Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I think he killed her, accidentally of course. When he transformed into his current form, there's a tiny panel of what looks like his tentacle penetrating Aguri in the stomach.

You will have feels, its a Matsui manga after all! I am remembering Professor Harukawa and Setsuna a lot now-a-day because of this flashback. Matsui seems to like this sort of doomed couple.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I felt 140 was weaker than I expected it to be, but 141 was just right.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feels like the series is definitely going down a predictable ending path. I remember it used to be pretty unique but now with a save korosensei plan its just became standard shonen jump happy ending manga fare, darn.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Relax, man. It would be real poor story-telling not to show any effect on the students' determination to kill him after he told them their pretty tragic story, but I don't think they'll go through with the "save korosensei" idea in the end. For one, like Rio said, Korosensei insisted that their bond is that of assassins and their target. and because well, if this process could be reversed, I doubt Yanagisawa would be so intent on plain killing Korosensei (although he is a crazy, proud loser, and... well, I still don't think Koro can be saved).

Also, while Karasuma expressed his concern for the kids (and Korosensei), Korosensei implied that he will manage to get the students back to the task of assasinating him. Bitch sensei also did an uncharacteristically serious comment to the students, but the basic idea she tried to give was "do not try killing him only because it is your duty. Either be happy about the actual killing or give up on it".

So next chapter I suppose we'll have a continuation on the discussion on whether they try to kill him or not (Anda Karma will probably do some convincing on the "killing" side), and then we'll continue with the standard killing story
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I feel like this series really lost momentum somewhere. Saving him doesn't necessarily bother me, but I find myself a lot less invested for some reason? I am not trying to be one of those people who whines about a series obnoxiously by any means, but it is just weird to me how quickly this went from one of my favorite reads to well, meh I guess I should keep reading it. Maybe it is because I feel like I can more or less predict how it will end?
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Seems like the war in the class is going full power.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Well, I sure hope they won't go the easy shounen way and try saving him instead of killing him in the end. I also liked how Ritsu decided to stay neutral
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sorry if the shounen manga is going the shounen route. :/

The long flashback arc may have dampened the pace, but if Matsui can deliver some more comedy from the beginning-middle of the manga things can easily turn around. It's great to see their curring potentials and skills while allowing them to brawl between themselfs, since they have no reason for infighting to begin with. Aside from this conflict.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would have preferred some interesting position of characters. The compositions of the sides are unsurprising. Terasaka's friends, the sniper duo who have consistently had top marks, Itona another Terasaka crony, and Karma kun were all predicted to be there. Class Rep and pretty boy Isogai and Maehara, good with knives but siding to the good could have made it interesting if they were on the other side but putting them with Nagisa's crew and the noncombatant folks made it a meh chapter.

Oh well at least Chiba delivered a good start.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Well... as always this series proves to be the most pleasant surprise. I'm left at awe with the tactic of Nagisa, it was pure genius especially his hiding place. Another wonderful point of this manga is now I'm not exactly too sure which direction the fight would be leaning on, since they're both equally crafty in their own ways.

Definitely looking forward to the next chapters, can't come any sooner!
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I did like Nagisa pulling a beast mode, but 4 people in a moment? o hai, this is way too much (they all are well trained by this point, it shouldn't have been THAT biased).

I guess next chapter will be the ending of the "civil war". Still hoping for the kill team to win so this manga can continue having a point. Regarding its title, that is xD
 

Mighty Action X

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
It all ends with a one on one fight between the two best assassins of Class E.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I wouldn't be surprised if in the next chapter Karma says: "You know, lets forget this childish game..." pulls out 2 real knifes "... and finally decide who is the better assassin!"
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nagisa is such a freaking G.

Karma is probably going to win in the end, but there is probably going to be a loop hole compromise or something. Like, they'll Kill the Threat, but Save the Teacher or something.
 

Mighty Action X

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Nagisa is such a freaking G.

Karma is probably going to win in the end, but there is probably going to be a loop hole compromise or something. Like, they'll Kill the Threat, but Save the Teacher or something.
C'mon! Nagisa had defeated an Assassin in a one on one match in equal footing while Karma had to use tricks not to mention that he fought a weaker Assassin compared to the one that Nagisa fought.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nagisa winning would be too obvious, in my opinion, and the switch to saving the teacher rather than killing him would go against the reason for him being there. I think both choices are going to be respected, but I don't see that happening if Nagisa wins.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Nagisa is such a freaking G.

Karma is probably going to win in the end, but there is probably going to be a loop hole compromise or something. Like, they'll Kill the Threat, but Save the Teacher or something.
Well we still have Ritsu staying neutral so... if anything I think her choosing a side would end up being the deciding factor -- never said she couldn't choose a side along the way after all and I'm sure after analyzing everything she's bound to make a decision.
 

Mighty Action X

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Nagisa winning would be too obvious, in my opinion, and the switch to saving the teacher rather than killing him would go against the reason for him being there. I think both choices are going to be respected, but I don't see that happening if Nagisa wins.
So what if it is too obvious. The "Not Obvious" outcomes had been too abundant nowadays that the obvious outcome is much rarer compared to that. And what's wrong too if they shifted from killing him to saving him, the real goal even though unknown to the entire class E is to stop the Antimatter from destroying the world and that can be achieved even without killing Korosensei.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Normally I hate chapters like 147, but I make this one an exception... As long as they don't pull the same dragging style thing in 148, that is.

@Marzarret: After this chapter, Nagisa winning would not be so obvious, but it's not that it'd be stupid, bad or poor storytelling that class 3E now changed its objective to saving Korosensei instead of continue with trying to kill him after Nagisa's victory. It's more like I'd rather the manga continued in the "kill your teacher" style it had. But in my opinion, Korosensei himself is such an awesome character that I wouldn't really mind if they finally go for saving him :D
 
Top