Anime League Anime League - Fall 2017

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
I never would have guessed that winner :XD

At least 2nd and 3rd place have several possibilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You know, there are only a few shows on this week, so the only ones that could concevably be in the top 3 this season would be:

Mahoutsukai no Yome (Lock on 1st)
Inuyashiki (currently #2, but will very likely get knocked out of the top 3 since it's done)
Gintama (currently #3, still has 1 episode left)
Black Clover (tied #4, continuing)
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (tied #4, 1 episode left)
-and-
Fate/Apocrypha (tied #6 with Houseki no Kuni, but still has 2 episodes left)

All the others have no chance to advance to the top 3, or have already ended.

The most interesting possibility to me would be if we were able to vote for BOTH of Fate/Apocrypha's last two episodes in the same vote this week. It's possible since there is episode 25 coming out raw on Saturday, and the possibility of an alternate translation coming out by Sunday. He he... it could even become #2 this season... because of the quirky scheduling.

Certainly a weird way to make up for all the skip weeks and the slow episodes right after the mid season.

Well, we'll see how it goes.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Well, would you look at that, it appears that we've already got a winner.
Has anything ever cracked a hundred before? That might be a new record.:amuse

It's been kind of a strange anime season, at least for me, and not what I expected going into it at all. Mainly because the summer season had the most parity we've seen yet. With a lot of really great shows that all had amazing weeks. This season there was a much clearer line between the shows I was into and those I found disappointing. So the shows I stuck with I loved but I dropped more shows this season than I have in quite a while.

I bailed on Black Clover because of the Asta voice, which try as I might I just couldn't stand. Gave up on Junni Taisen because I couldn't get into the characters. Rage quit UQ Holder because the liberties it took with the manga began to hurt my feelings. And abandoned Dies Irae because it made no sense.

Last edited:

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany

I bailed on Black Clover because of the Asta voice, which try as I might I just couldn't stand. Gave up on Junni Taisen because I couldn't get into the characters. Rage quit UQ Holder because the liberties it took with the manga began to hurt my feelings. And abandoned Dies Irae because it made no sense.
BnHA S2 reached 93 in spring. So Mahou isn't that much better, considering we have more users participating than last time. Though I just realized that I counted Mahou as a 13 episodes show, so it will actually be above 100 next week. Reason being, that 12 episode shows and below get a bonus as stated in the first post.

Black Clover is actually really fun to watch. Imho his voice gets less annoying. Though it might be just me getting used to it.
I dropped Juuni for the same reasons.

I also dropped Fate as it simply wasn't worth my time. The first cour was already a trainwreck from a story point of view, so I didn't give the second one any credit. Astolfo alone wasn't enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
IThe most interesting possibility to me would be if we were able to vote for BOTH of Fate/Apocrypha's last two episodes in the same vote this week. It's possible since there is episode 25 coming out raw on Saturday, and the possibility of an alternate translation coming out by Sunday. He he... it could even become #2 this season... because of the quirky scheduling.
Fate is the only relevant show which would "continue" after the season has already ended. Thanks to it being a Netflix show, featuring multiple recaps and a 0th episode. You have no idea how much this annoys me as the "creator" of such an event.
So to make it short, I will leave voting up till tuesday and allow episode 24 and 25 as seperate nominations for this last week.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
BnHA S2 reached 93 in spring. So Mahou isn't that much better, considering we have more users participating than last time. Though I just realized that I counted Mahou as a 13 episodes show, so it will actually be above 100 next week. Reason being, that 12 episode shows and below get a bonus as stated in the first post.

Black Clover is actually really fun to watch. Imho his voice gets less annoying. Though it might be just me getting used to it.
I dropped Juuni for the same reasons.

