Anime League Anime League - Summer 2018

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This Weeks Picks!

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -ep06- This episode is an ecchi gif factory. Shera is awesome in so many ways.
Hataraku Saibou -ep06- I had a smile on my face and was laughing throughout this episode… and then we got to the mystery disease.
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season -ep56- Provisional licencing part 1 complete! Now on to part 2

Overlord -ep05- Village defense successful… at least for now. Did Nphi figure something out from the zombie troll?
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki -ep05- This show is so good! It almost got a vote this week! But who do I replace??!!
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

Shingeki no kyojin

For now
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know. If someone had told me at the beginning of this that Isekai Maou would be in a commanding lead halfway through the season I wouldn't have believed them.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Haha yeah those are a different kind of slaves in those video games.

This is a wand!

I definitely can't sleep now lol, he doesn't realize he is one of the luckiest guys ever.

I was going to say I don't trust that brother he is acting a bit too suspiciously, and then I watch that last scene, omg it's even worse than i thought, what a freak, I hope Diablo gives him exactly what he deserves.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
That was quite the massacre, I had a feeling that was coming, good thing he pushed Rachel away before he comepletely lost his mind.

Oh gosh, Zack just struck himself in order to protect Rachel, but it made Cathy come out from that protected area, I think I can see where this is going.

Wow Rachel actually managed to shoot her with a different gun, she does have what it takes after all.

Yep as I thought, Cathy made a big mistake coming out of her area, Zack finally got another wind and finished her off, no surprise that made him felt good after what she had put them through.

So Rachel is a sinner, that was an interesting ending, I have a feeling it will play a part in one of the upcoming episodes.

Yes not even Zack can withstand that amount of blood loss, Rachel needs to patch him up quick somehow.

Overlord III
Well they managed to defeat the enemies with a little help from Ainz.

Looks like the giant did become a zombie, I wonder how that happened.

Nphi was great there, he even confessed his feelings.

I tell you what, if the orcs and trolls won't kill you, that amount of food will, I would love to see it all up close anyway it was would look amazing.

Great scene there at the end with Nphi & Enri holding hands and walking together, their relationship is definitely going in a great direction.

Now I wonder if they will meet any of the others or maybe Ainz doesn't want them to freak out to much if they saw the likes of Shalltear & Albedo.

Honorable Mentions

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
Seeing Karen up early practicing is a good sign, even if she's still half asleep she's making a big to improve.

Wow that's quite the family Mahiru has, 5 other siblings I only got an older sister.

Jealously won't get you anywhere Mahiru, Karen made a promise with Hikari a long time ago, they are destined to be partner together on that stage.

That audition was rather weird for quite a while but thankfully Karen was able to get her feelings across when it got to the serious part.

Nice to see everyone likes Mahiru's food and it looks like she is back to normal and remembers her own dream.

Hataraku Saibou
And to this day she still get hopelessly lost.

And to this day he is still coming to her rescue, funny how that met each other at that young age and continue to do so now.

It was kinda funny seeing those 2 fight but also scary at the same time because I would rather not have the cells inside my body fight against each other in order to see who gets to kill what, just work together and make me better already.

Oh dear it's cancer, the worst kind of cell to deal with.

Zoids Wild
Mystical Diamond Flower, I think those people in the village are just having fun with Arashi, he is the perfect subject though for that kind of thing.

Don't trust anyone Arashi, no surprise he just said all that stuff to a random person, Penne is a smart girl for taking advantage of the situation.

Ok so the flowers they were talking about are Midnight Herbs and are actually very useful being able to heal wounds, good thing they were able to defeat those 2 before they caused too much damage.

Penne knows about the Death Blast, she might have run into an elite four or seen one of them in action before.

Team Freedom, that's a much better name and now they have a cool image to go with it.

Penne will be the perfect person to have in the team if they travel together because she is a lot smarter than Arashi but she can also perform the maintenance and fix Zoids up when needed.

Island
Oh that's right all that funny stuff happened in the last episode and this time it's Sara who mentions huge boobs.

Seeing Rinne's mother smile and then all of a sudden get very angry is scary, I wonder what that was all about, it has me very worried.

That Sara is quite the character and is not afraid to say whatever is on her mind, even Rinne's mother came straight out with it with those notes.

Good, now we know the secret of the mysterious shack/cabin, good grief that was yet another dark story though and another Setsuna.

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
Trying to make glass, that's not a bad idea, you bring that into the world and could make a lot of money.

Ah the obligatory hot springs episode and all the ecchi shenanigans that go with it, not that I'm complaining, it's either that or a beach episode for most animes.

Another great idea using the money from the glass to build school and give children education.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,375
Gender
Male
Country
France
  • Hataraku Saibou.
  • Overlord III.
  • Planet With.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Asobi Asobase
Isekai Maou
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Isekai Maou
Boku no Hero Academia
Banana Fish
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,563
Country
Dragonstone
Banana Fish
Isekai Maou
Hataraku Saibou
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Boku no Hero Academia
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Gintama
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Hataraku Saibou

so glad more people recognize Hataraku Saibou :wtf
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hataraku Saibou
Asobi Asobase
Harukana Receive
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Here we go again:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
41​
►​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
31​
►​
3​
Hataraku Saibou
21​
►​
4​
Overlord III
18​
▼1​
5​
Banana Fish
16​
▼1​
5​
Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2
16​
►​
7​
Grand Blue
13​
▲1​
8​
Asobi Asobase
9​
▼1​
9​
Hanebado
8​
►​
10​
Planet With
6​
▲1​
11​
Satsuriku no Tenshi
5​
▼2​
12​
Happy Sugar Life
4​
▼1​
13​
Captain Tsubasa 2018
3​
▼1​
13​
Free!: Dive to the Future
3​
▼1​
13​
Island
3​
▲3​
13​
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
3​
▲4​
17​
Black Clover
2​
▲4​
17​
Harukana Receive
2​
▼1​
17​
High Score Girl
2​
▼1​
17​
Shichisei no Subaru
2​
▼1​
17​
Steins;Gate 0
2​
▼1​
17​
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
2​
▼2​
23​
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
1​
▼2​
23​
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
1​
▼2​
23​
Puzzle & Dragon
1​
▼2​
23​
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
1​
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll vote for..

Planet With (Where do things go from here?)
Overlord (It's a tribute to how well madhouse is doing this part of the story that I'm cringing as much as I am.)
Isekai Maou (Still striking that perfect balance between ecchi and an actual story.)

Honorable mention to Asobi Asobase and Hataraku Saibou. My third vote really could have gone to either of those or Planet With. Ended up going the way I did only because Planet With's episode seemed like more of an impactful thing.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Isekai molaou
Overlord
Shingeki no kyojin
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,375
Gender
Male
Country
France
  1. Planet With: Absolutely amazing episode.
  2. Hataraku Saibou.

Will nominate the third one later. I have some catching up to do.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
lots of good episodes this week, pretty hard to decide on my favs...

Overlord III (I'm sold, but boy this won't end well)
Banana Fish (mb my fav episode so far, but I always enjoy believable and interesting family portraits. New "villain" seems way more interesting too)
Boku no Hero Acadenia (I just have a soft spot for this one)

Honoroable mentions to Asobi and Planet With, I almost ended up voting for the latter but the CG is sort of annoying to me.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Banana Fish
Boku no Hero Academia
Isekai Maou
 
Top