Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
When I first knew about this manga, it has only started. I told myself that I would start reading next week, but the day only come today and the series has ended with 180 chapters. It even has a live action in 2015 and 2016. So I would probably be watching the anime and shows as well.

As I was reading the series, I was also sparing some time on a book. It was a mystery story. In the book, the suspected murderer was being "accused" by the public as being the real murderer through the media (internet, TV, newspapers, magazines). As the suspected murderer was reading/watching those accusation against her, she decided to write down her side of the story.

In her brief biography, she mentioned about her school life experiences where the homeroom teacher was a big bully to the students. The teacher would give students very sarcastic nicknames and openly made fun of their names and their looks. For example during first class of the day, she would need to mark attendance. She would call out something like "the one who is drawn by a <H> pencil so-and-so Student" (H in Japanese is referring to ******). Or "Student so-and-so, the princess who lives in the castle, how does she look like", then she would pretend to search for the student and when her eyes met that student, she would show a look as if she had seen a ghost. After that she would laugh. Because of that, the other students also started to laugh at that poor girl. Other students also need not escape and suffered the same fate like having a nickname called "octopus" as her name was misspelled when the family registered her name when she was born. The teacher changed a letter in her name and it became octopus. Due to those unkindly mockery, those nicknames and humiliation did not stop and the students became bully targets to the rest of the school.

Why am I telling this story? One thing which is obvious is the nickname "octopus" which is what the series' Koro-sensei looks like. Secondly when I read about the students of E-class were the targets of mistreatment, particularly the teachers, it makes me wonder that many bullying in school can actually be initiated by the teachers themselves. Though in a story, it can be exaggerated and created for comical relief, but in real life, there may be some form of bullying in school by the teachers. For example, some teachers may deliberately ignore certain students who are not so bright or do poorly academically which in turn bring the teachers' reputation down. If the students can't perform well, in schools of some countries (eg. Japan), it may affect the homeroom teachers. They may even get reprimanded or worse, get demoted or no pay increment. This kind of scenario is quite similar to Akabane who was bullied (betrayed and lied due to discrimination) by his teacher. He was then suspended from school for a period of time and when he resumed back to school, he was sent to the E-class. It was no wonder that he hated the teachers so much.

In the first place the "End" Class is clearly the biggest discrimination. How unfortunate for those students who were enrolled into this school. Though the story was funny, it has other implications behind it which may exist in real life, like the bullying, discrimination, humiliation, hatred, sadness and violent in school.

Before I go off reading the rest of the story, I must say that the series is pretty good and unique, in the sense that the students are assassins/hitmen and the funny part is that the students are assigned and expected to kill their teacher though it's true that Koro-sensei is trying to destroy the earth. But it is still quite hilarious. :Haha I'm imagining it happening in our schools.
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With the anime having ended today I believe, I just want to take the time to say how masterful this manga is from start to finish. It definitely, in my opinion, holds itself at the pinnacle of emotional and meaningful storytelling, as well as comedy, in manga. What started as literally the most bizarre, seemingly controversial premise you could fathom very quickly turned into something incredible and what really was great to me was how just about every member of the class was characterized well and important to the class. There's really just a lot I could say about this manga and the messages and ideals it promotes, but I'll just leave it where I'm at and just say that I REALLY look forward to future works by this author.
 

Heeroaku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
141
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Databook 2 Spoilers I'm so glad we got to see more of what happens, I just hope it continues on. XD
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Assassination Classroom Food Truck To Sell Koro-Sensei Pancakes

In celebration of the wrapping up of the second season of the anime, an Assassination Classroom-themed food truck will be serving up pancake renditions of everyone's favorite yellow tentacled teacher in Odaiba. The truck will be found near the first floor of the Fuji TV building, inside the grounds of the "Odaiba Minna no Yume Tairiku 2016" festival, from July 16th to August 31st. It will be serving vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and matcha-flavored ice cream, tuna with eggs, and special Koro-sensei pancakes.

More details can be found in ANN






It looks very interesting. Wish I could taste one of those pancakes too. :Haha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Assassination Classroom Anime Film's 3rd Teaser Video Previews Original Scene, Theme Song

Film opening on 19th November 2016 features new scene with Nagisa, Karma

The official website of the anime project of Yusei Matsui's Assassination Classroom (Ansastsu Kyōshitsu) manga began streaming the third teaser video on Friday for the Gekijōban Ansatsu Kyōshitsu: 365-Nichi no Jikan(Assassination Classroom The Movie: 365 Days) compilation anime film.


The video previews the added original scene that the compilation film will include, which features Nagisa and Karma and takes place the day before the class reunion depicted at the end of the manga, seven years after the manga's climax. Yusei Matsui, the manga's creator, collaborated with the film's staff for the original story.

The video also previews Shion Miyawaki's theme song "Jigyō Novel" (Commencement Novel).

The film will screen alongside an anime adaptation of Jō Aoto and Kizuku Watanabe's Koro-sensei Q! (Koro Teacher Quest!) spinoff manga. The films will open in Japan on November 19.



Watanabe and Aoto began the Koro-sensei Q! spinoff series in Shueisha's Saikyō Jump in October 2015. In the manga Koro-sensei is a demon king in a world of swords and sorcery.


Look out for the new film, Koro-sensei fans! :super
 

appsmartvn

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Country
Australia
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

What an awesome way to start a series! I really enjoyed Neuro (despite the actual mysteries not being that great) and it looks like it will be the same with this series. I love how a lot of parts felt like an uplifting school drama (albeit a bizzare one at that). There were a few moments that were surprisingly serious. Here's hoping Japan enjoys the series as much as we do!
Just gave it a read. Doesn't seem like my thing so far.
 
Top