Showdown Anime Character Showdown - #6 Most Overpowered Ability Edition

Final Round: Vote for the Most Overpowered Ability

  • Natural Harem King [Multiple Anime]

    Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Edo Tensei [Naruto Shippuuden]

    Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation [Hellsing]

    Votes: 25 41.0%

  • Total voters
    61
  • Poll closed .

nfinitfx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
315
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
I got this list from another website, quoted by a guy called KingofAsh. I would say this is one of the most legit list I've seen. Without doubt, there will be a couple that have been left out on the list simply because nobody have watched all the animes out there.

However in general to make it to the top 10, characters must have the ability to be an Omnipotent being not just in our Universe, but in Multiple universes.

Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo!) - Multiversial Omnipotent
Lord of Nightmares (Slayers) - Multiversal Omnipotent
Eldergod Demonbane (Demonbane) - Nigh omnipotent multiversal mecha that can easily deal with most of Lovecraftian Old Ones, though it is possible that these Old Ones are weaker than the originals
Featherine (Umineko: When They Cry) - Powerful witch who can literally rewrite existance, multiversal
Haruka Kaminogi (Noein) - Multiversial reality warper, can rearange existance as she sees fit
Deus Ex Machina (Future Diary) - God of Time and Space; I'm not sure if he's universal or multiversal
Dragon God (Project A-ko!) - Multiverse buster
Getter Emperor (Getter Robo) - Universal to multiversal devourer at its strongest
Hades (Saint Seiya) - Universal to multiversal
Dark Schnieder (Bastard!!!) - Galactic to universal dark wizard; can destroy an enemies soul
The Anti-Spiral (Gurren Lagann) - Galactic to universal tyrant; can easily destroy galaxies and can reality warp and even create universes; destroyed a universe with ease in the movie version
Giorno Giovanni (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) - Universal reality/time warping
Neo (Digimon) - Universe creator/destroyer; note that I'm not sure if Zeedmilleniumon was in an anime or manga, if so than Zeedmilleniumon will take Neo's place and be ranked much higher on the list
The Truth (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) - Omnipresent and possible omnipotent; exists inside all lifeforms and everything, from ants to the Milky Way; possibly multiversial across at least three universes
Hao (Shaman King) - Omnipotent within the Great Spirit, can create supernovas and blackholes, however it's unknown if he maintains his powers outside of the great spirit though, if so he would be higher
Lain (Serial Experiment Lain) - Space/time control on a possibly universal scale; I'm not too sure on this one
Sailor Galaxia (Sailor Moon) - Galactic Tyrant and galaxy buster
Bills (Dragon Ball Z) - Galaxy buster
Nono (Diebuster!) - Solar System level, blackhole buster
Arceus (Pokemon) - Universe creator, but can be defeated by very low level threats
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melocany of Haruhi Suzumiya) - Universal reality warper, but has absolutely no control over her powers
Lilith (Evangelion) - At least planetary reality warper
Hellstar Remina (Hellstar Remina) - Planet and star devourer
Quat Nevas (Psyren) - Planet Devourer
Alucard (Hellsing) - Immortal and Schrödinger's quantum ability
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Natural harem king :bored

Why am I the only one who voted for Haruhi? You people lack taste and refinement.
If I talked what I think about Haruhi, some people would kill me here, so let's put that aside. :XD

Natural Harem King is just more funny, and more powerful in some sense. :p
Or do you think that make every girl fall for you is not a power of god? XD
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm surprised I'm the only one who voted for the Death Note tbh. :blink There are ways to get around an attack with the other overpowered abilities, but you can't escape or nullify the impeding death that comes upon those whose names are written. It's basically an automatic one shot KO.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,569
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I voted for Shrodinger's ability - as you are not just invincible, but you are also everywhere (and nowhere) at once. You are literally invincible, immortal and omnipresent.
But, I now wish I had clicked on Vector Control instead - as, although you lack the omnipresence, you get pretty much everything else and more.
You can control all of physics to an extent
and can pretty much make your own physics up as well in fake angel mode

These 2 abilities make you immune to the vast majority of the abilities on this list.

