Shounen Arago by Arai Takahiro

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well, how should I say this... he is the type of fighter that grows on fights rather than training but training helps to introduce him to proper fight but comparing his training to actual battle experience, oh well like most of the fighters I've seen I guess :D
Yep, and somehow I like it. You can become more powerful by training but you can also become stronger by experience. I mostly prefer first one because latter one is harder to deal. It has to be believable you see, the last thing I want is a deus ex machina. The mangaka is doing a good job imo, he is avoiding a deus ex machine and he is processing Arago's power growth naturally reasonable.
 

elitefox

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,857
Reaction score
679
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
The thing I want him to learn are the uses of broaniac for creativity in fighting

the more you know what broniac can do the better you can handle it I think but the student doesn't want to exposed all he knows or arago just won't get it I guess ahahha


Wow seen the latest chapter, too bad they fail but still an awesome chapter

all protagonist went to that stupidity or at least something that is positive, heroic act
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
New chapter is out:

http://trinitybakuma.com/manga/ARAGO/055/1

The Red Horseman is...... A Girl???!!! not that I didn't expect it, but the fact that she's a freakin' loli really threw me off. I bet she's a total psycho.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Looks like the red horse"man" is a freakishly strong school girl that basically decimated everything. From what I can see this may call for Claim Solais' help to even come at par or better than the attacks she's dishing out. She's that freakishly strong that the trios combined attack was necessary to fend of one big burst attack.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
...Shit. The red horseman (AKA Scarlet) really gives a whole new meaning to the word "hot". From the looks of it, she seems to be based on a mythology. does anyone know??


Newest chapter's cliffhanger was Epic!!! the guy looked all sorts of badass. Is he a friend or foe?? well, we'll find out soon!!!
 
Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Well, I've been reading Arago for a while now, and I enjoy reading the series! It's entertaining and definitely unusual.

I try not to think about the 4 horseman's appearances to the original mythology, it doesn't seem to add up much to me. Though Scarlet may be the only one who does, the red horseman represents war and bloodlust, so it makes sense that her power comes in the form of flames, and her using the blade at the end, it totally makes sense. I'm not sure how the white and pale horseman come into play though. o_O

I also loved the cliffhanger, it looks like the final horseman is going to need more than just Arago's normal powers to kill off. :P
 

maxikki

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i wonder who's the new character that is going to appear? it'd be interesting if he is a demon hunter like van helsing and ends up taking the sword.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well, the latest chapter reveals whom the new force is. Albion, it is called and it brings forwards more questions. This group has probably been in charge of guarding the treasures of eirin and this might also be the reason why he finally showed up to help out Arago and co. I kinda look forward to what Albion is exactly
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
The new guy, Albion is pretty awesome. In a way, he reminds me of Naruto. No boom-boom powers, just simple traps and weapons you really know how to use.

I got the feeling that Rio's gonna join in the fray very soon. With Albion as her partner and mentor she'd be a big help to Arago. I've been waiting for her involvement since Lucian arc.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Scarlet still has the sword though... And the new guy doesn't seem to plan on retrieving it at the moment. So the problem still stand D: Still least it looks like they'll be acquiring some useful allies.
 

revennge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
163
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Just read chapter 59. So they retrieved the "seed" good. I wonder what'll happen next. Will they be buddies or just ally ;D.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think I just got a new fav character. Yay for Oswell, he's frickin cool and actually smart. Good contrast to Arago, who runs headfirst into traps. I think he'll be an ally that's brought in every once in a while. Not a main character though. He seems to stick very close to his duty, which is solely to defend the Queen.

Good to see the further deconstruction of an ideal fight. I liked how the protagonists got exhausted and how the arrival of a trickster saved them.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well, Oswell is cool but it doesn't tell us a lot about Albion. Okay, they are some allies but don't forget that Arago has a treasure of Erin in him. He could easily be considered as an enemy later on because of that sole issue. It think that he can be assured because the enemy of my enemy is my friend but if I were arago, I'd watch my steps too
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Is it just me or was Oswell heavily inspired by Ciel from Tsukihime XD. The moves, fighting style, and even his special weapon completely reminded me of Ciel and her conceptual weapon Seven.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Can't say, never read Tsukihime

Anyway most recent chapter was bland. It didn't add enough to the story at my will. The important items could have been easily told within 4 or 5 pages. BUT I am still interested in Albion. The organization seems very important and I wonder what other functions are manned. I assume that executioner is one among others. Anyway, we already know that Arago is very likely the container whom Patchman wants to get his hands on
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
The latest chapter reveals Oswell's mission.

I don't understand Japanese, but from what I can understand, it seems like his mission is to protect Arago Hunt for some reason related to Patchman.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
One word: magnificent... The most recent chapters of Arago have been awesome. The tone of the story is darker than it was before. Patchman and his horsemen succeeded in their mission. The cauldron's four seals have been broken with nasty consequences. Arago's power is very effective but there's so many dark creatures. I really think that he can't handle it all alone.

I just hope that this won't turn out into one long final fight
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm thinking that after they manage to deal with the monsters they'll go after Patchman and the Horsemen.

The match-ups will be:

Joe vs Red (Scarlet)
Arago vs Black (Cloteaux)
Seth vs Pale (Lucian)
Oz vs White (Hughes)
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It seems Arago is going to end in some chapters.What a pity.

I liked the recent chapters.I wonder how they want to defeat the four horsemen,though.
 
Top