Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Do you think that this new assassin would come back later? I surely hope so since he might become another Korosensei's valuable allies.
Red Eye is probably my favorite character thus far, so I'm also hoping he'll show up again.
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
He killed the cookie monster. HOW COULD YOU?! :gwah
I think that's actually supposed to be Elmo. Everything else in the scope is supposed to be red, including the apple, the post box, and of course, Mario's cap. I think it's worse that Elmo is shot instead of the Cookie Monster.

The latest chapter was probably the best chapter I've read so far. Everything was okay up to this point, but this chapter in particular just seemed very fun to read.

It felt so animated the way it went through the day's events. I like how the science was actually explained behind Korosensei stopping Red Eye's first bullet. Seeing all the red Shout Outs in Red Eye's scope made me smile. The resolution to the chapter was well done too.

Even though it was all compiled into one chapter, it didn't seem rushed at all.
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
On a totally random note what do you guys think how popular AssClass will become? Or is it only a short hype and sales will decline/stay the same at best?
I agree with Doraku and will say that AssClass won't reach Naruto/One Piece status. However, I have a feeling that it will exceed Neuro if it continues at this pace. The popularity is partly due to its simple, straight forward premise so it should be good as long as Matsui doesn't try to overcomplicate the story.

Of course, I won't know for sure unless it reaches its six months milestone.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I think that's actually supposed to be Elmo. Everything else in the scope is supposed to be red, including the apple, the post box, and of course, Mario's cap. I think it's worse that Elmo is shot instead of the Cookie Monster.
Now that you mention it, you might be right. But what's possibly more epic about it being Elmo instead of the Cookie Monster is that there was a legitimate controversy when he was introduced to Sesame Street. My older sisters hate Elmo despite growing up watching Sesame Street too, mainly because the studio showed him more than the other segments.

Color me impressed, Matsui! Its these kind of little things that make Matsui stand out to me. Like the ruined Jesus painting showing up in a chapter about ruination, or even the way Nagisa visualizes math problems as monsters that can be killed, they're all great uses of imagery.

Characters profile in the first volume, thank Ms. Lynxian for her kindness :)
I think its interesting that Korosensei is wearing a military officer's uniform. Do you think its a hint as to what Korosensei really is? That hat is confusing me! And I didn't know Nagisa is vegetarian! I thought Kayano would have her bio in here too, but I guess we'll have to wait for volume 2. I'm looking forward to seeing Bitch-sensei and Karma's bios.

[tmod=Doraku]It's an old school uniform I think, rather than a military one.[/tmod]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
"Korosensei - Strong points: He's super easy to draw." :XD
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I really hope Red Eye shows up again, he seems like a bro.

And I died laughing when I spotted Elmo
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
i''m glad that Karasuma ( my favorite character ) has the same birthday as me and almost the same height ( i'm 4cm taller :P )

loved the guide book, but what are those symbols at the back cover ?!
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey guys. Apparently, Nicolson has chosen the top 11 candidates for the voice of Korosensei a week ago. They are as follows:

You can listen to their audition clips in their posts via the links above. The first seven auditioners are men while the last four are women.

And here's an approximately translated list, with links to as many of their Twitter accounts as I could find:

If I'm right, the number next to the hearts in their profiles indicate the number of votes each contestant is receiving. At the time I'm typing this post out, Cocytus is ahead at 216. Personally, I'm favouring him too the most. I like Valkyrie's too, who's second at 203, but his laugh is weird. I don't like the high-pitched laugh in general. I also like Garakuta's voice, but it's receiving the least number of votes at the moment, tied with Yua at 25.

---------- Post added November 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was November 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

UPDATE: Sorry guys. I just realized Nicolson had already confirmed their new voice actor for Korosensei this past Tuesday.

The winner is Valkyrie (Nicolson, Twitter).
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This Valkyrie has quite an unpleasant voice...Cocytus was good.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I didn't expect Korosensei to have such a deep voice. So is this for the Vomic? They decided to go for fresh talent as oppose to someone more established? That's really interesting!
 

