Discussion - Art Contest Discussion Thread | Page 194 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The winner of the Halloween Art Contest is @Erinyes
Congratulations! :party
Our runner-ups are @Hermit and @Juviii with a shared 2nd place :blush
Points will be added to the leaderboard accordingly!

So for the next contest: What do you guys want to do? Freestyle again? Maybe something else?
And what about the theme?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The winner of the Halloween Art Contest is @Erinyes
Congratulations! :party
Our runner-ups are @Hermit and @Juviii with a shared 2nd place :blush
Points will be added to the leaderboard accordingly!

So for the next contest: What do you guys want to do? Freestyle again? Maybe something else?
And what about the theme?
How many d'you reckon you can squeeze in before years end? 1 or 2? 👀

Christmas Freestyle to finish off would be neat but maybe you can squeeze in another before it and have them as 2 weeks each?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
We can squeeze two in I believe, that'd be no problem :3

Christmas freestyle to end the year with sounds good to me!
So ideas for the other one?

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We can squeeze two in I believe, that'd be no problem :3

Christmas freestyle to end the year with sounds good to me!
So ideas for the other one?
New year's postcard?

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I also second (or third) that christmas freestyle one!

Ah I like Juvilicious' new year postcard idea too ♥

For themes, hmmm, how bout these (all work for freestyle i think):
  • "Winter fun" (ppl can share how they have fun during winter)
  • "Favorite winter drink/sweets"
  • "Christmas memories"
  • "Winter Fashion"

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Given the time left in the year, maybe go with one last hurrah now in the Chrissy Freestyle then start the new year off right with the new years postcards? :hmm @Marmalade

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
And we are finally back again with a new art contest!
The Christmas freestyle contest has arrived 🎄 Hope you all have your gifts, decorations and reindeer ready to join this contest! The deadline is right after Christmas on December the 26th.
Don't hesitate and join here!

Also, make sure to vote for the theme for the very last contest of the year! The poll is in this thread, based on the suggestions you guys have made
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hi everyone! As @Erinyes was the sole, but brilliant participant of the Christmas Contest the win goes to her :blush Loved your entry!

With that said: I'm currently in the process of creating a new schedule for the upcoming year. This means a little more time for the contests, more insight in the points you earn and a little something extra we didn't have before.
I'm planning to go live with the first contest of the year upcoming Sunday.

What do I need from you all? Suggest all the themes and categories you want to do this year! Freestyle will be a more frequent thing, but I want to fine tune this to what you guys want to do. So suggest away! You can use this thread, the suggestion thread, or send me a PM! :nod

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Marm-chan if I may suggest something regarding photography contests, it would be if possible to get to know themes in advance ( like 2 months in advance) so we have enough time to find some subject. exple lets see the contest is to take a picture of a rainy weather or winter picture, sometimes 2 weeks are not enough to get the ideal moment or subject to photograph.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
That sounds reasonable actually! It's kinda why I want to get as much suggestions for theme's as we can, to work things out in advance.
That said: Contests will now be 3 weeks instead of two, and there will be a bit of a resting period between them (8-10 contests a year)
(I'll post the schedule itself once I've finalized the dates!)

For photography in general: I've been wanting to experiment with something - a constantly monthly photography contest. Something low-key and easy to join. See it as a "picture of the month" type of thing. Still debating whether I should do a theme for each month (theme-list for the whole year will be up along with the scheduling in that case), or leave it open to you guys to submit your favorite picture of that month.
this is a little extra besides the regular contests!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The schedule for the upcoming year is here! We'll officially start tomorrow - as a reminder on how to earn points for the leaderboard I've added the ways one can earn points down below :blush

How to earn leaderboard points:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
o-omo indeed.

The results for the leaderboard are here!!

Congratulations @Erinyes, @Valhalla and @SirSamuel016 - cute rewards are headed your way! :blush 💘
Let me know if you guys would like to see a breakdown of the points - Erin for example earned a lot of points by participating in most contests and Valhalla has created sets for mafia game, alongside winning an art contest.

I hope you all join in the upcoming year too! 😊 I know I will~

and with that said, let's open the first art contest of the year! It's a freestyle contest, you can find it here! The deadline is februari 26th, so you have about three weeks to submit your piece!

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
o-omo indeed.

The results for the leaderboard are here!!

Congratulations @Erinyes, @Valhalla and @SirSamuel016 - cute rewards are headed your way! :blush 💘
Let me know if you guys would like to see a breakdown of the points - Erin for example earned a lot of points by participating in most contests and Valhalla has created sets for mafia game, alongside winning an art contest.

I hope you all join in the upcoming year too! 😊 I know I will~

and with that said, let's open the first art contest of the year! It's a freestyle contest, you can find it here! The deadline is februari 26th, so you have about three weeks to submit your piece!

... how did i get there :XD have i actually managed to accumulate that many points this year? I didnt even know you get points from mafia sets lol

But @Erinyes-chan is definitely a true winner this year. From what i remember i dont think she missed a competition. Congrats :verily
And to congrats to @SirSamuel016 :tem

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

... how did i get there :XD have i actually managed to accumulate that many points this year? I didnt even know you get points from mafia sets lol

But @Erinyes-chan is definitely a true winner this year. From what i remember i dont think she missed a competition. Congrats :verily
And to congrats to @SirSamuel016 :tem
Hahaha yeah we definitely didn't expect the MG avatar making to have such an impact on the rankings - but the ones you made really do deserve a bit of praise in my opinion!

So as the deadline for the first art contest of the year is approaching, here a little reminder to join if you want! The deadline is 26th of February. It's a freestyle contest, so go live your wildest creative dreams!!

And with that, I'd also like to announce the opening of the first monthly photography challenge! There are no winners (and no voting period) for this challenge, it's all about sharing beautiful images with each other. However, you will earn 5 points for the leaderboard for your participation.
The deadline is the last day of February, which in this case is February 28th! Do join, it'll be fun

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm hoping to take some photos for submission coz I'll be out and about this month. Just gotta remember to take them!

I took some but can't find the SD card. They were not fancy but would've been able to submit something...

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't see the April photo submission thread, so posted on the March one :)