Deathnote could probably beat you, but it does require you to know the target's name. It has many more drawbacks than these 2 abilities and, more importantly, it lacks the versatility that these other abilities give you outside of just killing people...

I mean, just look at the difficulty that Yagami Light had in dealing with L (or the later people I would rather forget existed) using the deathnote. If he had either Shroedinger's ability, or Vector Control, he could have made his perfect world without fear of being killed/caught.
 
Last edited:

BobobVanBlob

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
211
Reaction score
115
Age
32
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
I voted for Shrodinger's ability - as you are not just invincible, but you are also everywhere (and nowhere) at once. You are literally invincible, immortal and omnipresent.
But, I now wish I had clicked on Vector Control instead - as, although you lack the omnipresence, you get pretty much everything else and more.
You can control all of physics to an extent
and can pretty much make your own physics up as well in fake angel mode

These 2 abilities make you immune to the vast majority of the abilities on this list.

Deathnote could probably beat you, but it does require you to know the target's name. It has many more drawbacks than these 2 abilities and, more importantly, it lacks the versatility that these other abilities give you outside of just killing people...

I mean, just look at the difficulty that Yagami Light had in dealing with L (or the later people I would rather forget existed) using the deathnote. If he had either Shroedinger's ability, or Vector Control, he could have made his perfect world without fear of being killed/caught.
You cannot beat the power of LOOooooOOOVE!
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The first round is over ladies and gentlemen!

Those are the results:

1. Natural Harem King - 9 votes
2. Edo Tensei - 8 votes
3. Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation - 6 votes

4. Kanzen Saimin - 5 votes
5. Ultimate Madoka Transformation - 4 votes
6. Haruhi's Power - 3 votes
6. Tremor-Tremor Fruit - 3 votes
6. Kid Buu's Instant Regeneration - 3 votes
9. Eucliwood Hellscythe's Power - 2 votes
9. Death Note - 2 votes
9. Imagine Breaker - 2 votes
12. Vector Control - 1 vote
12. Hokuto Shinken - 1 vote
14.Gate of Babylon - 0 votes

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

The Poll for the final round is now open. :)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Edo Tensei shouldn't really get this many votes. Such a conditional ability should not be referred to as overpowered. You need DNA for the one to bring back to life. You need a sacrifice. You can't control them perfectly unless you erase their minds completely, which hinders their fighting. Not to mention, they can be sealed.
Too many flaws in it to be overpowered. Maybe off-balance within Narutoverse, but I doubt that's a relevant point here.
 

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Edo Tensei shouldn't really get this many votes. Such a conditional ability should not be referred to as overpowered. You need DNA for the one to bring back to life. You need a sacrifice. You can't control them perfectly unless you erase their minds completely, which hinders their fighting. Not to mention, they can be sealed.
Too many flaws in it to be overpowered. Maybe off-balance within Narutoverse, but I doubt that's a relevant point here.
That's the reason which prevented me from nominating Vash's Angel arm. It's overpowered for sure, but it also has a major flaw.
 

tupadre97

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
158
Reaction score
32
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Touma counts as both. :nod

I'll nominate Edo Tensei because it is one of the most broken abilities in Anime history.


It doesn't get cancelled when the summoner dies, the revived person has unlimited Chakra, the summoner can control them in every way he wants.
Pretty hard to beat such a hax ability.
Compared to all these other reality manipulation abilities Edo Tensei isn't all that powerful. All you have to do is immobilize the revived person and thats just it for them.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

I'm surprised I'm the only one who voted for the Death Note tbh. :blink There are ways to get around an attack with the other overpowered abilities, but you can't escape or nullify the impeding death that comes upon those whose names are written. It's basically an automatic one shot KO.
Its not really all that great when you compare to the abilities universal reality manipulators. Say if he used it on shrodinger it wouldn't even matter bcuz he would simply just will it away. Or say its used on an uchiha in Naruto they can just izanagi that shit. Its not all powerful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,569
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Edo Tensei shouldn't really get this many votes. Such a conditional ability should not be referred to as overpowered. You need DNA for the one to bring back to life. You need a sacrifice. You can't control them perfectly unless you erase their minds completely, which hinders their fighting. Not to mention, they can be sealed.
Too many flaws in it to be overpowered. Maybe off-balance within Narutoverse, but I doubt that's a relevant point here.
I think that one of the reasons why it received so many votes is due to what it did to the current storyline of the manga.
Resurrecting Madara, for example, pretty much led to him becoming the main bad guy.
Also, without Edo-tensei, I would say that the Jyuubi would probably not have been resurrected. Obito didn't have it in him to rip the bijuu from Bee and Naruto, in the way Madara did. Obito relied on the chakra stored in the Kin Gin brothers. This chakra wouldn't have been available without edo-tensei.
Also, weaknesses included, it still comes out on top for a pretty OP technique.

