Anime League Anime League - Summer 2018

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've vote for..

Asobi Asobase
(That board game.:XD)
Gintama
(Just really glad to see the end of this arc, honestly. Nice epic ending but it had overstayed it's welcome a bit.)
Isekai Maou (Shera's archer level may be 80 but her pervert level is 200. )
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This Weeks Picks!

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -ep09- Bath time! Also the Demon King is coming!
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season -ep59- The Privisional Licencing exam is complete! And now for the winners… next week.
Asobi Asobase -ep08- More inhuman faces than a season of Star Trek.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Shingeki no kyojin
Grand Blue

Banana fish
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Banana Fish
Isekai Maou
Boku no Hero Academia
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Hataraku Saibou
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
And there is the obligatory hot spring//lake/bath shenanigans, no beach on this series, they don't have swimsuits or even know what they are.

Edelgard, I had a feeling she would show up again at some point during this series, she already knows Diablo's power and probably isn't bluffing about the power Krebskulm possesses, looks like we will find out soon.

Haha that was fantastic watching Diablo turn that Paladin into stone, I can see a fight between those 2 sometime later in the series, hopefully Diablo gives him another lesson and defeats him.

Diablo has an uneasy feeling in his chest, that makes me worried as well, either way next episode should be very exciting.

Hataraku Saibou
I like the op change, I thought it was funny.

That is a funny way to pass a test.

I enjoyed this episode, it was really fun to watch those from back in the day when they were rookies.

Next episode looks exciting, a lot of germs have appeared, I'm expecting a massacre as usual.

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
And I thought my room was a mess until I saw what Hikari's looked like.

So now we know about Hikari's past in England and her motivation to become top star.

Really cool seeing her audition against Nana, it was very exciting, I enjoyed all that action and drama involved in it.


Honorable Mentions

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
That was really interesting listening to Saya talking about Yuuto's world and the norse mythology similarities.

I'm just surprised that people do believe Mitsuki, it is quite the story to tell.

I have always been interested in norse mythology from the Valkyrie Profile games and they also feature in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Those eyes aren't really black but it's interesting how she called him the black one, I wonder if she is Sinmara?

Satsuriku no Tenshi
Ah so that's how Danny is alive, he's still hurt but those precautions he took were definitely life saving.

Oh wow the snake was real after all, but man how is Zack still able to move like that, he really is a monster, at least give him the bandages, he should be able to do something with them if he doesn't you want to touch him.

Rachel was acting all weird in this episode.

At least Rachel has that knife to protect her, I'm sure she will run into Danny and will need to use it against him.

Island
I'm confused but interested as to what's going on, is this the future or the past?

There's the Sara with the big boobs Setsuna kept on dreaming about.

Counter attack! Yes that works on any male.

This Setsuna was also found in the time pod and taken in by this Rinne.

Wow! that was quite the scene that Setsuna woke up to, this Karen looks to be a bit younger than the other one.

New opening and ending theme, I wonder if this will be more than 12 episode then or they just made the new themes for this current arc.

Overlord III
I didn't want them to die because they were likable, especially Arche who only wanted to save her younger siblings.

Shalltear's reaction when Ainz took off his top was very funny.

Either way the plan worked, Ainz Ooal Gown's name is now known, especially after the scene Mare & Aura caused.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
  1. Planet With.
  2. Isekai Maou.
  3. Overlord III.
There are some episodes that I haven't watched yet though.

Liked Black Clover as well.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Here we go again:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
62​
►​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
44​
►​
3​
Hataraku Saibou
30​
►​
4​
Overlord III
27​
►​
5​
Banana Fish
23​
▼1​
6​
Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2
22​
▲1​
7​
Asobi Asobase
14​
►​
7​
Grand Blue
14​
►​
9​
Planet With
10​
►​
10​
Hanebado
8​
►​
11​
Satsuriku no Tenshi
7​
►​
12​
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
6​
►​
13​
Captain Tsubasa 2018
4​
►​
13​
Happy Sugar Life
4​
►​
15​
Black Clover
3​
►​
15​
Free!: Dive to the Future
3​
►​
15​
Island
3​
►​
18​
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
2​
►​
18​
Harukana Receive
2​
►​
18​
High Score Girl
2​
►​
18​
Puzzle & Dragon
2​
►​
18​
Shichisei no Subaru
2​
▲7​
18​
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
2​
►​
18​
Steins;Gate 0
2​
►​
18​
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
2​
▼1​
26​
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
1​
▼1​
26​
Persona 5 - The Animation
1​
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll vote for.