AshFR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I love this manga, one of the best new manga I've ever seen beating bleach and naruto quite easily in my general OP.(All thought that might be for the fact I really dislike those manga...)...
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Chapter 19 is out..

So our favorite sensei has his own love story to tell, that's an unexpected development :amuse. The moment where he peeked into Boys room is priceless, he's interested in gossip too. Frankly I didn't expect that Karasuma knows that much about Korosensei. This is an intermezzo chapter, but it's still fun to read :toc. Cannot wait to see what happens next after this.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well there was a woman hinted in the first chapter so it is not that a surprise. On the countrary the fact that he was once human is new I think. He is not completely a human experiment creation then.
And indeede it was fun to read, in particular the girls who try to peep and koro sensei weird body
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Indeed, it's a quite important revelation that he was once human. It also confirms that he has a deeper backstory (might be some somewhat tragic parts in the manga depending on the tone Matsui wants to give it).

Other than that a nice funny chapter like usual, I think it's really refreshing to have this sort of manga in Jump, and Matsui's bizarre style always gives interesting atmospheres. I wonder how fast woud Korosensei be at the videogame Kanzaki was playing? He would probably lose to her since the computer wouldn’t be able to keep up with his moves :p. The bath part was funny too, when he gets out of the bath and his mucus stays with him, but why couldn't we see him naked !? :gwah

I agree with Teeba I was imagining a much less deeper voice for Korosensei.

About the popularity and advertising stuff (haven’t been here in a while so I’m only comenting it now) I like how the manga is popular but of course it’s a bit forced and I think exagerated for a new series, which hasn’t had enough time to seriously deserve that much atention (as much as I like the manga). But that was to be expected anyway, with ToC rankings that good, so it didn’t really come as a surprise to me. Also, I don’t think it can reach Naruto-level popularity or anything, but I also don’t think the hype will go down or the quality suffer so my guess is it will be very popular, just not as much as those huge hits. But you never know, I also would never have imagined it would be this popular already when it started (even if I thought it was going to be quite popular) but look at it now. Anyway I don’t think it will affect Matsui and if it lives up to it’s popularity I don’t mind it at all :).
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Indeed, it's a quite important revelation that he was once human. It also confirms that he has a deeper backstory (might be some somewhat tragic parts in the manga depending on the tone Matsui wants to give it).
It will most likely be somewhat tragic. To me that much was obvious since the first chapter:


From this I deducted that he was once human (because it looks like he's transforming there, head and body still looks somewhat human), had a woman he loved and who died in some tragic event which he is somehow involved into. I guess it will still be a lot of time until we see more from that but I'm quite interested to see what Matsui has in mind regarding Korosensei's backstory.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I actually thought Korosensei was talking about past loves, like from when he was a teenager...and yeah, it was easy to guess Korosensei was once human. What was great about this chapter though, is that Karasuma(?) seems to know a little bit about his past too. No one except the readers saw that flashback, so it was still surprising.

Another bit that I found really awesome (if it gets expanded on) is Irina talking about herself, but not really talking about herself when she was hanging out with the girls. According to this person on tumblr, Irina Jellavic might be from one of the Yugoslavian countries, based on her last name and what she says in the chapter: "Unlike me, you girls were born into a country which isn't particularly dangerous." Since she's 20, she'd have grown up during the Yugoslav wars. I know this is a pretty far out observation, but if its true it makes her all the more interesting.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
So can I say it's official now that Korosensei could change his head into 7 different colors? :lmao
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think it was official already from this page.

You can see 6 colors on his skin, that plus black makes it 7. And in that color page there are just 5. But what kind of bothers me is that in the beginning it was just green stripes or another pattern of another color, and now it's always his full face that changes. Well, not that it really matters, but I think Matsui maybe changed his mind and decided it would be better for his entire body to change.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Also, in the raw scan of the same page, to the left of Koro's face, you can see these two kanji: 七色 (Nana iro - seven colors). In the translation it's the colors of the rainbow, which is basically the same thing since there are seven main colors in the rainbow, though in japanese it's more specific.
 
Last edited:
Top