Discussion - Art Contest Schedule and Theme Suggestion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Schedule and Theme Suggestion Thread

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Create a Badge Contest
An Art Contest Really but something that I don't think has been done before. Participants would submit badge designs with any kind of theme allowed by Forum Rules and the winner of the voting round gets to have their own badge displayed on their profile. Not something I think I'd actually enter but I think a lot of people would participate with how active the A&S Section has been lately.

Edit: Ah, thanks Mod-san I'd forgotten about this thread :XD

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is still the appropriate thread for suggestions. About the contest, it does sound like a good idea, could probably work as a seasonal contest.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes that's sort of what I had in mind. If this were to happen for one of the Seasonal Contests then perhaps a set of size requirements and things of the sort could be acquired from the Techs?

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes that's sort of what I had in mind. If this were to happen for one of the Seasonal Contests then perhaps a set of size requirements and things of the sort could be acquired from the Techs?
So some of them could be included in the actual list:heh

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn - i think i breathed air too much. I am seeing things.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Yes, we could get the specifics from them

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok so since the 2017 Art Season is about to start, I was thinking of a few possible contests.
  • MH Poem Contest - Users would submit a short poem focusing on the MH Forum itself and their experiences.

• Retro Avi and Sig Contest - A run of the mill A&S, but with a Retro theme, either anime/manga or Videogames.

• Short Story: Time - Speaks for itself, a shot story with Time as the theme.

• Song Writing Contest - Users submit a lyrics script with at least a Chorus (Can add more if they want).

• Design Your Own Promotional Poster - Again, speaks for itself. Users submit a design for an anime or manga promotional poster. Try to make it as appealing as possible.

• MH Banner Contest: Year of the Rooster - Users submit a banner with a Chinese Year of the Rooster theme.

• Avi and Sig Contest: Anti-Heroes - Users submit an antihero themed set.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Retro Avi and Sig Contest
MH Banner Contest: Year of the Rooster
These are not bad. (y)

I am gonna propose my previous suggestion again: Food/dessert/cake/ice cream photography.

Also I will add one more suggestion: Japanese calligraphy. Members submit their own Japanese calligraphy (either one kanji or, two, or sentence) and use backgrounds like these

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
These are not bad. (y)

I am gonna propose my previous suggestion again: Food/dessert/cake/ice cream photography.

Also I will add one more suggestion: Japanese calligraphy. Members submit their own Japanese calligraphy (either one kanji or, two, or sentence) and use backgrounds like these

That last idea is fantastic. We need more out there suggestions like these to make 2017 amazing

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only ideas that popped in my head right now are:

Rivalry
Prized possession
Design a 8-bit character aka the classic video game design

The first one could use for anything while the second one is probably best for photography

Last edited:

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
i'd like to propose these :<_>
  • MH Representative Set Contest
  • Old House Photography Contest
  • Love Story Contest
  • Chibi Banner Contest

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another idea:

Write a story or poem inspired by a quote

Ajao

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
We should have a coloured manga, where all the black and white are given colours of the artist choice

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so since the 2017 Art Season is about to start, I was thinking of a few possible contests.
  • MH Poem Contest - Users would submit a short poem focusing on the MH Forum itself and their experiences.

• Retro Avi and Sig Contest - A run of the mill A&S, but with a Retro theme, either anime/manga or Videogames.

• Short Story: Time - Speaks for itself, a shot story with Time as the theme.

• Song Writing Contest - Users submit a lyrics script with at least a Chorus (Can add more if they want).

• Design Your Own Promotional Poster - Again, speaks for itself. Users submit a design for an anime or manga promotional poster. Try to make it as appealing as possible.

• MH Banner Contest: Year of the Rooster - Users submit a banner with a Chinese Year of the Rooster theme.

• Avi and Sig Contest: Anti-Heroes - Users submit an antihero themed set.
Added all but the last 2 to the list. The Chinese New Year theme only works if the contest begins before the new year, otherwise it doesn't much sense to me. Secondly, we've had villains and superhero already, it feels like we should move from that specific area theme for a bit.

These are not bad. (y)

Food is already on the list of options for this year's photography events; check the opening post. Added Japanese Caligraphy; very cool idea indeed.

The only ideas that popped in my head right now are:

Rivalry
Prized possession
Design a 8-bit character aka the classic video game design

The first one could use for anything while the second one is probably best for photography
Added all of yours to the list and your name too; so if it gets chosen for a contest, you'll pick up the points :lovebunny

i'd like to propose these :<_>
  • MH Representative Set Contest
  • Old House Photography Contest
  • Love Story Contest
  • Chibi Banner Contest
Another idea:

Write a story or poem inspired by a quote
Added these too, except your first darky; which you'll have to explain to me.

We should have a coloured manga, where all the black and white are given colours of the artist choice
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by artists choice of colours but for now I've put it as colouring a manga page or panel. I guess we can make it more interesting and set limits to colours or something.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
How about these ones? :?bunny
  • Pokemon: avatar&signature set or drawing
  • Digimon: avatar&signature set or drawing

ninjasushi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be nice to see a sort of spriting contest happening. Splicing old game sprites or doing a certain character in the style of spriting from another game could be interesting

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be nice to see a sort of spriting contest happening. Splicing old game sprites or doing a certain character in the style of spriting from another game could be interesting
Doing a video game sprite banner could work perhaps.

As with all other suggestions, we can add it to the list and when it comes to the relevant contest, we can put it to vote as with the current poll.