Gintama
"I adore when this show makes fun of Naruto."
Overlord "It's always impressive to me how engaging this show can make an episode in which all that actually happens is some talking."
Isekai Mahou "All Glory to the Biscuit Lord!"
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Snk
Overlord
Isekai mahou
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
I wanted to make a joke about the first part, it's hot, Diablo's pouring into me and then they decided to take it to the next level and beyond lol.

Well that's definitely not what I expected the demon lord to be and how she listened to everyone and decided to follow them.

It felt like Rem protected Klem like she was her own child, interesting opponent and rather strong too.

Shera is teaching Klem some weird stuff that's for sure, they decided to give us a 2nd ecchi moment lol.

I thought that Alicia was acting rather strange in this episode, seems she wants the demon lord to destroy the humans.

Hataraku Saibou
White blood cell doesn't have any problem with tight spaces due to his migration ability.

I also want to poke a platelet.

Before opening - who's heard of a cell who only runs into trouble, after opening - HELP!

It's refreshing to see someone other than while blood cell come to her rescue, he beat the crap out of the germ before spraying it to death.

When that germ fused with the other it was glowing and using some pretty impressive attacks, I thought I watching Dragon Ball for a while there.

I also recognized that voice instantly as well, they made short of that germ, they are very versatile and can do so many roles.

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
White blood cell doesn't have any problem with tight spaces due to his migration ability.

I also want to poke a platelet.

Before opening - who's heard of a cell who only runs into trouble, after opening - HELP!

It's refreshing to see someone other than while blood cell come to her rescue, he beat the crap out of the germ before spraying it to death.

When that germ fused with the other it was glowing and using some pretty impressive attacks, I thought I watching Dragon Ball for a while there.

I also recognized that voice instantly as well, they made short of that germ, they are very versatile and can do so many roles.




Honorable Mentions

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
Divine emperor Sigrdrifa, quite the company to be around.

They did manage to undo that spell one way or another.

Well looks like all the girls had a good time with all that alcohol.

A kiss before the battle, the legend about her becoming his wife may just be true.

A metal umbrella, good thinking there, he is stronger than before, doesn't look good for Rune or the wolf clan in general having to go up against 2 different army's.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
I haven't been able to understand the priest all since he first appeared.

We actually got to see Eddie's face for a second there.

Rachel is a witch? what does it make the others than? They are all crazy lunatics, Rachel is the only normal one there.

Just waiting for Zack to make another recovery and save her from that fire.

Island
Damn that really is inhuman killing off the children like that.

Treachery by that cardinal, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Great rescue there by Rinne, fireworks was a great idea.

Oh no not Sara, she acted strong for everyone's sake.

Oh no now it's Karen's turn, that soot blight syndrome were even more dangerous than I thought.

So he did in fact get passionate with Rinne as seen in the 1st episode I think it was.

Now to wait until next episode to see where he ends maybe, maybe naked on the beach again where it all began.

Overlord III

Jashin-Chan no Dropkick
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This Weeks Picks!

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -ep10- Winner of the 2018 Ecchi Award!
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season -ep60- Winners revealed… and Deku vs Kacchan… did not happen. Still good.
Overlord -ep09- Feels as though it's back on track. But… Socerer King? I thought he would pick Overlord!?

This week could have been SnK or Hataraku Saibou for 3rd pick very easily.
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria - Dropped this week due to annoyances. Yes I know there's only 2 episodes left.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Isekai Maou
Banana Fish
Boku no Hero Academia
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,561
Country
Dragonstone
Isekai Maou
Banana Fish
Boku no Hero Academia
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Boku no Hero Academia
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Gintama
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hero Academia
Overlord
Gintama

Planet With also had another strong episode, but for some reason I just can't get 100% invested into the show...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
  1. Boku no Hero Academia.
  2. Overlord.
  3. Planet With.
 
Top