?
If you mean chapter five, it is already out. And since Ane Doki is a Jump title, it is published every monday - raws appear on the previous friday - Edited Mangas pop up from saturday on. You now how it goes, right?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Ane Dokii is very good and I like it. But, I think there is not too many characters in the series right now. I know there is only 5 chapters out, but still there should be more characters than now. I hope Kawashita introduce another male or female main characters.

Also, maybe I'm commenting this point too early, there are lots of mangas, animations, and games that have similar concept of Ane Dokii. So far, Ane Dokii is really good, but it the author stay in this direction, Ane Dokii will lose audience quickly. So, Kawashita needs something outstanding from other works to not to lose any audience in the future.


I found a spoiler for chapter 6.

第6話 恋のプールサイド

洸太のポケットの中には「デートの心得!」と書かれた紙
プールの前に立つは、私服姿の奏

早速、水着に着替えた奏
手順書どおり褒めちぎって、まんざらでもない様子の奏

プールには何故かこっそり見守るはずだったなつきと男友達がいて、なつきを見た奏は対抗心むき出し
奏と2人になり、「カッコよく泳いでるところを見て見たい」とリクエストされる洸太ですが、残念な結果に
奏は、一人で水の中へ

一人になった洸太の元になつきがやってきて、「肝心な時にちゃんと行動できればそれでOK!泳げないなら浮き輪でも―」とアドバイス

一方、奏は少しがっかりしながら仰向けになって浮いています
「カッコよく泳いでる 洸太くんの姿見たかったな・・・」
そんな奏に、少し離れた所で遊んでいたなつきの強烈スパイクが飛んできます
胸に当たってしまって外れてしまった水着と、沈んでいく奏

沈んでいく奏を見た洸太は、なつきに投げられた浮き輪を使って奏を助けにいき、なんとか救出
洸「はは・・・っ やっぱうきわじゃカッコつかないね・・・」
奏「・・・ううん」

帰り際、「ホントごめん」と謝るなつき
胸を見ただの見ないだのと奏と2人で話していると、男の子達となつきの決定で、今日お泊り会をする事になったようです

少し時間が経ち、ピンポーン
「はーい」と玄関に出た洸太の前には、重そうな荷物を持った奏

次号ドキドキお泊り会合宿!!
奏が洸太に熱烈アピール!?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
lol thats great. The chapters are great, but i hate the fact that we have to wait weekly for the weekly chapter to come out. I wonder how many chapers there is going to be all together.

I envy that boy big time XD
 

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
This manga is like Cleopatra's nose, had the boy accepted to bathe with the girl, the manga world would have been changed :D

I remember having read the translation of Kawashita's interview accompanying Sonezaki Shinju. That was interesting, but I was very disappointed with her editor that only talks how she was allowed to draw nipples or he insisted on having this particular ecchi scene. An editor should care more about other stuff that makes the manga interesting.
And now that I have read the first chapters of Ane-Doki, I seriously think Kawashita-sensei should change her editor. There is nothing spectacular or colorful in the characters that make me attach to them. The timid, insecure and awkward personality of the boy seems only be here to not pass the red line when the girl provokes him. So far, I am not interested in the storyline and what the girl hides.

But in the manga, it remains the art and this cheerful mood going through the story that really prove the mangaka has a lof of talent.
Another interesting point is how the story progresses linearly with chapters making echo to each other and brings some continuity in the story. It changes from stories organised by arcs or with stand-alone chapters typical of these kinds of mangas. I hope she can keep it very long.

EDIT: I said in the Hatsukoi thread it is a pity to create chara designs and uses them for only 36 chapters. She seems to feel the same way, since she re-uses chara designs of Hatsukoi (but younger though).
 
Last edited:

king_crimson-

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
529
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
sorry for this, but i really have to say it:

i'm dead sick of this kind of completely useless and excessively childish main male character that goes around so much in harem mangas...seriously, he's 14 for fuck's sake, not 8, give it a rest already!

you can make a good harem even with a normal or even cool male lead character, take a look at unbalancexunbalance and learn from it, you damn japanese mangakas >___<

------

now then, about this manga, i find the concept interesting, and despite manaka i did kind of like ichigo 100% so i'm expecting this to be interesting...i just hope that that damn kouta would grow up and start acting like a normal 14 year old boy already...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So far, it is pretty good with the art and plot-line. But, at this rate, I think it going to lose the audience in near future. The reason I think of this way is that there is so many similar concept of Ane Dokii in other mangas, animtaions, and games. I think Ane Dokii needs something distinct from other works to stay on this popularity, well we still have to wait little bit more for actual ranking.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Crimson while I laughed and agreed whole heartedly with what you sed, Kouta is only 13, he'a s fresman in middle school, not high school. Though when I was his age I was... well there might be kids around, so I'll keep that 2 myself (c;

But I do hope he does grow up, and grow up quickly! Because he sticks out too much, all the characters around him are honest to a point and true to themselves, but he keeps acting like a baby.

Having said that, I dont mind this series, and it hasn't become a hassle to translate it yet, and I hope it stays that way.
 
Last edited:
Top