I also dropped Fate as it simply wasn't worth my time. The first cour was already a trainwreck from a story point of view, so I didn't give the second one any credit. Astolfo alone wasn't enough.
Hmmm. Respectfully disagree about Fate but to each their own. I actually think the best episode of anything this season was it's 22nd episode. Not sure I would say Fate/A's story was great but when it comes to uniting emotion and spectacle I think it's delivered in a big way. Sort of the Gurren Laggan of the Fate series, if that makes sense.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France

It's been kind of a strange anime season, at least for me, and not what I expected going into it at all. Mainly because the summer season had the most parity we've seen yet. With a lot of really great shows that all had amazing weeks. This season there was a much clearer line between the shows I was into and those I found disappointing. So the shows I stuck with I loved but I dropped more shows this season than I have in quite a while.

You should have watched Houseki no Kuni :nah.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
You should have watched Houseki no Kuni :nah.
Maybe but I see CG based animation and I'm instantly out. I want no part of that stuff. That style is not for me. Do not like it Do not want it. I believe you guys when you say Houseki no Kuni and Inuyashik are good. But I wouldn't touch either with a 10 foot pole.

Just like the Beserk remake from earlier which I wouldn't touch with a 100 foot pole.

#notmyanime

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Australia
My one of only pick for this week lol, everything else I watched finished apart from long running stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh! & Cardfight Vanguard.

I also enjoyed that Nekopara OVA.

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau EP 12
Oh he's back, and as an even bigger freak since he has become one of those jesters.

His new powers are very worrying though, he's much stronger than before.

Ouni stepping in there like a badass once again, best male this season.

YOU CAN ALL CRY TODAY, I nearly did from that scene + that OST is very powerful & emotional, still remember it being played when Nibi said goodbye to Ouni a few episodes again.

Looks like the empire is ready for war once again.

Really enjoyed this anime, one of the best of this season and the entire year for me 9/10

Really hope we get a 2nd season sometime.

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
My one of only pick for this week lol, everything else I watched finished apart from long running stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh! & Cardfight Vanguard.

I also enjoyed that Nekopara OVA.

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau EP 12
Oh he's back, and as an even bigger freak since he has become one of those jesters.

His new powers are very worrying though, he's much stronger than before.

Ouni stepping in there like a badass once again, best male this season.

YOU CAN ALL CRY TODAY, I nearly did from that scene + that OST is very powerful & emotional, still remember it being played when Nibi said goodbye to Ouni a few episodes again.

Looks like the empire is ready for war once again.

Really enjoyed this anime, one of the best of this season and the entire year for me 9/10

Really hope we get a 2nd season sometime.

Same
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

will add boruto

My top animes this season are Houseki and kujira then comes mahoutsukai, which was great too but houseki was way above imo. Both Houseki and kujira manga are still ongoing, heard that both have some great upcoming developements, so i definitely think there will be a 2nd season for both of them. Currently watching Made in Abyss (im at ep 5) and for some reasons it reminds me kujira.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I'll vote for...

Fate/Apocrypha
(Did not see the twist coming)
Gintama
(Gintoki's guardian spirit.:XD)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Fate Apocrypha

Black Clover

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
This Week's Picks!

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau -ep12- A great series pauses… and should be back! Some day.
Fate/Apocrypha -ep24- This ep was fun and exciting… even if it gave Sieg yet another powerup.
I'll keep open the 3rd slot for the hoped for ep25 of F/A

Anime-Gataris -ep12- Who broke the universe?
Youkai Apartment -ep26- This series didn't really get any votes but it was a feel-good series that was good!
Black Clover -ep13- The Wizard King is watching you (still)… That actually sounds a little creepy. :D

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
My final vote goes to Fate/Apocrypha ep25!
Ok, so not much of a surprise, but yeah, I really liked the series, even if I wouldn't really give it more than an 8/10.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Mine goes to Fate/Apocrypha ep25 as well. It was simultaneously really sweet and really weird, as you would expect from Fate.:amuse

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
My final vote as well

Fate Apocrypha Episode 25

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)