Showdown - Anime Showdown - #14 Best Fight | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Showdown Anime Showdown - #14 Best Fight

Final Round: Vote for the best Fight!

• Netero vs Meruem [Hunter X Hunter]

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Naruto Uzumaki vs Pain [Naruto Shippuuden]

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Chrollo vs Zeno and Silva Zoldyck [Hunter x Hunter]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bell Cranel vs Minotaur [Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka]

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Anime Showdown!
Where Characters And Whole Shows Battle For Ultimate Glory

Welcome to the 14th edition of the Anime Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!

Let's start the 14th showdown. The Best Fight edition!

Here are the nomination rules:

- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one fight for the showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said fight should participate in the showdown. Please add a youtube video and/or a picture to your nomination.

- The nomination period will close once a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.

The voting rules:

- You can only vote for 1 fight, so choose wisely.

- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.

- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 72 hours, so the voting period will be of 72 hours and the final round will last 72 hour too.

- If the amount of nominations reaches a certain number, we will divide them into groups. Each group will have its own voting period.

- Only the 3 fights with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie. [Also applies to the group stage.]

- If only 3 fights are nominated after the nomination period has passed, we will start with the final round right away.

- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the scenes that have proceeded.

- You’re more than welcome to discuss the scenes participating in the showdown.

-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates said ability. This is for fun! <3~

- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.

- Rules will be edited as necessary.

End of the Nomination period: August 21, 5pm CEST.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
A new showdown great :zomg.

There are so many great fights, but the 1st which came to my mind is, HxH 2011's Netero vs Meruem (a totally biased choice :hmph )

NB : Beware pliz, spoilers :

Last edited by a moderator:

Claymore1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate the Naruto Vs Pain fight from Naruto Shippuden.

This is one of my favorite fights in Naruto. It really shows how far Naruto has come and how strong he is now.

And also,
He meets his dad.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I nominate Yusuke Vs Yomi from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Reactions: Sky

Badroulbadour

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate the Medium Vs. the 12 Djinn Metal Vessels from Magi :hee

So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I realize this is an amv, but there was no full fight anywhere on youtube *cries*

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What makes for a good action or fight sequence? I was asking myself this question once not too long ago (and not necessarily just in anime, but also in film/television). The answer that I came to:

First of all action of course must be well choreographed and believable. Well animated with good usage of camera angles to showcase the action (though I have a particular dislike for shakycam since I like to see what is happening personally). Budget helps with animation, but good composition and framing is an art of itself.

Even better if it is well matched with the music. A friend of mine once likened a good action scene to a dance routine. Kuriyama vs the Mummy from Kyoukai no Kanata is one example that comes to my mind here.

The fight should create a portrait of the characters involved. Whether it's just showcasing their personal abilities (the Mami vs Homura fight in the Madoka: Rebellion movie is a nice example of that), or strategic thinking (Girls und Panzer!), or even their personal quirks (Rikka vs Tooka from Chuunibyou). How they fight, and how does it fit in with the kind of the character they are.

And last of all, the fight must tell a story (contributing to the overall larger story of the episode/movie/etc.). No point in having a fight just for the sake of having action.

So with all of that, my nomination goes to:

Knights of Sidonia, episode 11, Sidonia vs the dwarf planet covered with gauna. (Sorry, no Youtube video, not for an entire episode!)

One of the best executed sci-fi fights in many years, with plausible strategy given the capabilities of the weapons involved (and attention to physics, fictional or not!), and good storytelling. Add to that some beautiful camera work.

(Though honestly, first in my mind is the Nevermore/Deathstalker fight from RWBY volume 1 episode 8 :P, but depending on your definitions, that isn't really anime. If it were allowed though, I'd gladly put that as my nomination instead).

Last edited:

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chrollo vs. Zoldycs. from HXH

Reactions: Sky

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well nothing against nominating a fight of wits, and considering it still has plenty action I nominate Blank vs. Jibril

It's greatly entertaining, hilarious, creative and just over the top awesomeness XD One of the most memorable "fights" I've seen, doubt I will ever forget this one.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Mio vs everyone

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I nominate Itachi vs Sasuke from Naruto Shippuuden, the fight which pretty much got me into the anime world.
Here is an AMV recap.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Guess I had to do this after all. :kappa

So I'll nominate Shirou Emiya vs. Gilgamesh.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Mio vs everyone

To be honest this doesn't count as an anime fight as this is just a mere comedy skit.
So please choose something else. :blush

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I nominate Taiga Aisaka vs. Kanou Sumire

It's a very personal, physical, verbal and very emotional fight rivaled only by One Piece's Luffy vs. Usopp, Fullmetal Alchemist's Roy Mustang vs. Envy and Cowboy Bebop's Spike vs. Viscious.

The build up and the aftermath of the fight is one of the best as well.

[video=dailymotion;xb5xlq]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb5xlq_taiga-vs-sumire_shortfilms[/video]

Last edited:

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Gintoki vs Oboro (final fight)
Couldn't find the exact fight alone, but here is an AMV which includes it.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Guess I had to do this after all. :kappa

So I'll nominate Shirou Emiya vs. Gilgamesh.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

To be honest this doesn't count as an anime fight as this is just a mere comedy skit.
So please choose something else. :blush
Then as replacement, instead of nominating the usual ones like Spike vs Vicious, Luffy vs Rob Lucci, Bradley vs everyone, Kurapika vs Ugo or Kiritsugu vs Kirei i nominate Homura vs Mami of Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
^ Mami vs Homura is one of the standout action sequences for me personally :), probably somewhere in my top 5 if I were to make a list; very well executed technically, backed by and well synchronized to a great Kajiura track, and with both nice tactical and emotional showing throughout. The only thing that knocks it down a notch slightly for me is the way it resolved, with Mami pulling a Riful at the end, which felt just a bit too implausible.

Last edited:

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Skyguardian said:
Yeah sadly this isn't a real fight. More like a "normal" romance Anime reaction which includes one of the (if not the) best Tsundere characters ever.
I replace my nomination with Spike Spiegel vs. Mad Pierrot

A relentless action-packed fight. The alley and amusement park setting is perfect. The absence of background music/sound besides the sounds made by the characters and their weapons/explosions intensified the fight even more. The use of lighting, especially in the setting is magnificent. Lastly, the dark conclusion of the fight is great.

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I personally like the Titus vs Aladdin magic battle, but I think the showdown between Sinbad and Kougyoku of Magi deserves a slot.

Anyway if only I could nominate two scenes, I think that one certain scene from Sword of the Strangers movie deserves the title :) too bad I haven't watched it and I can only nominate one

mihsaan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Maldives
I nominate Eren vs Annie round 2 from Attack of the Titans
it was either this or Saber vs Lancer from Fate/Zero

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I second Bell VS the Minotaur from Danmachi.

That was a great fight in terms of the way the animators handled it, the sound design, and the plot built it up as a major point of character development and were able to fully realize that goal. It was so desperate and gory and satisfying.