Anime League Anime League - Spring/Summer 2020

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble picking just 3 this week...

Kaguya-sama
Bakarina


then... Tower of God or Railgun... no-one should have to make this decision!...



Ok... Tower of God

May Misaka level 5.3 have mercy on my soul.
Actually, come to think of it, might Misaka be on the top floor of the ToG? :kappa
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tower of God
Quant was lucky Shibisu didn’t use his killing arts. I’m not expecting much from Hoh despite the increased focus on him

Kaguya-sama
Can’t believe that manga even made Ishigami cry

Fruits Basket
Akito :nah
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Kaguya
ToG
Bakarina
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kaguya
Railgun
Fruits Basket
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,721
Reaction score
61,448
Gender
Male
Country
France
  1. Tower of God.
  2. Railgun.
  3. Fruits Basket.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Kaguya-sama
Tower of God
Bakarina
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Week #8


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Kami no Tou
74​
►​
2​
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
67​
►​
3​
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…
47​
►​
4​
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T
26​
►​
5​
Arte
20​
▲1​
6​
Fruits Basket 2nd Season
17​
►​
6​
Yesterday wo Utatte
17​
▲1​
8​
BNA
4​
►​
8​
Digimon Adventure (2020)
4​
▼1​
10​
Gleipnir
3​
▲2​
10​
Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
3​
▼1​
10​
Houkago Teibou Nisshi
3​
▼1​
13​
Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited
2​
▼1​
13​
Kakushigoto
2​
►​
15​
Listeners
1​
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tower of God
Where art thou, silent man?

Kaguya-sama
Ep had me deceased

Fruits Basket
The tension is building, but sandcastles ftw

The new banner looks great :verily
 
Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai? Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Fujiwara has a new plaything. :XD
Tower of God - 9:00 Nice Boat moment :) Ho! Your main mistake was not stabbing deeper. :kappa
Bakarina - Harem bad end? :XD
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is it really worth it? I've been seeing mixed reviews which made me hesitate on whether I want to watch it or not.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1) Kami no Tou

2) Railgun

3) BNA
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Trash in this case refers to the blatantly obvious ecchi scenes. It also has surprisingly well done action and actually has a story to it!
Definitely worth watching!
To be honest, I wasn't referring to your comment but I will take your word for it and start it.:verily
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Tower of God
Unexpected death,
Kaguya-sama
A certified tsundere now
Fruits Basket
Akito wants to see Kyo... not good
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,721
Reaction score
61,448
Gender
Male
Country
France
Is it really worth it? I've been seeing mixed reviews which made me hesitate on whether I want to watch it or not.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1) Kami no Tou

2) Railgun

3) BNA
Railgun isn't eligible. It didn't air this week.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Railgun isn't eligible. It didn't air this week.
Oh I thought you put whatever you're enjoying the most so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In that case I'll swap for Fruits Basket
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kaguya
Bakarina
Tower of God
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
To be honest, I wasn't referring to your comment but I will take your word for it and start it.:verily
Well it's very trashy, like Wowzer said. The fanservice is one thing, but it's also very edgy. Think what a 16 year old who just discovered anime would gobble up bc it's "dark" and "daring". It also has some very blatant analogies, a prime example would be the MCs powers (you will see what I mean). It's no surprise this show is divisive.

That being said, I still enjoy it. I think almost anyone watching this knows it's "trash", but it's trash done well. Some stuff is very lulzy, some stuff might even be offensive for some or too ridiculous, but if you don't take it all that seriously (like me) you can just have a good time with it and have a good laugh about some stuff. It's entertaining for sure, one way or another :nod
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well it's very trashy, like Wowzer said. The fanservice is one thing, but it's also very edgy. Think what a 16 year old who just discovered anime would gobble up bc it's "dark" and "daring". It also has some very blatant analogies, a prime example would be the MCs powers (you will see what I mean). It's no surprise this show is divisive.

That being said, I still enjoy it. I think almost anyone watching this knows it's "trash", but it's trash done well. Some stuff is very lulzy, some stuff might even be offensive for some or too ridiculous, but if you don't take it all that seriously (like me) you can just have a good time with it and have a good laugh about some stuff. It's entertaining for sure, one way or another :nod
Fanservice shouldn't be an issue since I watched Fairy Tail and read Edens Zero:3c
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top