That said, I still am going to vote for Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation.

Ease to counter: Although I would love to have the Natural Harem King - as there are very few characters who have been shown to counter its power. This can be said for the Quantum Reality Manipulation also (in fact, no one has been shown to counter it).
Versatility: Quantum Reality Manipulation grants the user invulnerability, immortality, omnipresence (of a sort - this also includes instant transmission between destinations). It has a huge number of potential uses. Natural Harem King, unfortunately, only offers one power (however awesome it may be) - and I am not sure that you couldn't impress people into a similar state using the powers granted by Quantum Reality Manipulation...
Usefulness: Due to the versatility, QRM wins here quite easily... Well, I guess that depends on what you deem to be useful :cheez
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,385
Gender
Male
Country
France
I voted for Schrodinger. Even considering it as an ability that Harem King power only serves to build an harem.
 

daman246

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
1,662
Reaction score
400
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Were is Light Hawk wings?
Light Hawk wings>>>>> every Power ever known to anime/manga
Z/Kami Tenchi?
 
Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I voted for Schrodinger. Even considering it as an ability that Harem King power only serves to build an harem.
Not to mention it has some potentially big negatives associated with it... Such as the Harem King has no real choice in who it attracts, and the King seems to lose the ability to reject any of the harem members.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not to mention it has some potentially big negatives associated with it... Such as the Harem King has no real choice in who it attracts, and the King seems to lose the ability to reject any of the harem members.
That and he loses the ability to realize, that all of those girls are in love with him. It is basically a curse.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

MangaHelpers proudly presents, Anime's most overpowered ability of all times:
~Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation~​


Thanks for your participation. Look forward to the next showdown. :)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,385
Gender
Male
Country
France
I want to know, how strong is that Schrodinger in his series?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Never expected my nomination to win, but cool :XD

I want to know, how strong is that Schrodinger in his series?
He doesn't really fight, but he's no doubt impossible to kill by any outside means. So if you see being invincible as strong, then he is indeed XD Saying anything more would be spoilerish. Kinda surprised you haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate, Madhouse did an excellent job animating the manga. Kinda like a constant over the top, very bloody badassery. Highly recommended :nod
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,385
Gender
Male
Country
France
He doesn't really fight, but he's no doubt impossible to kill by any outside means. So if you see being invincible as strong, then he is indeed XD Saying anything more would be spoilerish. Kinda surprised you haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate, Madhouse did an excellent job animating the manga. Kinda like a constant over the top, very bloody badassery. Highly recommended :nod
I heard of the series via people claiming that Alucard was cooler than Dio. It is on my PTW list but I never found the time to watch it.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I heard of the series via people claiming that Alucard was cooler than Dio. It is on my PTW list but I never found the time to watch it.
Cooler than Dio? Well personally I would rate Alucard way above Dio, but I can't fully judge that until

his reappearance during Part 3.

Alucard definitely has a huge GAR level, and he's a beast in every sense (I was considering to nominate him here too, before I thought of Schrödinger). In terms of manliness, Hellsing delivers as well as Jojo does, so that might be something for you. Even the females own, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to compare the two series, in a very basic sense.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,569
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Normally I hate totally OP hero characters - I find them dull and to beat them the writer is almost forced to write more and more OP enemies... Superman anyone?!?

That said, Hellsing is just too bat-shit crazy to hate.

It isn't often that you will have Nazi vampires/zombies invading London via blimps and using V1 rockets to transport troops into the city. Fighting an all out war with Catholic KKK members and Protestant butlers.

It shows what happens when you give a lunatic of an author free reign to do what he wants...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top